personal question from women wth hormone issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• bahamachick
    Options
    I have horrible facial hair, I mean worst than any men. I tried laser it thinned it out but it always came back. Now Im waxing and its kinda under control. The doctor said I dnt have PCOS but i know i have a hormone in balance.

This can sometimes happen due to weight too, too much fat in the body can throw off the hormones resulting in excess hair and lack of periods. You should try save to go to the doctor, or watch if it changes with weight loss hope this helps.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ive been puttin it on my face for years .,

even though it leaves burn marks? That makes sense 0.o
  • ecalonge
    Options
    I used to use Nad's the natural australian honey based hair remover and it worked for me and was gentle on my skin. I would suggest not using chemical based removers on your facial skin. There are no chemicals in Nad's and you dont heat it up so it doesnt burn or damage skin like wax. When I used it it was a light green gel consistency and when you put it on it melted with your body heat and washes off easily with water. It's a little pricey (around $20), but lasts about 2-3 months depending on how much you use . You can use it anywhere on your body including face. You can find it at Walmart and Walgreen's.

• ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    Also check out this information

http://www.dhhs.state.sc.us/medicaid.asp
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Usually any place that does eyebrow threading (like Style India) also offer full face packages. You are not alone with this problem! I think the average price that I've seen is about $25-$35 and that includes your face, eyebrows, mustache, face. Call around to different places to get prices. I only do my eyebrows, but I can say the threading hurts WAY less than waxing or plucking.

eta: I go once a month.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    shave and wax leaves bumps so i use bleach cream for marks and keep it moving not my fault
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    dont have regular cycles
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    shave and wax leaves bumps so i use bleach cream for marks and keep it moving not my fault

there's also a nice product for bumps that's called "PFB Vanish"
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would definitely talk to a dr about the possibility of you having PCOS. You may want to do some research and see if you have any other symptoms. PCOS's symptoms vary from person to person, but with the excess facial hair and irregular cycles, I'd think you probably have it..... :frown: its no fun. If you don't have children yet and hope to in the future, get to a Dr ASAP! Most women with PCOS have an extremely hard time getting pregnant. If you can't afford a Dr, talk to someone at a nearby Health Unit or find your nearest Charity Hospital. That is what I had to do until I was able to afford insurance.
    Good Luck!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Please don't use bleach cream :(

Put/Take Vitamin A to help your skin ... It works for me as to I have very sensitive skin...

I'm sorry your going through this and I know it's so frustrating to have hair, marks, and bumps on your face but at all cost please don't use bleach cream.... :(
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use a hair removal cream...it works great and it's affordable...can be found at kroger or meijer :)
    hope this is helpful!

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/hair-removal/lotions-and-creme/brush-hair-remover-face