ZigZaging - what is it?

Options
Hi all;

Just trying to find out what zigzaging is? I've been at the same weight for the last 5 days and am starting to get frustrated. I'm eating between 1000 and 1300 calories a day. HELP!!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hi all;

Just trying to find out what zigzaging is? I've been at the same weight for the last 5 days and am starting to get frustrated. I'm eating between 1000 and 1300 calories a day. HELP!!

Zigzagging is essentially a cyclical/fluctuating intake. For example, if someone eats 1800 calories per day on a "steady" deficit, someone who zig-zags may eat 1400-2200-1600-2000-1800, just as one example.

Lastly, be patient. Weight loss is not linear. I would stop weighing yourself so often.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Zig Zagging is when you change your calorie intake from day to day. Some people believe it helps confuse the body. One day you do 1000 cals next day you do 1300 next day 1200 next day 1400.. I zig zag but do not have a set pattern I follow. I just eat lower during the week and a little higher on the weekends. Works well for my lifestyle.
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree- don't weigh yourself so often. I try not to step on the scale more than once a week. Many things can effect your weight (sodium intake, time of day etc.) and if you don't see a change, or worse, see an increase, you may start worrying for no reason. I try to set one day a week and weigh myself at the same exact time every week.
  • gravelyc
    Options
    Never heard of it....for me what works best is making sure i have a caloric defecit every day of about 500-600 calories...some days its more and some days its less but it has resulted in 18 pounds gone forever