5'4 with 10-15 pounds to lose....who's with me!? :D

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    im 5'4" and have lost almost 35 lbs. ive been stuck for well over a month though. the last 10lbs are a B*TCH!

I'm 5'4 and need to lose about 8 pounds. (I'm more concerned with body fat percentage) I am going to start doing bodybuilding.com woman's lean & sexy bible. It's a twelve week program of strength training. My goal is to have arms and a back that look like yours. I'd like to lose 8 lbs of fat and gain 5 pounds of muscle. Long way to go!
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rcpayton
    Options
    Im in! Im 5'3 at 149 but have 20 to go...maybe a few more depending on how I feel when I reach 129. It truly is harder once you get closer to your goal weight and it can be very frustrating. Im focusing on watching my calories but have changed my MFP settings to only lose 1/2 lb per week based on some advice I received here. Plus, Im upping my circuit/weight training versus cardio. Still doing some cardio but Im really trying to build muscle to tone up and burn more calories with the extra muscle. So much work but SO worth it!!

WE CAN DO THIS!! :)
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5 and I wanna lose around 5-10 pounds!!!!!!! we can do this sista
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    You're all right..WE CAN DO THIS....:) Even if it takes a bit longer than we'd like.....
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and aiming to lose 7-10 lbs by Jan 7th, when I'm going on a cruise. I am trying out this 'primal' way of eating simply because I was SO freaking bored with the plain old regular carb, moderate protein, lower fat way of eating. So far I really like it. I just want to get back into athletic shape in general because this semester I've been working 45-60 hrs per week and I have gotten all...squishy!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You're all right..WE CAN DO THIS....:) Even if it takes a bit longer than we'd like.....

Heck ya we can! I'm planning for atleast another 6 months until I'm shredded! People think I'm crazy when I say I have 8 pounds to lose and plan on it taking 6 months. >_<
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    almost 5'4 and need to loose at least 10-12 pounds. It is hard for me to find the time right now as we homeschool and that is a priority. Not to mention getting my holiday tasks done. So I try to eat no more than 1800 cals a day. Drink lots of water. Stay active and hopefully the workouts will be back in routine here soon.

Good luck.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    im 5'4" and have lost almost 35 lbs. ive been stuck for well over a month though. the last 10lbs are a B*TCH!

Me too. Ugh.

I've decreased my calories to about 1400 per day and I'm not eating back exercise calories anymore. I tried that whole increase your calories to lose more thing and it did not work for me.

I run and do some exercise videos (mostly Jillian Michaels). I am hoping to break out of this rut I've been in. I'd like to lose 10-12 more pounds.
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    i'm 5'4 & 158 lbs i want to be around 130 - 135. i just need to stick with a plan, mainly what i eat.
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I am shooting to lose 10 to 15 by my bday which is in Feb. I eat a lot of protein and greens! I also do a lot of cardio (maybe doing a half marathon in March) and light strength training (which I hate but know its good for you)! You can do it just stay positive and motivated!
  • raptbricolage
    Options
    5'3" with about 10 left to go :) I've been stuck around this weight for the past two months or so (well, I actually got down about 5lb but then I went right back up, which was discouraging). I think my problem was undereating, so I'm hoping that MFP will help me stay right on my target net calories...not below and certainly not over!

We can all do this...and remember, everyone is already beautiful no matter what size or shape! So don't stress about losing the weight. We're doing this because we want to, not because we have to...so we can have fun while doing it no matter what our goals or how fast we get there :)
  • butterfly_
    butterfly_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is to lose 15 - 20 lbs. I've never been this heavy and I hate it. I'm cutting calories, some strength training, and treadmill. Trying to make better choices. Sooooo I'm with ya!
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'3" and sitting around 125. Looking to get down to 110-115 and stop the belly jiggle but I haven't been disciplined enough. When I'm on a roll I'm hitting the gym, cooking good food, doing yoga and generally feeling better. When I get off track I like to sit on my butt in pajama pants and eat pizza. I'd like to lose at least a couple of pounds before I go home for Christmas SO back to MFP!
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose around 15! :) How many calories are you guys eating? That's what I'm struggling to figure out.

I have trouble with that too. I try to follow the 1200 that mfp says, but that is so hard for me. I feel like 1500 is good, but if I try for less that usually results in me being hungry/miserable and then I eventually crave really high calorie foods like crazy.
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and stuck at about 138, I'd like to get down to 130. I have 3 kids, but the last 2 were really close together, so it became more difficult to lose the weight, but I'm down from 190... But the last few wks I kinda slacked, but now I'm good to go again. I do cardio dance(combines kickboxing, dance and boxing into 1) on the Wii, and climb stairs( I use my kids bathroom stool(about the size and distance of a normal step), it's what I can afford right now- it burns 250 calories in a 1/2 hr
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and it took me like 3-4months to lose my last 10lbs. I felt so frustrated I almost gave up entirely. Now that I met my goal weight (114lbs) I don't know if I'm concerned about losing more or just toning up my body. I'm still flabby in parts, but working on it. I found that I lost the biggest chunk quickly when I switched from 3 large meals to 5-6 small meals under 350 cals each. I ate a 1200 calorie diet and worked out with 20 mins cardio and interval training on alternating days. I do a mixture of jumping jacks, pushups, squats etc. There are a lot of lists of exercises available, just message me if you want the list of what I do. I don't feel like writing it all down if no one really cares hah.

Good luck everyone, don't get frustrated because one day soon it will all be worth it. I still have to tell myself to put down the cookie and walk around the house instead.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    oh me me!! I'm stuck at 130-133... it seems like the last pounds are the hardest to get rid off >.<
    well, i have a hard time with self-control.. i was doing so good and now i'm just falling apart.. grrr i need to find that motivation and self control pronto!

eta:
    i'm supposed to be eating around 1000-1200 calories daily BUT i've probably been eating around 1500-1800 :( oops
    and i don't work out BUT i just bought a treadmill ^_^
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Short and sweet...lots of us! I am 5'2...I have about 6 pounds left to my goal...but will see when I get there...I still have lots of jiggly that I need to work on.
  • kitkat9138
    Options
    struggling with the last 10 lbs as well. my problem is the sweet tooth! i've always been around 120 and its like my body refuses to go lower no matter what i do. hoping MFP keeps me on top of my calories and i see results..even if i have to wait another 3 months it'll be worth it.