College student, on MFP for 3 weeks, looking to lose that Fr

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been using this for 3 weeks and things have been going great, I've lost about 4 lbs so far.

My goal is to drop the freshman 15 I gained at the beginning of college now that I am close to graduation!

Would love to chat with some people who are also trying to lose weight --

I have tried to enlist the support of some friends, even introduced them to the site. However, if I had a nickel for every time I have heard "There goes my diet" the last few months, I'd be very rich!

Even though I have been sharing my results with my friends, a lot of the time I get a response "Oh my! You're so lucky!" No, not luck, hard work and exercise, watching what I eat, cutting out empty calories... It's getting tiring hearing that it's just luck all the time!

Hope to get to know some of you and hear about your own successes through your hard work!

Edit -- it cut out "Freshman 15" in the title

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey you gain 15.. I gain 50... same difference? LOL
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hey you gain 15.. I gain 50... same difference? LOL

same here...
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    feel free 2 add...im a college student as well...this program is wonderful..trust me u can still go out and have fun with friends ad loose the weight...just make smart choices...hope 2 hear from you soon:)
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think everyone has an issue with college, definitely...too many late night Steak N Shake runs, then a Waffle House opened on campus...then they introduced Chik Fil A and Taco Bell! So few healthy options when you're in a rush!
  • DisturbedRaccoon
    Options
    Fight the freshmen 15! lol
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear you... I started college LOSING 15, then gaining ity back and another 30 besides that. Add me, I'll add you!
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yup! I gained the freshman 15 and never took it off... but I'm trying to get back to the weight I was my senior year of high school. Now is the time to do it... get it off and keep it off! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm happy to be friends with anyone who is serious about their weight loss. This is a great community.