Losing weight for appearance, not health.

Options
I'm not losing weight for my health, I am generally healthy and my weight does not cause me any issues.

I wondered how many other people are also losing weight just to look and feel better?

You know.. those of us aiming to look sexy, and stop being just... normal.?

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm doing the same. I'm no longer overweight and I'm just looking to tone up - if that's even possible after 4 kids!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    i am very healthy for my weight as well... blood pressure is right on point. cholesterol is just fine. i rarely ever get sick. nails/hair/skin are very healthy looking lol... so YES, i am very much losing weight for that bikin that i want to fit! lol... although i am very healthy, i do indeed workout for my heart so it can stay strong for years to come but most def for appearance as well!!! =)
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That would be me. At first, I was losing for my health, but I'm in the healthy range now. I'm still not where I want to be tho. I want to look good in a bathing suit next summer ya know? I gots me some work to do!!
  • Faybelline88
    Options
    Oh thank god!

Yes, I am. I am a healthy weight, but the upper end of healthy....I totally get not wanting to just be 'normal' - I wanna be hot!

Glad there's someone out there who doesn't go on about macronutrients :-) Being healthy is great but I'm not reallllly here for that.

Trynna get my holiday weight off and tone up a bit...bit squidgy round the edges :-) Will be having a day off for Christmas though!
  • KittMahan
    Options
    [Raises her hand quietly...]
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I did it for both, but now that I'm not obese and not diabetic any longer, I do it soley for physical appearance.
  • I think everyone at heart is aiming for this, too. Even if your main concern is for health, its still always going to be in the back of your mind that "If I lose weight, I will be skinnier and sexier." I feel like its just human nature.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I am for the physical appearance aspect too :) Although, I've been powerlifting for years, I never had the know-how to lose fat even though I lifted weights 3-4 times a week at 2.5 hours a session! Now that I know how to lose fat and look great on top of being strong, you bet I'm doing it to look Hot!!!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight so it's never been about health for me. But it's not only for the looks! I want to be fit, I want to be strong, I want to see how far I can go!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am fit and healthy, and want to look good in skinny jeans/ bikinis, for a little longer.........It's a feel good thing!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, totally.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for both reasons.....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have more determination when I'm going for a non-appearance-based goal. I'm happy with how I look. The things I would change aren't going to change with weight loss or gain. Looking better is a nice bonus, but... I want to win a trophy running. I'm not saying that's any more or less superficial than any other goal. It's just what motivates me.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with losing weight for appearance sake, as long as you are doing it for yourself!!! I am losing weight for my health and to look better.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm only doing this because I feel bad about myself, so yes. I want to feel better and to look better and to feel, as you put it, sexy. I'm not very confident in my body but I'm feeling better now that I've lost some weight :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My health not so much. My bloop pressure is fine, celestial fine and somewhat fit. But I hated how I looked. Still not the biggest fan. But I'm getting there.

I also want to be a faster runner. I'll never be fast but I'm described as someone who looks like they're running on one spot!
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm described as someone who looks like they're running on one spot!

^This made me laugh out loud for real!

One of my best girlfriends in high school told me that while we were running down the hall at school.. That just brought back memories LOL!
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Whatever is the motivation....go with it. Both looks and health will benefit. I'm not sure of the percentages, but it's pretty close to 50/50 look good vs. health benefits for me. I have some issues that run in the family that I really want to get a handle on if I can but I want to look sexy as hell too : ) Since I've taken more pictures of myself lately, I guess I have had some success ; )
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I guess a little of both--but, really, for appearance mostly. I want to look fabulous!! And feel great. I was healthy overweight, but likely am healthier at this weight.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Agreed... :tongue: