Older Mommy Needing To Lose About 200 Pounds

Options
:happy: Hello All. My name is Stephanie. I am a 43 year old mom of an almost 3 year old son and an almost 5 year old daughter. I have tried numerous ways over the many years to lose weight, been successful with some to just gain it back. lost almost 100 pounds about 6 years ago just to have regained it all through my pregnancies and depression. I am now ready to take ll this off once and for all. My little ones need mommy to be around a long time and to be able to run and play with them. I just heard about this site today and look forward to the support and encouragement I can get as well as give.

Replies

• JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Wishing you the best on your weight loss journey.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

It's such a great place! Everyone here is so amazing.

Feel free to add me as a friend and join my group.... Sexy for '12 Ladies! :-)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me if you like. I have 4 children to schedule workouts & meals around :smile:
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of support here on MFP. Congratulations on taking the first step in leading a healthier life.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So glad you found MFP...I've not been disappointed at all. Love this site, especially if you take full advantage of it, and if you have a smartphone, download the MFP app! I love being able to add to my food and exercise diary, as well as post on my wall and other peoples' walls. The very best to you as you start your lifestyle change...Need a friend? Go ahead and friend me!

M
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope this works! I just finished my first week on here and I have to say I love it!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm in just about the same position as you. I started MFP last year (Aug. 10) and it has certainly been a bumpy ride. Please feel free to add me. Best wishes hon. :flowerforyou:
  • Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends just send me a request! Its a lot easier to lose the weight with people behind you for support!
  • collyllama
    Options
    I'd love to be friends! Feel free to add me... I'm usually very supportive (except when I'm traveling and have no internet lol)
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Follow the calories on the site. Go for a 30 minute walk every day. Look into getting the "Body Bug" or "Body Fit" it will keep you accountable on your calories and activity. Costco has the Body Fit on sale right now.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP, log in everyday, even if your having a bad day, we all have them from time to time, good luck, and add me if you like, im still new(ish) here
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm a young new mommy in the same sort of situation. I weighed 275 about 5 years ago and lost 110 lbs. Then over the course of the next 4 years, I gained it all back and got on my fitness pal a year ago and began to lose weight. I became pregnant with my daughter, Scarlett and had to stop losing weight and focus on not gaining to much throughout my pregnancy. I ended up gaining 40 lbs, weighing around 340, my heaviest weight ever. I've already lost my pregnancy weight (thank you breastfeeding calorie burn) plus five pounds. Now, my boyfriend and I (Nich) have started again on here.

I want to lose this weight so when Scarlett gets to the age she can run and play, I can play with her and not have to have a break after a whole 30 seconds. Good luck to you, I know we can both get healthier and keep it off for good with such inspiring goals as our children. :D
  • diana160
    Options
    Welcome, I am a grandma in my 50's but am in the process of losing weight again. I would love to be your friend. Diana:flowerforyou:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi, Stephanie! I'm 45 and my kids are 9 and 12, but my story sounds quite a bit like yours (lost, then regained). I'm really working right now to be healthy again, largely so I can be around to torment my kids for as long as possible! :happy:
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and offer of friendship and support, I very much need it. I look forward to getting to know everyone and being there for each of you:smile:
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us! I always welcome new friends. Feel free to add me
  • bassklan
    bassklan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Stephanie! In the same boat with me! 41, 5 kids, and my highest weight was 330+! I'm down to about 275 now. Watch Forks Over Knives, Food Matters, and Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead! It'll give you food for thought as well as Instant Motivation! I've been on mfp for a while and never really done anything about it until I saw those videos! With all the support you'll need of people who know exactly what you're struggling with on mfp, you should do great! : )
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me!
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.