Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    yeah, i usually only eat a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter before i go to the gym...if i dont eat, it disrupts my runs.
  • myshell26
    Options
    I really love the Atkin's Daybreak strawberry banana shakes. They are about 6 bucks for 4 of them and really delicious. I am not on the Atkins diet... just like the shakes for breakfast. They are hi in protein and low in sugar.
  • lyssaloo
    lyssaloo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake called Idealshape. I wanted to try something like shakeology, but it was far far too pricey for a college student. $4 a shake last time I checked. Idealshape averages out to $1.30-$1.50 per drink depending on if you buy it in bulk or not. It tastes pretty good and keeps me full for a couple hours. It also has over half of your daily nutrients in every serving. Sometimes to help myself stay fuller longer I mix a scoop of idealshape in with a handful of spinach, half a banana, 2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter, water, and some ice. This is very tasty and will ususally keep me pretty full until lunch time. good luck!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend just mixing some carb source with your favorite whey powder. Examples: Milk, banana, oatmeal. You could also add a little fat, e.g. peanut butter.

For an off the shelf solution, I like Myoplex, although it contains artificial sweeteners (sucralose and acesulfame-k), which is a dealbreaker for some.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I used to drink shakeology, but it got pricey for me and I had to cancel my monthly shipment. I just ordered the Body by Vi shakes from Visalus and they should be arriving this week. I'm getting 2 shakes a day for less than my one shakeology shake. I'm really looking forward to starting them because I've heard sooo many good things about them and they are suppossed to be delish too :)