Indoor exercises......

Options
So its getting cold outside where I live and I don't have a gym membership anywhere as of right now. Is there any advice on things I can do in the house for exercise everyday that will still burn calories like doing my walking or being on the treadmill?

thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have personally tried the Jillian Michaels workouts, or Zumba....they seem to get me a good workout. I am looking into getting a treadmill or elliptical for more variety but still undecided!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Jillian is fantastic for a workout. I also use P90X which gives a good burn and great muscle definition too.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred
    Hula Hooping
    Looking on Youtube for exercise videos

:-)
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Same here, I taka Zumba classes, but if you have the wii, you can do the Zumba at home. I also began Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred yesterday and it sure burns some cals, plus it's toning me up!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Christmas is coming ask SANTA for some workout dvd's or gym equipment!!!! LOL:blushing:
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    check out the video in this link...no equipment required and very little space.

http://eatright-staybright.tumblr.com/post/7188718242/worlds-fastest-workout-burns-as-many
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's workouts are great - there are some short ones if you're short of time, like 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 - or longer ones like Banish Fat, Boost Metabalism and No More Trouble Zones. I do them first thing in the morning before work!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian DVDs too. No More Trouble Zones, Ripped in 30, 30 day Shred.

And I have a stationary bike I ride a few times per week.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jump roping is a great indoor activity and it burns a ton of calories fast.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Like others have said - Jillian Micheals workouts are great - most of them use HIIT - so you are going to get cardio and strength training...if you are startying out with HIIT the biggest Loser ones are good for beginners.

If you have Cable with on-Demand look and see if they have an exercise channel On-Demand - I have Comcast and it has a ton of programs that are free with my cable...

You can also find a lot of daily workouts on-line...things that you don't need any equipment for.

If you have a smartphone or an itouch check out the Nike Training App
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm an elliptical owner and have been for years. If I had room, I'd also have a treadmill. The other ideas listed here are great as well. :flowerforyou: