FIBER - how do you get yours???

Options
I know that most people don't get enough fiber in their day....so i'm interested to hear what foods you eat to up your fiber count?! I love my plain oatmeal, which is a good fiber source......

what about YOU!?

Replies

• Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    steamed cabbage!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    vegetables mostly
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm over my fiber every day. I get it in oats, apples, granola bars, carrots, nut butters, and almond milk, just looking at today. For some reason, that's the only field I don't struggle with!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and the easiest ; fiberone bars! LOL
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread - 2 slices and 10g of fiber

also

Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares Cereal has around 40% of your daily fiber intake! :) Hope that helps some.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Plain old fruit and veg. I also eat wholegrain bread, pasta etc. and sometimes lentils.
  • SharadaRose
    Options
    Benifiber 3 times a day,Kashi go lean cereal, and the rest in regular foods
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love me my broccoli and spinach. I always have spinach be the option for my salads and on my sandwiches as opposed to lettuce. Also too if I feel like I'm suffering a bit on the fiber side, I eat a fiber one bar. They are tasty and have sooooo much fiber in it.
  • nikki_fro
    nikki_fro Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always seem to go over A bit on fiber - veggies mainly, and wholewheat cereal in the morning
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I eat oatmeal a few times a week, but typically I get mine from fresh fruits/veggies, raw nuts, beans, and I use these wonderful tortillas: Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber tortilla wraps. They have 12 g fiber, 8 g protein, and only 71 calories. :)

* forgot-my favorite source is Fiber One original cereal with unsweetened almond milk. YUM!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love the kashi cereal, with fiber and protein.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know that most people don't get enough fiber in their day....so i'm interested to hear what foods you eat to up your fiber count?! I love my plain oatmeal, which is a good fiber source......

what about YOU!?
    Old-fashioned oats don't have that much fiber in them, if that's what you're eating. Oat bran has more, and I think steel cut oats, as well.

I get sometimes 50 grams of it a day. I eat a lot of berries (I make a smoothie with raspberries, banana, blackberries and blueberries that's 16 grams), double fiber whole wheat bread, lots of veggies ...

You're welcome to look at my diary to see what I eat.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, about 35% of RDA!

Whole grain (double fiber) wheat bread, too.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I always seem to go over A bit on fiber - veggies mainly, and wholewheat cereal in the morning

You SHOULD go over the numbers they give you. Those are a minimum, and IMO, they're set way too low to begin with! I shoot for a minimum of 35 g of fiber daily.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over on my fiber target. I start out the day with 2 tsp of Psyillium Fiber Husks - ~3g fiber which doesn't get logged.
    But apart from that I eat quite a bit of vegies every day, and usually have oatmeal or a high fiber cerial for breakfast...

Mike
  • Crimson_
    Options
    mixed veggies, oatmeal, sweet potatos
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Fiber one cereal bars or granola work well for me.
  • suegmune
    Options
    These are my key items in my diet:

http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Ole/Tortilla-Wraps-Xtreme-Wellness-Tomato-Basil/12-70-oz/027331032012/

I get them from pricerite out here in Upstate NY. They have 12 grams of fiber, and 5 net carbs, so they are PERFECT....and they taste fantastic. I make breakfast burritos with egg beaters, cheese and salsa almost every day.

HIGHLY recommend them. They are pricey but SOOO worth it!!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Beans! Love pintos and great northerns. Been experimenting with lentils. Sara Lee 45 Calorie Multi-grain bread (doesn't have that overpowering wheat flavor). Thomas Light English Muffins with 1/3 fiber. Then it's fruits and veggies.

Good luck!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    avacado, apples, arnolds multi grain sandwich thins . . .