Are you in danger?

Options
Are you in danger of burning out? Getting injured? Or just quitting? I have been there. Here are a few tips that I have found helpful for me.

Take a break, some people need a day some need more listen to your body. I was pushing myself at the gym and working through the pain/soreness/stiffness, call it what you want. Your body sometimes just needs to stop so it can heal and recharge. This past weekend I took two days off, my quads were so sore I could hardly walk, I still ate the correct foods, and bam I feel better and am looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Change your environment, lets face it going to the gym multiple times a week can just get boring. Skip the gym and go out side for a walk, do some exercises at home, go to the zoo, or just shake it up. I found walking trails near my home to be a better burn then the treadmill at the gym, as well as refreshing for my mind. I got a small stool, and did some step ups for a hour a great burn, and I didn't have to leave the house which saved some time in my day. Bigger steps, I use my picnic table in the back yard stepping knee high is a great work out even for the very fit.

Don't deprive your self, its not a diet, its a life style change. If your just on a diet your in danger of gaining all your weight back and more. Allow yourself a treat, I like to have a sweet treat every night. You can eat almost any thing in moderation, even the value meal from your local fast food shop (just realize your going to have to work your butt off to eat for the remainder of the day or you will likely go over your calorie allowance for the day. Pizza I love it, I found that I can make my own it taste better then the stuff you can buy frozen, or order in, its less expensive, lower in sodium and I can control what I put in it which allows me to control the calories fat and sodium. If you want a cocktail plan it into your day, just beware snacking often comes with drinking so pre-plan some popcorn or other low cal snack that will fill your needs. Pre-plan your day, you can balance your calories to allow you to treat yourself, keep you full through out the day, and even keep your macro's in check, this has been a huge help for me as I love to snack on salty carbs. If you have a weakness admit it to your self, if you cant control it avoid it, I don't have chips for this reason who can eat 18 and stop.

Well just my opinions and some tools that I use to help me, I hope you can use some of them and meet your goals. We have survived holidays, and more are coming so do what you have to, so you don't fall off the wagon, and give up.

Remember its not a sprint it is a marathon,
Jake

Replies