T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay I am here....

I just needed a breather..

This is such an awesome team and you guys are really a great support system.. I almost let one person's comments get me down, but after a deep breath and a few really supportive messages I am going to stick with it.. I just keep saying to myself, I'm to old for drama :drinker: :wink: ... So onto better things and positive people which you guys are all...

Sheila, the pics are amazing.. I really wish I had a before and during.. Well I can take a during but the before I didn't... I am still a lil camera shy..

LI4G - Thanks for the support..

Lulu - Your message was great and thats why I am here...

Kristi- Your my girl......

Indianagranny - Your recent post says it all....

Chanty - Congrats on school... I'm glad your back....

Now, I am going to weigh in here every Friday even if I fall off the plan.. And I did fall off the plan and that was the first time.. I can't handle stress very well... But things are looking up..

My husband is going back to work for Prevailing wage May 12th.. Yeah.. To top that off the company he is working for wants him to stay on as Project Manager and run all the jobs.. They will not pay him what he needs to make so he decided he would go back to the company he's been working for every season for the last 9 years.. Then to top that off, he got an email from the Company he works for in the winters and they want him in Laredo, Texas to run a a job for 6 weeks.. He declined... Thank goodness. The last Texas adventure was too much and I joined this site shortly after he came home..

Pretty much, I just need you guys.. Your my Team...

Anita
  • indianagranny
    Options
    So glad you are back Anita. I fell, off the plan too Saturday night but after searching, I knew I want back on. I couldn't handle the stress of a lot of things and bit the dust. I will get better with too much stress though. I had been just exercising it out. - but wow I was working a spaghetti benefit supper Saturday night and love garlic bread well - had to have spaghetti too and dessert also.

So happy to hear about your husband - what does he do if I may ask? My son - in - law works going out and finding gas lines and he was once a Project Manager. He is at home right now but he has been working in either Arkansas or Alabama.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    swignal nice pics!!

Wow everyone's up early today even LI4G!! We had 3 wiggly boys come in bed with us at 6, so we've been up awhile. Hubby took them out to the soccer field/playground, and I watched some tv (got thru a whole show without having to pause it ONCE) and then went to the gym. Did elliptical for 30 mins, and did some weights. My ankle is feeling GREAT and doesn's hurt at all when I walk, but it does twinge so I know it's still there. Going to try a different elliptical tomorrow and shake it up some.

The house is quiet, I hardly know what to do with myself! They should be home soon and then hubby will go to the gym. After me getting upset yesterday when he didn't go with us, and he hasn't been for weeks, he got off his bum and went, and seems to be back with the program. I am going to schedule it in his PDA since he says he lives by his calendar - so I'm adding the gym!!! He did fit into his smaller jeans today, so that's good, he is losing some weight with just the food changes I've made.

We're in trouble the rest of the week with food, we're down to the kids' high carb high fat foods, no meat! I screwed up on the meal plan - long month! So we'll be eating some pretty light dinners while the kids have mac n cheese and spaghetti, no way am I eating that stuff and having to work it back off! I bought a couple bags of chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts and didn't realize there was so much less chicken in there... next time I'll stick with Costco chicken!

Glad to see chanty, indianagranny, nitag, lulu, etc ya'll back. luv u guys!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So glad you are back Anita. I fell, off the plan too Saturday night but after searching, I knew I want back on. I couldn't handle the stress of a lot of things and bit the dust. I will get better with too much stress though. I had been just exercising it out. - but wow I was working a spaghetti benefit supper Saturday night and love garlic bread well - had to have spaghetti too and dessert also.

So happy to hear about your husband - what does he do if I may ask? My son - in - law works going out and finding gas lines and he was once a Project Manager. He is at home right now but he has been working in either Arkansas or Alabama.

