Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 Day Shred

Anyone out there doing 30 Day Shred. Started today and My HRM said I only burned 86 calories. Is that right? I was sweating my *kitten* off and working really hard. That can't be right, can it?

Replies

• mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    I have did 1 1/2 rounds of 30DS a d I burned between 200-240. . 86 seems low
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    That seems low for that workout. I weigh considerably more than you, so it's hard to compare, but I typically burn around 400 during that workout. I would think you should have seen at least 200 for yours, esp if you were really giving it a good try.
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Wonder if I need a better HRM!?:smile:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Ooh...that definately does not sound right. I burn 282 but I do weigh a lot more then you. But my sister is about your size and burns at least 175-200.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    That's way too low - it's likely it wasn't picking up your heart rate correctly. Does it have a chest strap? I find that if I don't really get the sensors soaking wet before putting it on the heart rate shows lower than it actually is. Try that and see what your burn is.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Ooh...that definately does not sound right. I burn 282 but I do weigh a lot more then you. But my sister is about your size and burns at least 175-200.

ps. I love BSB...AJ is my fav :love:

LOL..didn't mean to quote myself...I'm a little slow today!
  • Your HRM is definitely incorrect.

I've gone through 30DS and on my worst day burned 187.

:)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    yeah, that doesn't seem quite right. When I do it I burn around 120. What kind of HRM do you have? Perhaps it's time to replace the battery.
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    You may need to replace the batteries in the watch or the chest strap, maybe both.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    I burn about 180-200 on Level 1 of the Shred at 145 lbs.

Is your HRM one that you have to update with your heart rate every so often? Or does it do it for you? I used to have one like that and if you do it would only use your starting heart rate to base calories on. I hope that made sense...
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks everyone! My HRM is just a cheapish one from Walmart. Might have to upgrade to a better one. Maybe a XMAS gift from the hubby!