30 Day Shred and 100# overweight

Options
2»

Replies

• myshell26
    Options
    The 30DS was the first fitness program I started when I weighed 289+lbs. At that weight it was very difficult and I found myself extremely sore and exhausted. I saw good results and it helped me build endurance, but I dreaded it so much and I got so many knee and back aches from it that my doctor advised me to start off a little lighter. It made me feel discouraged to know that I couldn't do a 20 freaking minute workout without wanting to cry. It is a great program, but I recommend only doing it 2 times a week to start and doing other cardio based programs. Just my opinion. The goal is to find something you enjoy doing so you WANT to exercise. My current schedule (just for example) is: Monday- Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile Walk, Tuesday- Violet Zaki Weight Loss Cardio, Wednesday- Jillian Michaels 30DS and repeat. I throw in some strength training as well on the weekends. Mixing up workouts has really helped me stay on track (since I'm not doing the same thing repeatedly) and has prevented me from plateauing. Give it a try and see how it works for you. Just make sure to take measurements because you'll see more inches lost than weight.
  • Elyssa_38
    Elyssa_38 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, i currently have over 80lbs to go and i am doing the 30day shred . i would suggest to go for it but at your own pace it is intense but everything is possible. she does have modified versions so i suggest you start with those. i use to be 289 today i weigh 257 so they do work.