He is a Foreman/Gradesetter - It's great money but seasonal and that is what stinks.. He usually only works about 6 months in a year and makes a 6 figure income however the last few years (since we made the decision to buy a house) he has had to work winters and that has required him to work away from home.. Texas was rough (we are in Nevada) I flew out there and stayed with him for 3 weeks but it stunck being away from home... I don't know if I could do it again.. :ohwell:

We are going to Reno and I packed some healthy snacks.. I was just reading about KFC grilled chicken.. :happy: I might have to try that.. Since I know once we get to my moms there will only be unhealthy choices I have to have a plan of attack.. Lots of water, carrots and some protein... They want me to lose weight but then all she has is chips and dips :grumble: :grumble:

One thing that made me decide to lose weight: When we were in Texas the husband and I were fighting all the time - it summed up to me not being secure and overweight (fat).. Then to top it off when I got home my mom sat me down and said Listen you have let yourself go it's time to get that weight off and be Anita again!! I cried and cried!!! That next day I was here!!! I feel so much better... It's just not coming off quick enough!!! I just need to not stress eat. Ugg, it makes me feel horrible... And no more Pizza!!!!!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Kristi - Yeah, finals were not very fun, but they are over yay! I have been doing pretty good, it feels so weird not having to worry about how many days until a paper is due or w.e! It is nice not having to. How's life for you?

Li4g - Hello there darlin' :smile: Thanks I have missed you too! Oh yes still kicking:smile: We are going on a big hike today with some friends, so it will be fun! Good to be back :smile: Oh I just love your little chocolate milk cow...you and your freaking chocolate milk addiction:laugh:

Sheila - Thanks, hope all is well with you! Time flies, you will be at it in no time:wink:

Indiana - Yeah, I need to spend more time on the computer:laugh: jk! Thanks!

Anita - Thanks. Work sounds not so great down south, good luck to your husband!

Adopt - Your little boy is so freaking cute!!! Nice to see you too!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Now this is more like it!! Everyone back in the game and in much better spirits!!

Nitag- Im SOOOOOOOOO happy you are still with us! And you are welcome for the support :wink: I also know about the insecurity issues with the weight. I am a much much happier person these days even losing what Ive already lost. Its made such a big difference on my outlook!

Chanty- I made hubby some of those portabella pita sammies for lunch one day and he REALLY liked them. We've had them twice in the past week since he's been home :laugh: I may need a dancing mushroom to go with my dancing chocolate cow :laugh:

Indianagranny- The american heart association says that a healthy level of sodium is 2400mg per day. MFP says 2500. Either way, I have my days were I am 1000mg over and other days where I am right on target and it seems the days I am right on target are when Im not eating back my exercise calories. LOL The more food I eat, the more the sodium climbs. BUT, I have found that there are alot of great ways to get that water OFF. First... Drink, drink, drink your water! If you dont already have one, go hit the store and buy yourself a good, solid 1 Liter (32oz) refillable water bottle and drink at LEAST 2 of those a day. Get in the habit of carrying it with you, EVERYWHERE you go and refill it as soon as its empty and before you know it you'll be getting the minimum amount of water in that you should drink each day. If you dont like the plain taste, use a squeeze of lemon, cranberry, orange or something in it. That works for me when I get bored with drinking it plain. Your not making juice, just giving a hint of flavor. Foods like salt and sugar cause the body to retain considerable fluids and inadequate protein in the diet can lead to fluid retention. When the body does not get enough amino acids or B-vitamins, it may accumulate excess fluids. Natural foods with high water content such as watermelons and cucumbers help increase urination and better flushing out of toxins. Cucumbers are rich in sulfur and silicon that stimulate the kidneys into better removal of uric acid. Watercress and artichokes are also natural diuretic foods. Asparagus contains asparigine - a chemical alkaloid that boosts kidney performance, thereby improving waste removal from the body. Brussel Spouts help in stimulating the kidneys and pancreas. This helps in better cleansing of cells. Beets are natural diuretic foods that attack floating body fats and fatty deposits. Oats contain silica - a natural diuretic. Cabbage is known to aid breakdown of fatty deposits, especially around the abdominal region. Carrots are a rich source of carotene that speeds the metabolic rate of the body and hastens removal of fat deposits and waste. Lettuce aids better metabolism and flushing of toxins. Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C that aid the metabolism and release of water from the kidney to flush out waste. Other than the other excellent properties that Garlic possesses, it is a natural diuretic food that aids breakage of fat. Horseradish, raw onions and radish speed up your metabolism. SO, as you can see...there are ALOT of ways to get rid of that stubborn water weight gain. Also, how tall are you? cuz we are about the same weightwise and size wise (cept for the bra size... I can only wish in that department..LOL)

