100 Miles in December

Options

Replies

• MEGAmm
    MEGAmm Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My birthday is Dec 1st so I just asked my mom for a pedometer for my birthday! I also plan on beginning to walk/jog 3 times a week - no excuses! Can't wait, thanks for posting this challenge!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge! Can I count the steps I take during something like the 30 day shred workout? (I guess if we're counting Christmas shopping and stuff then it should be okay right?) I think I'll track my steps in various categories (treadmill, other workout, and 'out and about' type categories) to see how they all stack up against each other. I just bought a pedometer so this will put it to good use!
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!

We'll kick this off officially on Thursday, Dec. 1st.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It averages out to be approx 3.23 miles a day. I hope I can sustain.

I chase a toddler around every day! My goal is to follow my toddler around all day. He runs in circles, goes room from room, almost never sits down, and I'm going to follow him!
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    What is "Team Pink" if you don't mind me asking? I've been seeing it quite a bit on here.

A few of us are in another challenge, it's a weigh in challenge that started on Thanksgiving. We have team names that are colors...
  • cglynn22
    Options
    I'm all for it!
  • timingsands
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! I usually end up getting in 10 miles a day on my stationary bike anyway.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I chase a toddler around every day! My goal is to follow my toddler around all day. He runs in circles, goes room from room, almost never sits down, and I'm going to follow him!

Toddlers are great for exercising! I just would eat and eat and drink soda like water when my kiddos were in bed.
  • mistresseeyore
    Options

Toddlers are great for exercising! I just would eat and eat and drink soda like water when my kiddos were in bed.

I can't stand the taste of sodas. Either water or milk, thanks to my Mom. My brother was allowed sodas, and he's getting a little plumpie lately.
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    im in. I will need something to do while im stuck at the inlaws for 12 days
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Definitely in again! Did Not meet my miles for November, but will be pausing myself for December.
  • mom2pne
    Options
    What is "Team Pink" if you don't mind me asking? I've been seeing it quite a bit on here.

A few of us are in another challenge, it's a weigh in challenge that started on Thanksgiving. We have team names that are colors...

Thank you.
  • mom2pne
    Options
    im in. I will need something to do while im stuck at the inlaws for 12 days

lol I lived with mine for over 6 years. It was not fun, but at least I had a babysitter handy.
  • gingerelless
    Options
    I would love to join. I have never done a challenge on MFP before, can you give me the details. Where do you log your miles?
  • mom2pne
    Options
    I would love to join. I have never done a challenge on MFP before, can you give me the details. Where do you log your miles?

with past ones that I was in we just posted it in the thread we were participating in. So you would just post it in here when the time comes.
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in. That's funny I just picked up my John Stanton book "Running start to finish" and I planned to start his 10k training program this week.
    Great way to overcome the Team Pink Challenge until New Years.
    keep running... or however you plan to complete your miles:)
  • wisgal77
    Options
    Please post the activity you did and how many miles you completed here. If you want to post everyday, that would be good. Of if you prefer, keep track and post totals for the week by the end of the day Saturdays. Whichever you would like, that would be fine as well. Since New Years Day is on a Sunday, I will take the information for the week and post on Sunday. I'm kind of a spreadsheet nerd, so don't be surprised if I post stats every week.

I'm getting pretty excited to start this challenge. It will be fun to see a the end just how far we go as a group.

:bigsmile:
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I NEED to do this!
  • wisgal77
    Options
    So far I have counted 25 people in....that would be 2500 miles!!!!

:noway:
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this. I need something that will keep me going. I already do any where from 20 minutes to 60 minutes on my bike every day. Will get new batteries on the 1st and start that day.