Samples??

Options
I need some eating tips. Any ideas on what I can eat throughout the day and at what times??? I need to lose 100lbs!!! Please help!!

-Kim

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Take a look ay my food plan. You may get some ideas from there

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/daves160/view/aw-nuts-and-meat-and-eggs-and-veggies-and-153264
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimma!!

It really depends on what type of eating plan you want to go with. For me, I like to stay low carb. So my day looks something like this:
    Meal: options / choices
    B- protein shake / coffee
    S- coffee / nuts / jerky
    L- deli meat, sliced / chicken breast / steam veg / salad / soup
    S- nuts / coffee / jerky / crackers / chia seeds
    D- soup / grille or baked meat / veg / salad / soup / eggs
    D- sugar free pop / whatever I can find haha!

The main thing I got rid of was white flour. I still have pasta every now and then, but I use low carb / high fiber pasta. You can even add more fiber with Benefiber sprinkles. Try to bulk up on steam or freash veg and grilled meats.

If you want to learn about food swaps, let me know. I do swaps all the time.

Hope this helps?!?
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So far a high protein bar has been working for me for just lunch...I like mint so I get the Zone Bar chocolate mint but there is also pure protein that has 20g of protein and that holds me over good too...flavors I like is Peanut Butter...Carmel Peanut Butter...and Smores....these are the only protein bars I can actually eat that dont taste gross....Also try to drink your water with drop ins...sugar free or crystal light....it makes u get your water in....Another good item that holds me over is weight control oatmeal by Quaker....the banana nut doesnt have alot of flavor to it so I usually use an sweet n low but if you have other subs for sugar that you like u can use them just one package. The weight control Maple Brown sugar is really good. U dont need sugar sub for that at all, and honestly one package holds me over till lunch when I have my protein bar....but also inbetween u can have a banana, cucumbers, and water ever fruit you like...Good Luck I know I am right there with ya....
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So glad to see you on the site! I like to have a snack between meals, although you really dont' have to. I try to keep my snacks light and healthy around 120-200 calories each.

Here are some of my favorite snacks:
    Raw almonds
    Half a sandwich
    Yogurt
    Bowl of cereal
    Fruit salad
    Fruit with Raw Peanut Butter
    Whole Grain Waffles with sugar free syrup (it's really not bad)
    Veggie Chips (I get mine at aldi) with salsa

I try to stay away from caffine in the middle of the day - it always makes me hungry! Good luck!
  • Kimma34
    Kimma34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good tips and ideas!!

-K:flowerforyou:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I believe in keeping it simple. Breakfast lunch and dinner. With an apple or a carrot if you need to snack. Breakfast can be a poached egg on toast (easy on the butter!) or a bowl of healthy cereal - thats not overprepared something like oats or weetbix.
    Lunch is fine if you have a lean meat/cheese (not both)_and greens, with a low fat yoghurt or a piece of fruit, dinner grill some lean fish or meat and have with greens and a small handful of sweet potato or rice. Those Uncle Ben's rice sachets are good.
    It doesn't have to be complicated.