Adopt4- Come over! I have a roast for you and some bacon. Can make some BLT's or something with that if you have other stuff :wink: Might have some other stuff in the deep freezer.. I havent gotten around to looking yet. How are you on cereal and stuff? Ive got about 6 boxes of stuff in my stockpile from kid to adult if you need it. I went shopping at albertons this morning and spent $34 on groceries... saved $44 using coupons and my club card.. LOL Those are the kind of trips I love! I'll be home all day till about 6, then I gotta go to winco and finish off my grocery shopping.

Kristi- Im still in awe over your new pic....you look SO much younger and healthier!!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team, You will be so darn proud of me... Today I walked 5 miles through the park on the path it goes up and down hill... and I made it all the way around.. but my leg started cramping towards the end.. but I did it.. with my sister pulling me lol and my 8yr old walked with me and didnt give up!!! but my older daughter only made it halfway and had to rest then she meet us back at the car... her and my niece... so when I caculated the it dont show me how to put up and down hills...

well I have to go to cook some hambergers on the grill for my family... not sure what I am going to eat.. I havent ate red meat in so long... I just might eat the burger??? talk to you guys later.. Hope your Sunday is going great...

sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Adopt4- Come over! I have a roast for you and some bacon. Can make some BLT's or something with that if you have other stuff :wink: Might have some other stuff in the deep freezer.. I havent gotten around to looking yet. How are you on cereal and stuff? Ive got about 6 boxes of stuff in my stockpile from kid to adult if you need it. I went shopping at albertons this morning and spent $34 on groceries... saved $44 using coupons and my club card.. LOL Those are the kind of trips I love! I'll be home all day till about 6, then I gotta go to winco and finish off my grocery shopping.

Kristi- Im still in awe over your new pic....you look SO much younger and healthier!!!

Hi everyone. Got up late this am and didn't have time to post before church. Interesting random thing happened at church today. An older gentleman asked me if I would wait around a few minutes after, because he and his wife had a gift for me. (I teach the adult scripture study class and he always makes kind comments) So, I go find them at their car, and he hands me a hugh box of strawberries! They are wonderful. And there are about 4 lbs! So, I would like to come over for roast and bacon, for which I will swap strawberries. :laugh: Nice surprise!

Nita, I echo what Li4g said. and, how about bringing the new thread folks in? Or, do you want to keep up both?

Chanty - DANG GOOD to have you back! Congrats on getting through another semester! I hate when my student interns leave this time of year. I love working with them! I have one right now that I am going to miss like I can't believe. She has become just like a little sister to me.

Lisa, hey, you sound a little discouraged - cut that out! You know, one thing I learned from this past few weeks - first being on the plateau and then gaining weight back - the worst thing I did was beat myself up. When I did that, it somehow made it so much easier to turn to my old eating habits for comfort. Its a weird, twisted cycle I create for myself. Make a couple of mistakes - then beat myself up over it - then go to the wrong kinds of food, in the wrong amounts at the wrong times for comfort! Gargle, rince repeat. How much easier to just own the first mistake and make the course correction right there. So, I am practicing saying, "That's not like me." when I start to feel like I am going off track. And, a question about the scale. How the heck does it measure hydration? That seems a little invasive.....? :happy:

Everyone else - hang in there! Love you guys!

