How often do you train?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    6 to 7 days a week, between 40 mins and 180 minutes.
    Cardio and strength, also martial arts.

Trying to do as much as I can to perform well in the sports I do, I will likely reduce to 5 times a week at some point, but I am not there yet
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    4x per week
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    6 days a week, twice a day. On my rest day I do a light walk, helps me clear my head.
  • reannont
    reannont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    do u do insanity?
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    hmmm, that makes me think : I go 3 to 4 times a week (more often 3 than 4) but I do a complete program cardio for 30 to 40 minutes and then strengh for all body parts. I end up being training an hour + getting ready and all.

So if I go more often, should I split my training program?
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    do u do insanity?

I tried but I have a bad knee and Insanity just brought it up.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    hmmm, that makes me think : I go 3 to 4 times a week (more often 3 than 4) but I do a complete program cardio for 30 to 40 minutes and then strengh for all body parts. I end up being training an hour + getting ready and all.

So if I go more often, should I split my training program?

When I went only twice a week I did basically full body for strength (I don't really do cardio at the gym) apart from deadlifts just once a week. The more often I train, the more split the routine is. I definitely couldn't do 5 x a week if it wasn't a split routine.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I do boot camp or CrossFit three days a week and Olympic lifting one day a week. All of these are for an hour long class. Occasionally, I'll add an extra CrossFit class. It all depends on my schedule. I have to do my class right after work or I just won't go. (Although they have moved my O-lifting class to Saturday morning. I am not a morning person, so this is tough for me, but I just love lifting.)
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I do lifting 5 days a week if I can help it, abdominal-focused pilates one day and just regular calming yoga on sundays.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Ok, because I am going back to get a new training program in 2 weeks. So I would request splitted programs for 4 times or more a week.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I split my routine and go to the gym on my lunch break ( so i get 20 - 40 mins real workout time)

Weights 3 times and week and cardio 2 times( normally HIIT) ( mon - fri)
    Then Sat morning i tend to have a stretch session which leaves sunday for active rest or sitting on my bottom.

Sometimes the OH thinks about going to the gym on Sundays so i might do a light workout then but this is less frequent!

Going to the gym at lunch means i get to eat carbs for lunch and stops me wasting an hour at my desk doing nothing!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I aim for 6 days a week. Before, it was going to the gym (which is on campus so I'd work it into my schedule and go after class), and recently I've started Insanity back up (with intentions on finishing it this time!) so that's 6 days a week, but at home instead of the gym. I start my first day at my new job today (part-time) so that'll be a test to my commitment!