Any Buddhists here?

Options
My name is tmc. I noticed that there wasn't a Buddhist or Buddhism group here on MFP. I wondered if there are any other Buddhists here (or folks who are using mindfulness, meditation, Eastern philosophy in their weight loss efforts). I'll start a group if there are enough of us to keep it up and running and useful.

Be well,

tmc

Replies

• areinoehl29
    Options
    Me! Me! I would be interested.
  • RosemarySage
    RosemarySage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am interested.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    If you start it, they will come.
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Count me in. :-)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Interested. Meditation is daily for me.
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Interested + me = YES please
  • susanrush
    Options
    I would be most interested!
  • mkrekeler
    mkrekeler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TMC, I would definitely be interested. I was raised Catholic but do not practice the faith. I really do not follow any religion but am very spiritual. I am a long time yoga practioner, mediator and try every single minute of my life to be mindful...but as you know...that can be difficult at times.....especially when I eat. Looking forward to this board.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Namaste everyone,
    I would be interested.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I started a group called MFP Buddhists. Everyone who posted should have got an invite. Come introduce yourself and tell me what you want the community to be. We'll design our community guidelines together. Compassion above all!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I looked for the group but it isn't popping up - can I get an invite please?

Great idea, btw!
  • beautiful_skin
    Options
    I am also interested! I practice yoga at least once a day. That's my meditation.
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    me too!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Invites sent, vegansara, beautiful_ski, and amandajeff. : )
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Married to a Theravada Buddhist from Thailand & follow his instruction when it comes to all things spiritual, does that count? :ohwell:
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Would love it :)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Invite me please!!! Not "Buddhist" per say but believe many of the teachings and it is the closest to any belief I would follow:)
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Please invite me! Love this idea. Namaste!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    OP no real pics.
    Oh this is how these little cult like things start huh. Just remember people dont drink the poison coolaid and or do the "heavens gate" thing for the big bright light in the sky. :p
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well please :)

And no worries, metalenergy, Buddhism is not a religion and it's one of the most skeptical, practical and empirical philosophies out there, so there will be no koolaid-drinking. But some green tea would be nice ;)