Oh, and LI4G - Thanks! I feel younger and healthier, too! :happy:

:heart: :glasses:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hey Team, You will be so darn proud of me... Today I walked 5 miles through the park on the path it goes up and down hill... and I made it all the way around.. but my leg started cramping towards the end.. but I did it.. with my sister pulling me lol and my 8yr old walked with me and didnt give up!!! but my older daughter only made it halfway and had to rest then she meet us back at the car... her and my niece... so when I caculated the it dont show me how to put up and down hills...

well I have to go to cook some hambergers on the grill for my family... not sure what I am going to eat.. I havent ate red meat in so long... I just might eat the burger??? talk to you guys later.. Hope your Sunday is going great...

sheila

WOW!! Walking 5 miles is a great milestone! I think its happy dance time for you! LaurelandHardy-1.gif
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Looks like today is a new day! :flowerforyou: It is my "rest day". I rarely take them, but with the P90X thing and some double workouts, my body really needs it today.

It is sooo nice not having any junk food in the house, because no matter what I decide to eat - it is good for me! I also found a favorite bowl that I like to eat out of that limits my portions. (I am a weirdo that doesn't mind mixing her meat and veggies and brown rice into one mess:smile: .)

We have decent weather today so hubby is going to BBQ turkey burgers and I bought whole wheat buns. Yum!

Sheila, you should get ground turkey for yourself next time. I don't know if you like spicy, but if you do, add some chili powder and a little cayenne pepper, some chopped onions and a LITTLE bit of breadcrumbs. If you DO like spicy, you can even add a dash of Tabasco. It's really good on the grill! I've also used eggwhites in it if the meat doesn't hold together. That way you still get something on the grill when everyone else does! :wink:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Looks like today is a new day! :flowerforyou: It is my "rest day". I rarely take them, but with the P90X thing and some double workouts, my body really needs it today.

It is sooo nice not having any junk food in the house, because no matter what I decide to eat - it is good for me! I also found a favorite bowl that I like to eat out of that limits my portions. (I am a weirdo that doesn't mind mixing her meat and veggies and brown rice into one mess:smile: .)

We have decent weather today so hubby is going to BBQ turkey burgers and I bought whole wheat buns. Yum!

Sheila, you should get ground turkey for yourself next time. I don't know if you like spicy, but if you do, add some chili powder and a little cayenne pepper, some chopped onions and a LITTLE bit of breadcrumbs. If you DO like spicy, you can even add a dash of Tabasco. It's really good on the grill! I've also used eggwhites in it if the meat doesn't hold together. That way you still get something on the grill when everyone else does! :wink:

Get_fit, how goes it? You made me think of those great chicken sausage things at Costco. There are several flavors, one of my favorites is a spicy basil tomato. They are kind of brats sized. When I have grill food, I like to wrap it in lettuce, since I am trying to have my complex carbs mostly in the morning. If you don't have a Costco, maybe the local butcher has something like that. Anyway, I am now hungry and am going to find something good to eat.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Sheila.... if you have the calories for it, go for the burger! A little red meat wont hurt ya. You could also eat the burger without the bun to save the biggest part of the burger calories. I do that when I want a burger but dont want all the carbs in the bun. Sometimes we just do them without buns anyway just for a little meat. Goes great with salad and veggies.

Kristi- WOW.. berries.. yum yum! I'll trade you some bacon for berries ANYDAY! LOL Ive got so much stuff in my freezer its insane. I coupon shop and stockpile things when they go on sale, so currently I have about 5 packages of bacon thats been in there since I started this plan. Havent had bacon since.. LOL at least not the real stuff.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

LOL That has been my saving grace for a while now. On the flip side tho, we were out of everything from ketchup to laundry soap. I still havent caught up on laundry since Ive been home. Just been too busy doin other stuff and then realized... no soap!

