What Food Makes You Happy

Options
astul
astul Posts: 63 Member
We all know chocolate makes you happy (unless you're allegeric to it of course!) but what healthy food makes you happy when you eat it??

Mine bizzarely is coucous and mediterean vegetables (a Tesco special) !! yum!!:tongue:

9125117.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with peanut butter & fruit. It is like a dessert. & makes me smile big!
  • alz6690
    Options
    smoked salmon!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This amazing salad I make all the time.

2 cups mixed greens or romaine
    4 oz cooked seasoned (chili powder/cumin) grilled chicken breast
    1/4 cup reduced sodium black beans
    1/4 cup frozen corn (thawed or cooked then slightly cooled)
    green pepper strips
    100 calorie pack wholly gaucolmole (if I'm out of these I use 1 tbsp light sour cream 1 tbsp salsa instead)

I literally am so happy after the first bite, this salad is delicious and you can use steak or tuna instead of chicken---love it all three ways. Very filling/low in calories, calorie content varies depending upon which meat/dressing you choose to use. Mmmm now I want one--doh!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    This:

Bcwhaleweb.3893101.jpg
  • zontuin
    zontuin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries. Yumm...

And, Astul, WOW, you look fabulous darhling!
    100 lbs lost, and 12 more to your goal. Absolutely inspiring!
    Thanks for the motivation this morning.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and dried apricots. It's like PB&J without the bread and all of the added sugar. Delicious.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Okay, it is borderline "healthy," but mine is Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter -Creamy, on a perfectly ripe banana. One tablespoon worth. There's just nuthin in the world like gettin back home from "Illinois", opening up a jar, grabbin a banana and a jar, kickin back and lookin out my back door. That particular food combination always give me that "bother me tomorrow, today I'll buy no sorrow" feelin.
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    This:

Bcwhaleweb.3893101.jpg

Yesss. Me too!!! Sushi always makes me feel happy.
  • Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks dipped in salsa and or no fat natural yogurt

Leak and cabbage chopped very finely and fried in a little olive oil with tumeric shredded coconut and cumin seeds.. YUM!

Natural no fat yogurt with a drop of nando's hot piri piri sauce
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm on the sushi bandwagon and I also love mixing a tablespoon of peanut butter into my oatmeal. And if we remove the "healthy" portion of the question mashed potatoes are my number one comfort food, bar none:)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,000 Member
    Options
    BBQ'd ribs and pulled pork and a nice raw cheese, I'll stop there, the list is endless.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    This:

Bcwhaleweb.3893101.jpg

I could come close to finishing that. i love it so much.

Korean BBQ also makes me happy. not only does it taste great but there is such a wonderful social aspect to the meal.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sushi makes my belly happy.
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    That sushi look amazing! Yumm-o! :)
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right that's it, I'm going to have to try sushi! Never really wanted to before but you've persuaded me!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh chocolate -- doesn't make me happy. lol. (chips however.... or anything salt/greasy).

But Raspberries make me happy! I'd pick raspberries over most unhealthy foods any day. My grandfather used to have a raspberry farm, that I was NOT allowed to work on because I ate more raspberries than I picked.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese on cheese crackers tastes so luxurious, the double cheesiness is awesome!

Good fruit makes me happy. And eating mexican - but the mexican I eat is low fat and lower carb. Veggies, beans, sauce, and a little rice and/or flat bread.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mac n cheese
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. Heavenly.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    FRUITS!!!!