FIBER - how do you get yours???

Options
2»

Replies

• Oats, whole grains, nuts, and peanut butter! :-)
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Cereal (Raisin Bran Clusters & Honey Clusters) and Fiber One bars...
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Blueberries , berries in general every day. Veggies. Occasionally beans like pinto etc.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, whole grains - but I also supplement with psyllium husk.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    These are my key items in my diet:

http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Ole/Tortilla-Wraps-Xtreme-Wellness-Tomato-Basil/12-70-oz/027331032012/

I get them from pricerite out here in Upstate NY. They have 12 grams of fiber, and 5 net carbs, so they are PERFECT....and they taste fantastic. I make breakfast burritos with egg beaters, cheese and salsa almost every day.

HIGHLY recommend them. They are pricey but SOOO worth it!!!

Upstate, NY, is a great town, isn't it?
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Veggies! :smile:
  • jedinight32
    Options
    Kashi cereal, oatmeal and metamucil powder in water
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    vegetables mostly

yep, ^ this.
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    Fiber one cereal... Oatmeal and apples... I used to eat so much over 35g a day... But unfortunately it gives you terrible gases... Eating less now and I seem to be fine...
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm low carbing so I get most of mine from celeriac which has almost twice as much fibre as digestible carbohydrate.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Veggies, fruit, whole grains, beans & legumes.
  • FindingMyself239
    Options
    fiber brownie(90 cals)

oatmeal

apples

rasin bran cereal
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY try to go OVER what MFP suggests!! I'm a vegetarian so it's probably obvious I tend to meet/exceed the settings: fruit, veggies, beans!, nuts, seeds, oatmeal, and grains. Good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Veggies, nuts, berries, avocado. I eat 1-2 salads a day and I LOVE fresh guacamole. Get most of my fat from nuts and avocado too.

I would love to be able to eat beans but they don't agree with me... :ohwell:
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always get plenty of fiber and I have an open diary if you want to take a peek :). But mostly it comes from higher fiber cereal/oatmeal/breakfast bars and fruits and veggies. I like cinnamon burst cheerios or frosted mini wheats because they are delicious (and yes, they probably have too much sugar), Oatmeal to go bars, Fiber One bars (love the brownies!), plus I eat an apple almost every day and eat a lot of baby spinach salads. Special K makes a pink lemonade drink mix with 10 grams of fiber and it's really good! I'd start out with half though if you don't regularly eat a lot of fiber....
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, beans and yummy steel cut oats :)