Turbo Jammers 4/20-4/26

Options
1235»

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lyn! Hope you had a great day :heart:

Janet, I love getting new furniture and rearranging everything or just rearranging the old stuff, I drive DH nuts with that, he's never sure what he's gonna come home to...and yeah, with all these kids it can get pretty scary looking under the couch, I'd be thrilled if I just found dust! :laugh: The mustard and vinegar sound great...I'll try that on my sammiches at home too.

Christy...so glad you're excited and hooked on TJ!! :drinker: It's definitely addictive...I didn't get a workout in today, we were running around too much, and I feel really restless. I might go do something, but just had a late dinner and I don't want to be jumping around alot. :sick:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
    :heart:
  • KrazyKatie
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm new to this thread but not new to Turbo Jam. We did it twice a week as a group in my small town. I found it to be a great workout, but the time changed with the group workouts, and now I have TJ at home.
    THAT being said, I took a break. Now I'm getting back to TJ Abs only, along with my Wii 'My Fitness Coach'. I really enjoy doing both. I can time it exactly how I want it.
    BOY The abs alone feel fantastic! I am excited to do them both again tomorrow!
  • KrazyKatie
    Options
    OH I forgot to ask...how do you calculate this on the exercise portion of your daily journal?
    I have no idea how to figure how many calories I've burned or the amount of reps etc we do on the part of the workout I do.
    Any help is appreciated!
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jammers!!

Happy Belated Birthday Lyn!! Hope you had a super awesome day!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome Katie! Turbo Jam is kick *kitten* .. at least I think it does!! hehe

I have been too busy this weekend for my Turbo Jam (boo), but have managed to fit in some walks and my usual wifely duties around home!! hahaha!:laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Take care everyone!!:bigsmile:

Becky
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Quick check in with Fat Blaster today...it was a Chalean Extreme day so I wasn't up for much more than that!

Hope everyone's have a great weekend, and Welcome Katie!!
    :heart:
  • megan0313
    Options
    OH I forgot to ask...how do you calculate this on the exercise portion of your daily journal?
    I have no idea how to figure how many calories I've burned or the amount of reps etc we do on the part of the workout I do.
    Any help is appreciated!

If you're not using a HRM, kick boxing or high intensity aerobics are pretty close on this site for the Turbo Jams. I don't usually do Ab Jam alone, I tack it on to the end of a TJ and record my total calories so I don't know how many calories it would burn by itself. Maybe someone else here has some info on that.
    :smile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies
    I feel like I haven't been on here in days....wait I don't think I have LOL
    Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day. My son and I ran/jogged/walked one mile for a fitness awareness thing the school district was doing Saturday morning. Then I went shopping. Ended up with 5 shirts....must go back out and find shorts and capris and hopefully a couple fun summery skirts...OH and sandals must get some sandals. Then we went out to dinner..Joe's Crab Shack. I had salmon :smile: We had about 10 friends and family join us. Then we went out to a bar that has dueling pianos. It was SO much fun. We sang along and danced and got rowdy....and drank WAY too much :sick: But it was so much fun. Nursed my slight hangover this morning but now I'm feeling great. I know tomorrow is going to hurt when I Jam...but I've gotta get back in the swing of things.

My goal on Aug 25th when I started this great new life was to lose 50 lbs by my birthday. I lost 45 and I am so happy with myself. While shopping yesterday I was able to get into large shirts and some size 12 pants (mostly 14s but thats good too) As of Monday I am going to re evaluate my goals. I would like to lose another 15 lbs. I know a lot of the fat I have left to lose is in my stomach area and could take some time.

Anyway I've been super busy this weekend and just thought I would drop in for a moment.
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Katie!!!

Kristy, glad to hear you are excited!

Janet, do you normally like vinegar? I'm afraid to try it just because I'm not a huge fan of vinegar:ohwell:

Hi, Megan!

Happy Belated Birthday, Lyn! Sounds like you had a great one:bigsmile: :bigsmile: That's awesome about the clothes...you have done such a great job!!!!:flowerforyou:

Hello to all!!!!

No TJ for me this weekend, but I did go for 2 jogs. Yes, you read that right:wink:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Just checking in before bed. I did hardcore fusion (FIRM) weights/cardio+20min TJ this morning. I;m glad I diid b/c the day got away wayyy to fast. I can't believe it's time to shut it down and get ready for another week. CP2 on for in the AM.

Drevans -Glad your birthday was wonderful and you had time to spend with family and friends!! Congrats on size 12's ~ that's great and i'm so proud of you. I am really proud of your losing 45 lbs by your bday ~ amazing accomplishment:drinker: :drinker:

Gottaluv-Don't be afraid of vinegar - try the Regina Red wine vinegar in the cool litte bottle ~ It's awesome on salads and a whole lot more~ did I mention I love food, LOL~~~

Megan - I looked at FB today, haven't touched that one in weeks for some reason, It's an exellent cardio w/o. Great job on staying consistent w/ Extreme. I'll be joining you soon:happy:

Hugs and encouragement to everyone starting or returning to TJ ~ It's never too late ....(fill in the blank)

Have a great evening everyone

Janet:heart:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Does anyone who does Turbo Jam use a heart rate monitor? I was just wondering how many calories you burn when doing Cardio Party?
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Morning ladies! Just wanted to check in. I've pulled something in my back so I've laid low on the working out. Hope all is well!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Checking in with 25 min. of L & B...wow. I've never sweated like this for a workout dvd. And I didn't get all confused like I sometimes do when there are a lot of moves.:noway:

I've been working out with walking, so I'm going to follow the beginner recommendations for this week. I'll challenge myself to increase the intensity :angry: after this week. :wink:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    New Week New Thread Follow Me .... PLEASE!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50902-turbo-jammers-4-27-5-3