Throw some breakfast ideas at me =)

Options

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Bump (BTW we don't get those sort of waffles in England! They are bloody lovely though!!)

thats why ive never seeen or heard of them LOL! Thanks for letting me know! Or else ill be walking around the supermarkets hours on end looking for them!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I've been making egg cups. From another post - "take a muffin tin, place ham, bologna, WHATEVER kind of meat you want in the bottom(kinda making a "cup" out of it, crack an egg INTO the "meat cup" and top with cheese. < you can also break the yoke and make it more "scrambled" egg if you wish." I have done Egg Beaters, turkey sausage, and spinach - these rocked and were only 108 calories a pieces. Tonight I am making them with carmelized onion, and mushrooms. They're low enough in calories to have 2 or 3 for breakfast, though I find 2 to be plenty.

Breakfast sandwich - these are great and reasonable at 370 calories each.
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
    Sargento - Colby-Jack Cheese Sliced-Net Carb, 0.5 slice
    Thomas' - English Muffin , 1 muffin
    Jennie-O - Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties, 2 patties

I haven't tried it yet but breakfast salad sounds good. Breakfast fixings on a salad with maple vinaigrette.

You'll have to do a search but someone posted pumpkin fritters/pancakes. They were wonderfull but I didn't save the recipe.

aug

Dont think i could bring myself to eat any of that. Such a fussy eater its unreal!
  • robotaffliction
    Options
    Green smoothie. Your favorite fruits/veggies topped off with baby spinach. There are a ton of variations.

I like a couple slices of frozen banana, frozen berries, cucumber or celery & spinach.

Dont think i could eat a vegetable smoooothie =/.. ill just stick to fruits lol! :)

You can put a surprising amount of spinach in a smoothie without tasting it. That's how I get my iron.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie. Your favorite fruits/veggies topped off with baby spinach. There are a ton of variations.

I like a couple slices of frozen banana, frozen berries, cucumber or celery & spinach.

Dont think i could eat a vegetable smoooothie =/.. ill just stick to fruits lol! :)

You can put a surprising amount of spinach in a smoothie without tasting it. That's how I get my iron.

Ditto, I think if you are fussy use protein powder and make smoothies out of fruits and veggies. You will be full I promise! and you will not taste the veggies if you even add a little fruit. They also make general flavored powders like chocolate, vanilla etc. You can even add oats! I am drinking a carrot ginger orange smoothie as we speak, yummy! And maybe you should put in your OP what you WONT eat. It seems you are very picky and people are giving you ideas that aren't helping becasue they don't know that.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lls70rrpTP1qkae66o1_400.jpg
  • alilikesjuice
    Options
    My usual breakfast (210 cal):

150 cal - 1 cup (cooked steel cut oats)
    35 cal - 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
    25 cal - 1/3 cup of blueberries or 5 strawberries

i like to pre-portion a week of breakfast so that i just have to throw it in the microwave. I enjoy it a lot and it keeps me filled.

Sounds nice, but whers the milk?!

I don't have to put milk in it. Have you had steel cut oats before? The texture and consistency is very different from rolled oats. As long as you don't overcook them they really don't need anything (IMO)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Mexican pizza!
    For the family:
    beat 6 eggs in a bowl
    Heat skillet
    olive oil is a must

once the oil is warm put a large tortilla on the skillet and heat both sides

Take tortilla off and put on a large plate.
    Pour eggs in skillet and scramble or make into a large omelette.
    Once the eggs are solid put on top of the tortilla.
    Add chopped avocado, tomatos, baby spinach and a mexican cheese blend.
    I like sargentos blend.
    Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    I've been making egg cups. From another post - "take a muffin tin, place ham, bologna, WHATEVER kind of meat you want in the bottom(kinda making a "cup" out of it, crack an egg INTO the "meat cup" and top with cheese. < you can also break the yoke and make it more "scrambled" egg if you wish." I have done Egg Beaters, turkey sausage, and spinach - these rocked and were only 108 calories a pieces. Tonight I am making them with carmelized onion, and mushrooms. They're low enough in calories to have 2 or 3 for breakfast, though I find 2 to be plenty.

Breakfast sandwich - these are great and reasonable at 370 calories each.
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
    Sargento - Colby-Jack Cheese Sliced-Net Carb, 0.5 slice
    Thomas' - English Muffin , 1 muffin
    Jennie-O - Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties, 2 patties

I haven't tried it yet but breakfast salad sounds good. Breakfast fixings on a salad with maple vinaigrette.

You'll have to do a search but someone posted pumpkin fritters/pancakes. They were wonderfull but I didn't save the recipe.

aug

Yum!! This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! Oh, how long do you bake them for????
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i used to have fruit and fibre cereal for breakfast, but i like change now n again! Last few days ive beeen having a cereal bar and yoghurt for my breakfast, which is filling and low in cals.. Now im thinking of changing it again and having couple of different fruits.

any ideas of any other things i could have please? i also aim for under 200 ish cals :)

Thanks x

d-lights sandwich w/ Canadian bacon is 210; tastes great. basically a healthy mcmuffin. also, you can pull the cheese off it before you microwave it; that would certainly bring the total below 200 cals

2 slices of toast (120) with egg (74) also fits the bill. a bit dry, though.
  • Katydid228
    Options
    I have been on this high fiber 100 cal english muffin with a wedge of garlic herb laughing cow cheese and 2 egg whites. I can cook the eggs in the microwave, the cheese is awesome, and it's a filling breakfast under 200 cals. Good times.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash (around 100g of sw potato and onion), spices(paprika, thyme, cumin, nutmeg), maple syrup (1/2 Tbsp), topped with an egg over easy.

