Runners' Team Challenge * X Miles in December *

Options
Here is our new thread for December! YAY!

Runners' Team * X Miles in December Challenge *

Need staying motivated? Come and join our Team Challenge!

This thread is here to keep us motivated to run (or cross train - e.g., ARC or elliptical work) thru the Winter Holidays.

Last month's thread is here:

<http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/380782-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-november&gt;

*** Checking-in/Joining:

To join, please get a ticker from tickerfactory, so that you can copy/paste its code into posts when you 'check-in' or post to the group.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

You can of-course also keep track with plain text, please report your total current milage and your goal milage when you post. We will have check-ins at least once a week on Saturdays (see dates on spread sheet). The spreadsheet is normally updated the date after the check-in date, on a Sunday.

*** Need a break/rest/or are injured:

Please post (or email me) your updates if you would like to continue being in the group. We want you to stay, but not push too hard if you need to recover!

*** Please post updates frequently:

Because it is fun to hear from you - and your updates help us keep inspired.

*** Spreadsheet:

We will check point your progress within this thread, and with a spreadsheet snapshot below (this spread sheet will change/refresh as the month progresses):

*** Runners' Team Challenge Group:

We also got a group - it is a bit easier to tally milage from there, but it seems like most likes a big thread in the main forum - so we are doing both! [both places will be checked when updating the spread sheet].

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/677-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month-

*** Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend :

2011-Dec-Check.PNG

*** Here is the team trophy & Legend for December - the trophy is yours when you reach your goal:

2011-Dec-Trophy.PNG

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I wanna join!
    Can we still do tickers, though?
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Im in for this challenge. I love to track my miles, but high mileage is what got me injured so I am going to set a very low goal to remind myself what I am supposed to be doing... so lets go with ... umm 40 miles?
    I was putting in well over 100 mile months before I got injured ... but I think for the winter less is going to be more and I am going to try and focus on cross training as well.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am in, again!
    Coming off an injury I will set my sights on 80 miles for the month...I am signed up for a 1/2 marathon in March 2012 and in May 2012, so I don't want to overdo, yet :)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I wanna join!
    '

Yes, the only difference is that we copy the bbCode from the tickerfactory the paste it into this dialogbox, see my ticker below for November:

exercise.png
  • CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in again and make a hugh improvement on November :)
    Thanks,
    Mel
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I wanna join!
    '

Yes, the only difference is that we copy the bbCode from the tickerfactory the paste it into this dialogbox, see my ticker below for November:

exercise.png

Got it! I was sad when my signature ticker got taken away :(
    Alright I'm in for 100 miles!
  • marcmarcus76
    marcmarcus76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Thanks
  • marcmarcus76
    marcmarcus76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    please put me down for 75 miles
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Great! I will update the spreadsheet shortly to include the adds :smile: yeah it is too bad above removing the milage tickers in the sigs
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    Please count me in again to keep motivated this month, I'll aim for 50 miles again which I think will be enough of a challenge for this busy month
  • Cooriander
    Options
    first refresh on the spread sheet (you should see your name in the spreadsheet after refreshing your browser!!! :smile: I am looking forward to December!
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm thinking 60 miles should be do-able.

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Looks like we are ready! :tongue: and I like the Christmas light ticker - I will probably use that for my ticker in December!!! I got 3 more miles to go for November!!! to make my goal!!!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    count me in again please, although I'm horrible at remembering to update!! :smile:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    count me in again - 110 miles, maybe this time i can do it:)
  • Cooriander
    Options
    count me in again please, although I'm horrible at remembering to update!! :smile:

Great to see you for another month!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    count me in again - 110 miles, maybe this time i can do it:)

YES! Yes! :smile:
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join- new to MFP...glad to find some fellow runners- but I may need help this first time round- how to update...got the ticker- will post link here...not sure if that's what you need- help?!

blk-exercise.png

Goal is 55...have another half in April but coming off a back injury so taking it easy
  • RedRage00
    RedRage00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    New here!

Put me down for 60 miles in December!

Lets rock!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Yay, great! Welcome :smile: