CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Here we go! :tongue:

:huh: Ruh roh, what did I start? I didn't mean to. LOL
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Off topic, but Tam are you eating hummus in that pic?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

:huh: Ruh roh, what did I start? I didn't mean to. LOL
    You didn't start anything. Just those darn thread hijackers!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Why yes.........yes I am! Roasted Red Pepper! :love: :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Why yes.........yes I am! Roasted Red Pepper! :love: :laugh:

:heart: hummus
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    :grumble: I've really been at a standstill with my weight loss lately. I try to eat a fairly balanced diet with my carbs/protein/fats all within limits. I drink copious amonts of water, well over 100 fl oz daily (nothing else). I keep my calories at or around 1200 and I burn between 400 and 500 of those daily with exercise.

My question is does me think too much or could my dairy intake be to blame? I probably consume more dairy daily then anything else. Usually yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast (fat free of course), lowfat cheese stick as snack or Laughing Cow swiss, occasionally (apx once a week I treat myself to a Skinny Cow cone or some other frozen treat). Sugar Free pudding sometimes after my work out. Anyway, you get the idea.

I'm definitely getting my quota of calcium (which I also take supplements for), but could that be a reason my weight loss is stalled?

Thanks for reading,
    To answer your original question::
    Why do you think its at a stand still...Did you start in April? if so its definately not enough time to consider it any kind of plateau in my opinion...also make sure your being 100% honest with yourself regarding food and excercise and always boost your excercise intensity and switch it up every few weeks if your physically able...I know for myself I cut dairy when I felt the need and I havent plateaued thus far...I try to listen to my body and go with that...It cant hurt to cut some of it and see how it goes...I was eating way too much..there are other foods to get calcium/protein from..

Thank you Dave, you've made very good points. I started at the beginning of the year getting serious again, but for the month of April I have been up and down with the same few pounds. So, actually not at a stand still or plateau technically.

I do input everything into the food diary including my SF gum and anything that has calories including crystal light. I'm really not that anal but I did want to track EXACTLY what I was consuming to the calorie so I couldn't be deceiving myself. In the end it's minimal what I take in with gum, crystal light, and fiber supplements, etc. But I just wanted to be honest about EVERYTHING I put into my mouth. In regards to my exercise I have an eliptical with an SD card that has different work outs and the calories are calculated for me as I go. I agree though I need to change it up, and I need to get some strength training in.

Everyone has given great advice I will work on cutting back the dairy a bit, eliminating cool whip :bigsmile: and changing up my calories. Something's gotta work.

Thanks again,
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Why not blame it on something else totally arbitrary, like wearing blue too often or eating a certain brand of bread? I would never support removing an entire food group unless there was some allergy that prevented you from eating anything that it contained. Why anyone points to a specific food group and blames everything it encompasses for a weight plateau is beyond me.

do you eat cool whip?:laugh:

:huh: I have a feeling I'm missing something. But "yes" I do eat cool whip. Not every day but often on my SF Jello cup. Is that the culprit?? :noway:

APPARENTLY there is some sort of inside Cool Whip joke going around which I have tried to chase down but which no one seems to want to fess up to. :grumble:
    Lol. :laugh:
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    Why not blame it on something else totally arbitrary, like wearing blue too often or eating a certain brand of bread? I would never support removing an entire food group unless there was some allergy that prevented you from eating anything that it contained. Why anyone points to a specific food group and blames everything it encompasses for a weight plateau is beyond me.

:huh: I have a feeling I'm missing something. But "yes" I do eat cool whip. Not every day but often on my SF Jello cup. Is that the culprit?? :noway:

APPARENTLY there is some sort of inside Cool Whip joke going around which I have tried to chase down but which no one seems to want to fess up to. :grumble:

Thank you Leslie I'm pretty new here so I thought maybe it was just me that wasn't privy to an inside joke. :drinker:
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    my guestion would be what type of do you do if it is cardio then i would say try some chromium supplements before each meal.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Cool Whip isn't Dairy!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

Cool Whip isn't Dairy!

Exactly.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    my guestion would be what type of do you do if it is cardio then i would say try some chromium supplements before each meal.

ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

do not overdose on chromium

good lord help us
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options

Thank you Leslie I'm pretty new here so I thought maybe it was just me that wasn't privy to an inside joke. :drinker:

Nope, I'm missing out on all the same stuff. Sigh... join the club! We should start a "what's the big deal about Cool Whip?" thread. I bet SOMEONE would tell us! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Personally, every single time someone mentions cool hWip, I giggle thanks to Family Guy... but I know that the joke is about something completely different...
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Personally, every single time someone mentions cool hWip, I giggle thanks to Family Guy... but I know that the joke is about something completely different...

Me, too! :laugh: Cool Hwip. HA!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The "joke" about Cool Whip is this

WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

This is what you're eating when you use cool whip.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hi jack complete
    you people just do not know when to quit

that is why I love you

carry on :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    hi jack complete

that is why I love you

I am innocent this time. :glasses:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    hi jack complete

that is why I love you

I am innocent this time. :glasses:

I am not. :smokin:
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    I asked a friend, an aspiring nutritionist, for advice. Here's the little conversation:

Friend: If s/he (presumably she) is burning 500 a day, yes, that's dangerous.
    Friend: They're standstilling because their weight has plateaued.
    Me: What does that mean?
    Me: (Evidentally she's lost 205 pounds so far...)
    Friend: Her body can't handle the strain of burning with little intake, so it's holding on to just about everything she consumes.

Just ear more calories! You need to make up for the stuff you're burning so you can keep losing the weight. If your body is holding onto everything, it won't help.