Cook the hash in a non stick skillet with no oil and it comes out to about 200 cals. I usually add bacon to make it 300.
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    porridge
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sometime if you want a quickie breakfast go to Dunkin Donuts. From their website: Egg & Cheese Wake-Up Wrap (180 cal), Egg White Turkey Sausage Wake-Up Wrap (150 cal), Egg white Veggie Wake-Up Wrap (150 cal), Ham, Egg, & Cheese Wake-Up Wrap (200 cal).
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash (around 100g of sw potato and onion), spices(paprika, thyme, cumin, nutmeg), maple syrup (1/2 Tbsp), topped with an egg over easy.

Cook the hash in a non stick skillet with no oil and it comes out to about 200 cals. I usually add bacon to make it 300.

This sounds awesome! How do you prepare the sw & how long does it take?? Oh yum.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from Sparkpeople; made a couple changes to adapt to my taste.

1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup chopped is what I ended up with)
    6-oz fresh baby spinach
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    pinch cayenne pepper
    1 1/3 cups non fat milk
    1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese

Preheat oven to 400F.
    Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate) *(I actually used a glass brownie sized baking dish)
    In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion with a bit of vegetable oil (or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
    In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
    Pour quiche base into prepared pan. Top with feta cheese.
    Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
    Let set for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.

*I have frozen portions of it and it freezes and reheats very well*

Original recipe said this made 6 servings. I actually put the ingredients into my Recipes and made it 4 servings and got these nutritional values:

Per Serving: 168 calories, 19 carbs, 5 gm Fat
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast tacos.
    1 Egg
    1 High Fibre Wheat Torrilla (La Torrilla Factory) 50 cals
    1 oz low sodium ham
    1 tablespoon Pace Mild Picante Sauce.
    Around 160 cals for one breakfast taco and keeps me full until lunch.

This sounds amazing. I must now go find those tortillas.

I do a variety of things for breakfast. Sometimes homemade protein bars, sometimes omlets, yogurt, oatmeal, english muffin toast with a couple slices of tomato and some pepper jack cheese toasted....mmmm.....
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I make these Breakfast Muffins nearly every Sunday evening, for an "on the go" breakfast during the week - I warm up one or two and eat 'em on the drive to work! You could also warm up a whole wheat tortilla with some cheese and one of these muffins for an egg burrito.

You can pretty much make the "filling" however you want - this is how I do it....

To make 12 "muffins", this is what I saute' together in a large frying pan sprayed with no-stick spray:

1 medium Chopped onion - I use purple onion
    1 large Red Bell Pepper
    1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
    1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked spinach
    Morningstar Farms Original Sausage Patties - 4 patties (can use Turkey Sausage or other meat of your choice)

I make sure everything is chopped up before I throw it in the pan.

As that's all cooking together I beat together the following:

4 whole eggs
    1 1/2 cups "All Whites" - carton egg whites, this is equivelant to 8 whole eggs
    10-12 tablespoons (approximated) skim milk.
    (I'm watching my egg yolk consumption, but if it's not an issue for you then you could certainly just use 12 whole eggs instead).

Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Put equal spoonfulls of the "filling" mixture from the frying pan into each section of the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with a very small amount of shredded cheese - I prefer Parmesan. Using a ladle, pour egg mixture over the filling/cheese.

I bake at 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes until eggs are cooked through & tops a bit brown, they rise a little like mini souffle's but fall a bit after they come out of the oven. If needed I put the broiler on for the last 1-2 minutes to give 'em a nice browned top.

Once cooled these lift out easily with a small spatula. Because I only used 4 whole eggs for 12 "muffins", there's only 1/3 of an egg yolk in each one, but plenty of egg whites for the protein. This is a great alternative if you are keeping your egg yolk consumption down or watching cholesterol.

You can change the "filling" to suit your tastes - I use whatever leftover cooked veggies I have on hand... I've used green beans, bok choy, whatever's in my fridge that needs to be used!

I put the above recipe into my MFP database - they came out to 98 calories per muffin!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love egg beaters (southwestern) style and cook them up with a whole wheat bagel thin or fiber one english muffin.

Eggbeaters - 1/2 c 60 cal
    bagel thin - 110 cal
    SF jam - 10 cal

Total...180 calories
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal with a scoop of pumpkin puree and spices, maybe a Splenda to sweeten it a bit. Yum.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump (BTW we don't get those sort of waffles in England! They are bloody lovely though!!)

thats why ive never seeen or heard of them LOL! Thanks for letting me know! Or else ill be walking around the supermarkets hours on end looking for them!
    That's a shame...they are really good. You can always try to make your own lowfat whole wheat waffles from a mix and just freeze them.