DVDS!

Options
Has anyone got any suggestions of good exercise tapes?
I have a 'Windsor Pilates' DVD which is just great, but variation would be nice
:)

Replies

• ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shred with jillian michaels. It's a 20 minute workout with 3 levels and I havn't tried it yet but I know a lot of people are raving about it.
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Ooooh, I like Jillian!
    I mean, I'd much rather watch some 'Nigella Bites'....but that is why I'm here in the first place :(
    haha
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've only heard great things about beachbody dvds. They're all pricey, but they all have great reviews and you can find something that you like. I'm not a coach so I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but I would check out their products and see if there's any that you like! I just started Insanity and it's just a lot of cardio. P90X seems to be a lot of strength, and then there are ones that have a lot of dancing (I can't dance, so they're not for me, but it could be fun for some!)
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    lol. aren't we all! I know I love food. I am planning on trying out the dvd once I get most of my stuff (including this terrible paper) for finals completed. So probably wed night I will start it. It was only 10 bucks at walmart so I couldn't pass it up. It's not too intense like p90x but enough to make a difference. Apparently you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days
  • springfield5780
    Options
    I have netflix streaming and it updated tonight and when it came back on it has workout videos now!!!!! I am SOOOO excited! There are several to choose from. I know this may not be exactly what you were looking for but subscribing to netflix for a month is cheaper than 1 DVD :) and most of the time they offer a free month trial!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can view a clip of all these workouts on Collagevideo.com

Tae Bo

Supreme 90 Day 10 dvds for $19.99. You can buy them at Walgreens, The Dollar General Store, Bed Bath and Beyond (I think they have it for $9.99 now, at least that's how much I have seen them cost at the store yesterday.), Target, etc.

Chris Freytag has some good workouts
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Thanks heaps :)
    Price is not an obstacle.
    I used to spend so much money on junk food, so I'm more than happy to substitute my junk funds for a workout dvd fund
  • JarrodFit4Life
    Options
    I'm a fan of BeachBody workouts. I have completed P90X, I'm starting week 6 of Insanity tomorrow, and I plan on starting P90X2 as soon as it is available. If you are looking to get your *kitten* kicked on a daily basis (but get in the best shape possible at the same time) then check out beachbody's website and find something for you. I've heard from other women that the Chalean DVDs suit them perfectly as well.

As said before, I'm not a beachbody coach so I'm also not trying to sell you anything. Just a supporter of their product after puting the claims to the test.

Also, if you can afford it I would recommend using Shakeology. Its on the expensive side but I ordered it as a trial run for the first 30 days and have been Auto-Ship ever since.

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Insanity, Asylum, Rushfit, just to name a few
  • AZackery
    Options
    Thanks heaps :)
    Price is not an obstacle.
    I used to spend so much money on junk food, so I'm more than happy to substitute my junk funds for a workout dvd fund

I own over 200 workouts.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is good. I also really like Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T - decent workout and easy on the eyes lol
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just got turbo fire and have been enjoying it so far!
  • drewbobsmom
    drewbobsmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 6 weeks abs! It's a workout and a half!!!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    babump
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michael's, if you want a challenge it's a good one. After I get my self in the weight range I wanna be, I wanna get P90x. I am also looking at some Tae Bo, I've always wanted to kickbox, heard it releases a lot of stress and frustration lol.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michael's, if you want a challenge it's a good one. After I get my self in the weight range I wanna be, I wanna get P90x. I am also looking at some Tae Bo, I've always wanted to kickbox, heard it releases a lot of stress and frustration lol.

I love Tae Bo. It's my number one workout. I can't wait to get my order of PT 24/7.
  • alisharedden
    Options
    S.W.A.T. Workout! I love it.
  • AZackery
    Options
    S.W.A.T. Workout! I love it.

I own these,but haven't worked out to them yet.
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people on here, I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels. Looking for the next best thing so I'll be keeping track of this thread with interest.
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    As am I! I think I know what's going on my Christmas/ birthday wishlist!!!!