TOM....

Options
For the past 5 years I have been on Depo and have not had a period....Recently I switched to the pill because I gained an insanely large amount of weight because of the side affects of the pill. (developed depression, anxiety, and cravings).,..I would suggest not getting on the shot if you are thinking about it. Anyways I am having my first period and it has been soooo long since I have had one (since you dont have it on the shot)....and before then I was a 3 sport athlete who had her period only every few months and lasted a day. I have cramps and know that that is a disadvantage....however I have a question about bloating. How much weight do you normally gain during your period? I am 2 pounds heavier!!! Is that normal?

Replies

• stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's normal for me.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5lbs the week before my monthlies start and then usually by the day I get my period I have lost it again.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Um yea- and then some.

I go up 2-4lbs even though I average about 20 cups of pure water every day.

Fun times....
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i usually gain 5-10 at TTOM... it sucks.. and i have endometroisis (SP?) so craming is unbearable for me... I couldn't use pill because I got suicidal.. They tried me on alot of different kind too..
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is normal. Most people will not weigh themselves during TOM because of said side effects. Keep at, you are doing very well. :-)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Completey normal dear!. . . Some people gain even more than that. . So don't worry. . It is just water weight and will come right back off. . Pamprin may help to no feel so bloated though. . Hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from nothing to up to 3 lbs
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I gain almost 5 and it won't go away until AF does but it will go away so just work through it. Log everything stick to your calorie count and try to exercise like you normally would.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-4 the week before mine but usually by the time I start, its gone again.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Thats normal. 2 to 4 pounds here but it goes away.

Edit:
    By the way, If you get breast tenderness you can avoid that by eliminating caffeine.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I sometimes gain as much as 5-6 lbs but just keep your water intake up and that will help. It will dissappear and fast as it came!
  • myshell26
    Options
    I typically gain 3-4 lbs during my TOM, but I rarely feel bloated anymore. The thing that works for me when it comes to bloating discomfort is to make sure to reduce your sodium intake about a week before your menstrual cycle beings, drink tons of water and keep exercising.