C25K December

Options
Who wants to start this up next month? I started in November but knee issues have had me out until now.

Replies

• keyzzee
    Options
    Hi, Id love to give it a try, count me in x:happy:
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Im game.
    Is there a place that gives all the info to do?
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey what do you have to do for it?! <:-)
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! I technically started a couple of days ago but I'll start again on the 1st! :)
  • jgoodgame
    jgoodgame Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program

http://www.c25k.com/
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i might give it a try - where do we find out about it??
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    Hey I'll give it a go, i have the app on my phone but have never bothered with it but I am hearing good results :D x
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Excellent, just had a look - I think I am about at week five in terms of fitness as I can jog 10 mins in total. Or should I start at the beginning??
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Done it before but fell off the wagon. Ready for Dec 1 :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options

Excellent, just had a look - I think I am about at week five in terms of fitness as I can jog 10 mins in total. Or should I start at the beginning??

I am starting today on week 3!
    1420 Posts: 9
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive just done week one, so i'm keen.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Im ready to start again!!

will do my best to start this week but my baby is having skin graft surgery tomorrow!
  • britthughes06
    britthughes06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. Not sure that starting to run outside in Wisconsin in Decemeber is such a good idea, but what the heck, I'm going for it anyway! :) Good luck to all!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I've already completed my 1st 5K but I will join doing Pooch to 5K! I used to run with my dog until I was injured. I then didn't even take her for a walk so she got fat (she's about 13 pounds overweight)!! The vet put her on a diet and wants me to ease her back into running and gave me a website that has a 12-week training program to get her to running a 5K (which happens to also be linked on the www.c25k.com website!)so I'm in! I'll just be going a few weeks longer.
  • Mkristinek
    Options
    I was planning on starting this plan this week! I started back P90X (lean version this time since classic wasn't exactly what I was looking for) today, and I used to enjoy running, but got discouraged when I saw no progress in performance. I've heard a lot of great things about the C25K plan, and I want to give it a try. I've wanted to run a 5K for quite some time but could never run more than a mile without stopping! I'm totally in!

A question for those who have done this before...is 3 days a week really effective?
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did my first day on Saturday, but I thought that would still be in the December range. It was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be, considering how completely out of shape I am. I was going to do day 2 today, but I have no way of getting to the gym (I'm not a big fan of outdoor running) and got about 4 hours of sleep last night so I'm not feeling so peppy. But I did walk home today and plan on going to the gym tomorrow. I'm excited!
  • cagey22
    cagey22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I play?

I think this is probably just the kind of thing I need right now. I'll be ready on the 1st!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I started the program recently....I did a "trial" on a Friday. LOVED it and looked forward to Monday to start it. I do M,W, F. On the other days I am trying to stay very active with other activities... Butt Bible, kickboxing, jumping rope...and I still walk my dog every day minimum of 1 mile. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • Tricia82
    Options
    I am in I just started today and I think I am already addicted lol. I also go to the gym with a friend and she did her own version of it on the elliptical( she can't run on the treadmill from a knee injury) and she said it was great.