Exercise Cals

Options
I sat down for 10 minutes and burned 15 Cals. That means when I exercise I need to subtract 1 Cal for every minute right? I accidently let the timer keep going and my HRM said I burned 21 Cals in 12 minutes so should I subtract 2Cals for every minute to be on the safe side? Or maybe 3??

Replies

• erzsebet_1560
    Options
    I wouldn't be that worried over 15 calories.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No I'm trying to figure out what my resting burn is so I can subtract that when I exercise
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    I have never done that....I lost over 100 lbs before MFP and never worried about my exact calorie burn. Sounds like you're making extra work for yourself.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I thought about backing out my resting calories from my exercise calories but I decided not to. you could figure your BMR under Tools on MFP, then divide it by 1440 and that would be your calories per minute for just lying around. for me, it's about 1 calorie per minute. so if i did a 30 minute workout and burned 300, i would enter 270.

I figure that the benefit of exercising lasts outside of the window of exercise so that's my justification for not backing out my resting calories. ;) i think if i had a really lOOOOONG workout, i might, but mine are typically about 30-60 minutes.