MFP says "weight" in 5 weeks-has it ever happened?

Options
Hi, Has anyone been able to prove or hit the weight that MFP says you should be in 5 weeks?
I know I haven't and I'm not on track to do so. I just wondered if anyone has ever challenged it?

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Five weeks ago, MFP told me I would weigh 236 yesterday--I weighed in at 230. It totally can work!
  • bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    I think it only really does if you do the EXACT same thing every day
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That estimate is completely ridiculous. MFP has been telling me for 90 days that I would be 180lbs in 5 weeks. (I weigh 192)
  • megansmom311
    Options
    It's been pretty accurate for me, usually within a pound or two, depending on how consistent I am with meeting my daily calorie/exercise goal. :smile:
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Nope, not even close.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I always stay honest with my food/exercise logs. I am also a consistent eater, so a lot of my days reflect the previous. For me, that number is quite accurate. I feel a sense of accomplishment when it starts dropping before I've even lost the weight lol.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Never never never not even once for me!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Never never never not even once for me!
  • chelsieb27
    Options
    I think it depends on how accurate you are and how consistent. One day it told me I was going to weigh 136 and the next 144. Keep your head up and you will achieve whatever goal you have set for yourself.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    the disclaimer is this: IF EVERYDAY WERE LIKE TODAY.......

that could only happen if you ate and exercised exactly the same for the next 5 weeks....

but, it's a great motivator.

Some of my MFP friends & I were just musing that we're glad it doesn't tell you (on days when you didn't do so well....) that
    in 5 weeks, you'll have gained 5 pounds.....Hmmmmmm, maybe it should? Reality check upside the head........
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yep. I like to read diaries and saw that some people were recording their 5 week number, so I started doing it on weigh in days. Two Monday's ago, the first week I weighed 253 and it said I'd be 236 in 5 weeks... I thought no way, but I was 237! Pretty close. Last Monday, my first week weight was 250 and it said I'd be 237 in 5 weeks - I was 232! Basically, I don't take it too seriously... it's a fun motivator, but if I don't make it, that's okay too. It is based on the idea that you do the exact same thing everyday, so people who zigzag or take a lot of rest days or cheat days, get sick, respond to stress, etc. may see other results. It also seems like exercise calories have a bigger effect than calories eaten (don't know how true that is, it's just how it feels to me).
    Can't wait until tomorrow to see how close MFP was 5 weeks ago! :smile:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Nope, never happened for me.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I knew about the disclaimer. I was curious to know if someone did just that.. the same exact calories and exercise calories everyday to see if the "5 week" estimate would be correct.

I'm considering trying the challenge... I wish there was a group on here for that!

BTW.. if you eat far over your calories, YES it will tell you "if you ate like this everyday you will be 5 lbs heavier".. or whatever the case may be!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's been pretty accurate for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It depends how well dialed in your calorie target is and how consistent you are with hitting your target. Once I got all "dialed in", weight loss went pretty much like clockwork for me.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    The number it gives me as a 5 week prediction changes almost every day. I WISH I'd be 185 in 5 weeks but history tells me ... probably not.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    Nice job!
    Five weeks ago, MFP told me I would weigh 236 yesterday--I weighed in at 230. It totally can work!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    Awesome!!! Very nice job for everyone that it worked for! I really should challenge it for myself!!
    Yep. I like to read diaries and saw that some people were recording their 5 week number, so I started doing it on weigh in days. Two Monday's ago, the first week I weighed 253 and it said I'd be 236 in 5 weeks... I thought no way, but I was 237! Pretty close. Last Monday, my first week weight was 250 and it said I'd be 237 in 5 weeks - I was 232! Basically, I don't take it too seriously... it's a fun motivator, but if I don't make it, that's okay too. It is based on the idea that you do the exact same thing everyday, so people who zigzag or take a lot of rest days or cheat days, get sick, respond to stress, etc. may see other results. It also seems like exercise calories have a bigger effect than calories eaten (don't know how true that is, it's just how it feels to me).
    Can't wait until tomorrow to see how close MFP was 5 weeks ago! :smile:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was always about right on up until the last 10 lbs or so.
  • ddran143
    Options
    I just started last Monday, so looking at these comments its gives me so much motivation. Everyday I have been under my goal and reached my exercise goal for the week. My "5 week" weight said that I should be around 233 in 5 weeks! So Im hoping that in 10 weeks I will lose 15 Lbs.