No energy!

Options
So I think the Wisconsin winter weather has begun to take its toll on my energy levels and we haven't even gotten very much snow yet! YUCK! Any suggestions on how to help increase energy levels? Supplements, foods, etc? Thanks!

Replies

• teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I was the same way... sleep for 8 hours and then need a nap by noon! A friend on here suggested I start taking vitamin B12 supplements and I've been taking it every day for 3 weeks and there is SUCH a noticable difference. I don't think I've needed a nap SINCE!
  • lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options
    I start taking vitamin B12 supplements and I've been taking it every day for 3 weeks and there is SUCH a noticable difference. I don't think I've needed a nap SINCE!

I have same issue too! what kind of B12 are you taking?
  • LizzetteRamirez
    LizzetteRamirez Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try Rock Star energy drink , blue can that is zero carbs and only 10 cal.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree with the B12. I take them during the winter because the sun setting at 5 makes me so tired in the evenings and rain/overcast makes me want naps! :grumble: but I can tell a difference when taking the B12. :happy:
  • Kris10can
    Options
    Yes...B12 has worked well for me in the past..... and I was starting to worry how to stay motivated and energized over these next few months....gonna get me some B12 stat! :)
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    While, supplementation can be helpful, there is no magic bullet substitute for hard work. I have experienced this issue in the past. Having tried supplementations of many sorts this is what worked for me. Increase the amount of cardio you do. If that means adding 10 min to each cardio session per week or an extra cardio session. The increased cardio combined w/proper nutrition will increase your overall energy levels in the long run, not to mention you'll be doing that much more to be fit rather than taking a pill and hoping for results or receiving a placebo effect. You can do it!
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I take Emergen-c. It is a powder that you put into 4-6oz water. It has 1000mg of Vitamin C along with a lot of other vitamins (incl B vitamins). The C helps your immune system too.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'd been taking B12, but I was still tired a lot, and it turned out I was vitamin D deficient. My dr told me to start taking 2,000 iu a day, and I've really noticed a difference. Also, I had been waking up in the middle of the night with cramps in my calves and my feet for a few weeks, and that went away the day I started taking the supplement. I thought the hour of sun I got driving to work was enough, but apparently not.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I take these year round. Kirkland B-100 complex found at Costco, you can also find on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Energy-Complex-Tablets-250-Count/dp/B002WRQJZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322590583&sr=8-1
  • myshell26
    Options
    While, supplementation can be helpful, there is no magic bullet substitute for hard work. I have experienced this issue in the past. Having tried supplementations of many sorts this is what worked for me. Increase the amount of cardio you do. If that means adding 10 min to each cardio session per week or an extra cardio session. The increased cardio combined w/proper nutrition will increase your overall energy levels in the long run, not to mention you'll be doing that much more to be fit rather than taking a pill and hoping for results or receiving a placebo effect. You can do it!

This and drink lots of water. I cut out diet soda, added 85 oz of water and added an extra day of cardio and I have a lot more energy. Now, on my rest days, I am so antsy that I go for walks in the parks. LOL!