Hungry Girl chicken cordon bleu

Options
musicmom04
musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
I made this last night for my family and we all loved it!!!

4160chickencordonbleu2_lrg2.jpg

Rhapsody in Bleu
Warm chicken wrapped around melted cheese and juicy ham that won't break the calorie bank!? Sign us up...

Ingredients:
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
1 oz. (about 3 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices
salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can, carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu (entire recipe)
Calories: 222
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 692mg
Carbs: 2g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 40g

POINTS� value 5*

Replies

• musicmom04
    Options
    I made this last night for my family and we all loved it!!!

4160chickencordonbleu2_lrg2.jpg

Rhapsody in Bleu
    Warm chicken wrapped around melted cheese and juicy ham that won't break the calorie bank!? Sign us up...

Ingredients:
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
    1 oz. (about 3 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices
    salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can, carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu (entire recipe)
    Calories: 222
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 692mg
    Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 40g

POINTS� value 5*
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    MMmmm! Sounds delish! Thanks :smile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I will be making this for myself while my husband and daughters are out of town.
    Thanks!

:flowerforyou:
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I printed that recipe off too since I had all the ingredients already but I haven't tried it yet. think I'll go for it this weekend. thanks for sharing!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    yum- thanks!
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Aren't those laughing cow wedges the best? I think they like 45 calories...and you put them on crackers, spread on celery, nibble on by themselves, and they come in French Onion, Garlic and Swiss I think.

Now another use!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    correction..... 35 cals!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a garlic and herb one for snacky time!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    i LOVE laughing cow, too. i've been putting it in mashed potatoes, and my dh loves it on english muffins. i even mixed a wedge with my tuna the other day instead of mayo. it was soooo good!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    May I make a suggestion please? :smile:

In lieu of toothpicks, place each roll into a muffin tin so you don't have to worry about them unrolling on you. :smile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    May I make a suggestion please? :smile:

In lieu of toothpicks, place each roll into a muffin tin so you don't have to worry about them unrolling on you. :smile:
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    I'm all out of toothpicks.

• musicmom04
    Options
    i didn't use them either...i just tucked the end under, and it stayed by itself
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    These are in the oven baking right now! :happy:
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that these were a hit with everyone! :smile: So tasty! Careful--it could be easy to overindulge!

Also, I'm not a big swiss cheese fan, but I figured I'd follow the recipe as is, and I'm happy that I did. REALLY good! :tongue: sluuuurp!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    this sounds yummy, going to have to make it!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Making this for dinner with some butter & garlic rice.. can't wait!

• lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I made these for dinner last night as well. However after I rolled them up, I dipped them in egg whites and lightly rolled them in seasoned bread crumbs before I baked them. My husband LOVED them....he actually said this is his favorite meal that I have made him! :laugh: I also served it with spinach which complimented the dish well.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I made these for dinner last night as well. However after I rolled them up, I dipped them in egg whites and lightly rolled them in seasoned bread crumbs before I baked them. My husband LOVED them....he actually said this is his favorite meal that I have made him! :laugh: I also served it with spinach which complimented the dish well.
    I tried this last week and eh... it was missing something. I will try it your way next time I decide to make this again. Thanks!
  • MissLissa
    MissLissa Posts: 43
    Options
    This sounds really good! Gonna try it!
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    This is dinner tomorrow just need to get some laughing cow!!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    BUMP :heart: