My first post but a success story :) 45lb down!

Options
aleexFIT
aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
I hope I am doing this correctly, this is my first post but I have been a member of this site for 8 months now. I have gone from 180+lb in April to 135lb now. I am proud of myself but need motivation to maintain and keep going. I still feel like I have a slight belly I would love to tone up and perhaps lose a little more (i am 5'7) so I can be confident in a bikini, but looking at old pictures really does help me to notice a difference so just wanted to post to show others it CAN be done!

I have been overweight my whole life and vowed to lose weight ever since I was a young teen (I am 19 now) after family members told me I was "fat" and other comments just upset me but I never had the motivation or belief in myself that I could do it. But I completely changed my eating habits around, I have 1/3 veg with my dinner and snack on fruit when I feel the need to (which is still often!!). I try to exercise regularly and do now enjoy exercise as I have got fitter. It gets so much easier with time so my advice to all those struggling at the start is stick at it because it DOES get easier, eating unhealthily and not exercising are only habits which can be broken!! I hope I have broken them now finally.

This is before (~180lb)

SEP2010.jpg

JULY2010.jpg

and now (135lb)

MOULINROUGE062.jpg
DSCF1731.jpg
DSCF1723.jpg

Replies

• WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I hope I am doing this correctly, this is my first post but I have been a member of this site for 8 months now. I have gone from 180+lb in April to 135lb now. I am proud of myself but need motivation to maintain and keep going. I still feel like I have a slight belly I would love to tone up and perhaps lose a little more (i am 5'7) so I can be confident in a bikini, but looking at old pictures really does help me to notice a difference so just wanted to post to show others it CAN be done!

I have been overweight my whole life and vowed to lose weight ever since I was a young teen (I am 19 now) after family members told me I was "fat" and other comments just upset me but I never had the motivation or belief in myself that I could do it. But I completely changed my eating habits around, I have 1/3 veg with my dinner and snack on fruit when I feel the need to (which is still often!!). I try to exercise regularly and do now enjoy exercise as I have got fitter. It gets so much easier with time so my advice to all those struggling at the start is stick at it because it DOES get easier, eating unhealthily and not exercising are only habits which can be broken!! I hope I have broken them now finally.

This is before (~180lb)

SEP2010.jpg

JULY2010.jpg

and now (135lb)

MOULINROUGE062.jpg

and now (135lb)

Great Job! Congrats!!!

fyi, you have to change the uppercase IMG to lowercase img when posting from photobucket :flowerforyou:
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    You look great! I weigh 180 right now, I hope to look that good when i weigh 135! =) Keep up the good work.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    You look beautiful. I hope I can look half as good as that when I get to my goal
  • aleexFIT
    Options
    Ah thank you, finally figured out how to get the pictures to show up.
  • sinobaako82
    sinobaako82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing! i hope to look like that too!

oh, by the way, how do i get that widget you guys have on how much you have lost below your post?
  • myth4ever
    Options
    You are on fire!!!!! What a great job keep it going!!!! You will get there and more......I know you feel good and the fact that those negative people have to choke on their words! Stay motivated
  • Scsmitty1
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • moxley20
    Options
    wow you look great! i'm 5'8" and about 180 lbs - aiming for 140 lbs so your pics are a huge motivation for me! thanks for posting :)
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    you look great! i love the way you dress too very chic! congrats on the 45 lb loss.
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!
  • aleexFIT
    Options
    wow you look great! i'm 5'8" and about 180 lbs - aiming for 140 lbs so your pics are a huge motivation for me! thanks for posting :)

No problem :):) Good luck with everything you can do it! My advice is just keep tracking what you eat, try to exercise a little each day and don't deny yourself TOO much because if you do you will eat up giving up and then overeating!! Just try to change your eating habits by becoming more knowledgeable about the nutritional value of everything you are eating and getting rid of the opinion that all unhealthy food tastes better. It's NOT true!!
  • aleexFIT
    Options
    you look great! i love the way you dress too very chic! congrats on the 45 lb loss.

Thank you, the leopard print corset was for a fancy dress party but everything else is my usual wardrobe!! I am a total shopaholic and the weight loss has not helped that addiciton any at all, but what a great excuse for a new wardrobe :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Your self-confidence show in your body language esp. in your shoulders. You look great!! Congratulations nd keep on going!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    WOW! nice work!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WOW i love your outfits!! You look so happy and confident. congrats! You look so B-E-A-U-tiful and amazing! :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You look a lot more confident!
    You are absolutely stunning though& have done a great job! Congrats!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Bunnie_Lynn
    Bunnie_Lynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! keep up your great work!
    And I LOVE all your cute dresses :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!