OMG.... I was just surfing the TV to see if there was anything worth watching and came across "ALF" LOL Too funny!!! I loved this show as a kid!
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Wow, my folks come to town for a weekend and I miss the most drama I've had in my life for years! I'm sorry everyone is upset about people not weighing in, or whatever is going on. I, personally, decided not to weigh in this week for my own reasons. I don't feel I should have to defend my decision to anyone, and if that makes me not a "team" player, then I am sorry. I don't feel that's the case. I count on all of you for motivation, and even inspiration on a daily basis to know that I'm doing the right thing, and knowing that other people are having the same struggles makes me realize that I'm not the only one, and I can make a positive change. I hope that the people who are frustrated and decided to leave will come back, but if they do not, it's not going to change my perspective or my feelings at all. Right now I'm a little irked to be made to feel like a child being scolded, which is not cool at all. Thank you for those who are a big support, and wonderful people!

And that, in a nut shell, is my two cents! :wink:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Wow, my folks come to town for a weekend and I miss the most drama I've had in my life for years! I'm sorry everyone is upset about people not weighing in, or whatever is going on. I, personally, decided not to weigh in this week for my own reasons. I don't feel I should have to defend my decision to anyone, and if that makes me not a "team" player, then I am sorry. I don't feel that's the case. I count on all of you for motivation, and even inspiration on a daily basis to know that I'm doing the right thing, and knowing that other people are having the same struggles makes me realize that I'm not the only one, and I can make a positive change. I hope that the people who are frustrated and decided to leave will come back, but if they do not, it's not going to change my perspective or my feelings at all. Right now I'm a little irked to be made to feel like a child being scolded, which is not cool at all. Thank you for those who are a big support, and wonderful people!

And that, in a nut shell, is my two cents! :wink:

How did you get all that in a nutshell? :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

However, thanks for sharing. Nicely done! How are you doing, anyway? Good to have you back to drama central.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    OMG.... I was just surfing the TV to see if there was anything worth watching and came across "ALF" LOL Too funny!!! I loved this show as a kid!

A ha ha ha ha! I haven't thought of that show in YEARS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oooh, gotta go, hubby says din-din is ready! :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Get_fit, how goes it? You made me think of those great chicken sausage things at Costco. There are several flavors, one of my favorites is a spicy basil tomato. They are kind of brats sized. When I have grill food, I like to wrap it in lettuce, since I am trying to have my complex carbs mostly in the morning. If you don't have a Costco, maybe the local butcher has something like that. Anyway, I am now hungry and am going to find something good to eat.

It goes good! By the way, your new look? Love it! I do have Costco and I might run in there one weekday. I avoid it like the plague on weekends. I don't really care for crowds, and it seems like lately everyone is in a bad mood when I go shopping.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is typical of me...I don't know if I'm in the right group! I joined a group this morning, but I'm not sure if this is the same one. (I have no sense of direction.)
    But when I returned to the original page, I found this link directing me here...

Anyway.
    I've read through most of the posts here, and what I've noticed is that you are an amazing group of women/men. Whatever your goals, whether it's to lose a lot or just a little, I see that you're all here to motivate each other, and you genuinely care. If emotions run high at times, I think it's because it's difficult to learn to live a whole new way. It's easy to get discouraged, or even angry.
    (Yesterday I hurt my foot when I kicked my bathroom scale...)
    So am I in the right group?
    I have about 25 pounds to lose. For me, that's a lot because I'm short (barely 5'1") and very small-boned. On top of that, I have fibromyalgia, so my ability to exercise is very limited. I no longer have a "paunch" - I have a genuine big blubber belly...

Better not get too long-winded here.
    If I'm in the wrong group, please just say so...and I apologize.
    But if I'm in the right group, it's a privilege to meet all of you...

(And my late weigh-in...Last week I lost .5 pounds. Not good enough, but I'll just try harder. I now weigh 135.4...)

