How much do YOU workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    At the moment 4 times a week. In the summer it was more, but the short days mean no daylight hours to run.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I work out 4-6 days a week, but it is all cardio at this time. The trainer I had when I joined my gym suggested I focus on losing before toning. I last anywhere from 60-90 minutes each session. 1 hour minimum for me.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't really workout as such, but try to go swimming/cycling every day I don't have to go into the office and when I do go up to London for work, I walk between my stations to make up for the lack of gym time. At the weekends I've also been following a strength-training program one of the coaches at my gym put together for me. It's good fun, but doesn't float my boat, so to speak, but know that it's gotta be done :ohwell:
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I do 1-2 hours of cardio five days a week. I would love to get back into weights, but I have three bulging discs in my neck and weight training seems to aggravate that injury.
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do 60-75 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I usually do a spin class once, kickboxing class twice, run outside or do the elliptical and I do a short high intensity interval training workout on the step machine almost everyday. I also lift upper body twice and lower body twice a week in a circuit training style. I have been working up to this for the last 5 months. I started at 45-60 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week. I have injured myself doing too much, too fast, too soon so be wise about how much you add in a short period of time.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I work out 4-6 days a week, but it is all cardio at this time. The trainer I had when I joined my gym suggested I focus on losing before toning. I last anywhere from 60-90 minutes each session. 1 hour minimum for me.

Your trainer is mistaken.. You should be doing combo of cardio and weights. If not then you risk losing what muscle you have, and when you finish losing, your going to wind up with the skinny fat look.

Ditch the all cardio and do some weight lifting.. and I think you'll be surprised.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel like a schlub now, after having read all these amazing regimens! I just do the Jillian Michaels DVDs, which are 20-30 minutes long, most days. Usually five days a week. I also try to get a good 30 minute walk in every day, but I live in a very walkable area so that's easy to fold in to my schedule (for example, walk to work, walk to a friend's house, walk to get a cup of coffee, walk to rehearsal... I count it as exercise).
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45 mins of weights (supersets) 5 days a week. Different body part or two each day.

If I miss a day, or am feeling absolutely terrible (or up for 20+ hours), I'll take another day off, then double up a few days later. Up until last month I don't think I missed/skipped a workout since New Years. Being that I make it up the following day, or within that same week. I travel often as well. 2-3 days of the month at least.
  • robotaffliction
    Options
    I can only go to the gym/run outside 3 days a week, when my son is at pre-K (unless I have a sitter). I do toning workouts (mostly core) and yoga at home as well, and we bike a lot when it's nicer out (I used to bike year-round, but I don't like taking my son on the trail-a-bike when it's rainy or too cold because he doesn't have appropriate gear for it).

My goal now is to add my smaller home workouts 6 days a week until I *officially* start marathon training (I'm just "conditioning" now).
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i do cardio 6x a week. 3-4 days are heavier than others (60 mins vs about 45 ish). weight/strength training like 2-3x a week.
  • Juliamary4
    Options
    Does anyone know why you are given more calories when you have exercised? I thought the idea was to exercise and keep to the 1200 calories
  • robotaffliction
    Options

Your trainer is mistaken.. You should be doing combo of cardio and weights. If not then you risk losing what muscle you have, and when you finish losing, your going to wind up with the skinny fat look.

Ditch the all cardio and do some weight lifting.. and I think you'll be surprised.

An even better to strength train is to prevent injuries.
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    I tend to do bootcamp or strength and abs (high intensity for 1hr) on Monday's
    Tuesdays is strength and abs for 1hr,
    wed is turbo kick (like taebo on steroids) for an hour,
    thurs is dance fusion (hip hop dancing) or strength and abs or bootcamp for 1hr,
    fri is n/a as she has no classes offered when i am out of work.. i really should do a video,
    sat i do pilates 1hr or strength and abs with stability ball if im not working, sun off.

maybe i should do more.....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days/week, anywhere from 2-4 hours on average. It's usually split up between morning and evening. Occasionally I have to perform on Sunday, my typical rest day.

2-3 x week 45-60 min spin
    1-2 x week 2-hour road cycling 16-20 mph
    4-6 hours/week dance rehearsal and/or performance
    2-3 hours/week SUP (stand-up paddleboarding) on the lagoon, occasionally ocean
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week (sometimes I go overboard and do 7 but it's usually light activity) They usually last between 90 minutes to 3 hours
    Monday: Bikram Yoga, Belly Dancing
    Tuesday: Running, Weight Training, Vinyasa Flow Yoga
    Wednesday: Bikram Yoga, Circuit Training
    Thursday: Belly Dancing, Weight Training, Kundalini Yoga
    Friday: Running (HIIT), Vinyasa Flow yoga
    Saturday: Belly Dancing, Crunch Dance Series, Weight Training, Kundalini Yoga
    Sunday: Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Circuit Training
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting. I'm trying to get at least 90 minutes in every day, with an optional day off if I'm REALLY hurting, but I don't even want to take that day. I did this first week, though, Thanksgiving Day. I really want to increase my workouts to two or more hours every day, but slowly enough so I don't wind up with any injuries, I weigh too much right now, I think I should be careful. To my surprise, though, I'm already building up a little more endurance and strength.