Oh...and an afterthought. I learned today NOT to go to a Chinese buffet, even if you show great self-discipline and eat very tiny portions. Why? Because it takes FOREVER to look up the different foods...and figure out the portion size.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Get_fit Thanks! I agree with you on Costco on weekends. MURDER! BUt, sometimes, right after they open during the week is not a bad time.

Also, I wanted to share my latest cooking exploit. I have been really wanting some pasta. So, last time I tried miracle noodles with carbonara, it was a bomb. Ickky looking and not great tasting. So, today I decided I wanted some shrimp artichoke tomato sauce over pasta. I decided to give the miracle noodles another shot. This one was a hit.

A single serving consisted of the following:
    1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
    1 large clove of garlic, scored
    1/2 cup of tomato sauce (tomatos I grew last summer - froze the sauce for later use and this is later)
    1 cup precooked shrimp
    3 pieces of canned artichoke heart, cut up
    .4 ounces of fresh parmesan cheese (I intended to use half an ounce, but thats what I got, so that's it)
    one package (6 ounces) of miracle noodles.

heat olive oil in med hot pan, when hot, add garlic clove. turn frequently until browned, remove
    reduce heat to simmer add tomato sauce.- heat. While the sauce is heating, heat the shrimp and artichokes for about 30 seconds in microwave. If your microwave is quite powerful, don't use high heat. RInse the miracle noodles well under hot water. Rinse WELL. This is hard to do, maybe let them sit or pat them with a paper towel. I never get them dry enough. Mix noodles, shrimp and artichokes in a bowl. Add sauce on top. Grate the parmesan cheese. ENJOY!

The entire thing was only 271 calories. If you substitute the same amount of pasta for miracle noodles, the calorie count increases by 600! You could use any combination of meat and veggies you like. Adjust the calories accordingly.

Also, I found a new website for calorie conversions. http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm
    I lkie this website because you know how sometimes you have a cup but you need to know how many grams or something? So, this website allows you to make weight to volumn conversions. You need to enter your food by type, then the amount and the type of conversion you want to make. Its cool!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    This is typical of me...I don't know if I'm in the right group! I joined a group this morning, but I'm not sure if this is the same one. (I have no sense of direction.)
    But when I returned to the original page, I found this link directing me here...

Anyway.
    I've read through most of the posts here, and what I've noticed is that you are an amazing group of women/men. Whatever your goals, whether it's to lose a lot or just a little, I see that you're all here to motivate each other, and you genuinely care. If emotions run high at times, I think it's because it's difficult to learn to live a whole new way. It's easy to get discouraged, or even angry.
    (Yesterday I hurt my foot when I kicked my bathroom scale...)
    So am I in the right group?
    I have about 25 pounds to lose. For me, that's a lot because I'm short (barely 5'1") and very small-boned. On top of that, I have fibromyalgia, so my ability to exercise is very limited. I no longer have a "paunch" - I have a genuine big blubber belly...

Better not get too long-winded here.
    If I'm in the wrong group, please just say so...and I apologize.
    But if I'm in the right group, it's a privilege to meet all of you...

(And my late weigh-in...Last week I lost .5 pounds. Not good enough, but I'll just try harder. I now weigh 135.4...)

Oh...and an afterthought. I learned today NOT to go to a Chinese buffet, even if you show great self-discipline and eat very tiny portions. Why? Because it takes FOREVER to look up the different foods...and figure out the portion size.

Cyndeebee, you are at the right place! Welcome! go ahead and get long winded. Its good to have you with us. Good job on the weight loss. You are on the right track. Welcome to THE Team!

lulubar - SW205/GW145/CW189 -no change
    stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 435 - lost two pounds
    Swignal- SW 317 / GW 150 / CW 292 / 5 more pounds LOST yippie
    healthymom: SW/GW/CW 208/150/189 no loss this week
    Tayner- lost 2lbs
    Losingit4good- SW 214 / GW 160 / CW 210 lost 4 pounds
    Morgolis - SW341 / GW 240 / CW 329 - Lost 6 lbs.
    Cyndeebee - lost .5 lbs