Flip Floppin on my Goal weight...................

Options
So I originally chose 125 pounds as a goal weight when I started this journey....1/2 way in my honey told me he thought that was too little.....he thought 150-170 was perfect for me....well I set my goal to 150lbs, I just don't see myself at 150 when all is said and done. I mean I am 231 right now and 150 is hot, but I still think that 150 is not my goal weight. So what to do what to do..........at 150 I have 77lbs to go.....at 135 my ticker reads 94 to go...........

I think I answered my question.......I am gonna just set my tickers/goals for 50 pounds at a time and re-evaluate......that will give me motivation...........hehehehe Thanks Ya'll

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    So I originally chose 125 pounds as a goal weight when I started this journey....1/2 way in my honey told me he thought that was too little.....he thought 150-170 was perfect for me....well I set my goal to 150lbs, I just don't see myself at 150 when all is said and done. I mean I am 231 right now and 150 is hot, but I still think that 150 is not my goal weight. So what to do what to do..........at 150 I have 77lbs to go.....at 135 my ticker reads 94 to go...........

I think I answered my question.......I am gonna just set my tickers/goals for 50 pounds at a time and re-evaluate......that will give me motivation...........hehehehe Thanks Ya'll
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.self.com/health/2008/01/find-your-happy-weight

Here's a calculator I really like for finding a goal weight. I originally set mine too low (according to my Doc) because I wasn't allowing for more muscle mass. I'm currently about ten pounds heavier than I was at my "original" goal weight, but still the same size.:flowerforyou:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    personally I'd wait till you hit 150 and see how you feel about it then by the way your doing great:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

My husband told me that my goal weight is too little but guess what it isn't his body its mine so my goal is set for me not anyone else and he supports it-
    I told him if I don't like myself that small then I will gain some weight back but only if I choose too
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    So much depends on the individual and how you look and feel at a certain weight -- that's why there's a healthy range of weights for each height and not just one ideal weight. I used to think 125 was my ideal weight (I'm 5'7") but I was in the hospital for 6 weeks a few years ago and lost a ton of weight -- when I was discharged I weighed 129 and I looked HORRIBLE -- WAY too thin for my frame. I realized that sometimes the numbers can mess with our heads and make us focus on the wrong goals for ourselves. My goal now is to be at 140 with a health body tone and strong muscles . . .

So, I think you are right to try for a subset at a time -- 50 lbs is a good mini-goal, and each time you reach it you can re-evaluate where you are and how much more you realistically want to lose. You want to be at a weight that you can feel good at and maintain for a long time -- it's just as unhealthy to yo-yo from too thin to too heavy as it is to stay heavy.

Best of luck to you!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Here's a calculator I really like for finding a goal weight. I originally set mine too low (according to my Doc) because I wasn't allowing for more muscle mass. I'm currently about ten pounds heavier than I was at my "original" goal weight, but still the same size.:flowerforyou:

that thing told me that my "happy weight" was 108. :noway: I dont think so! I'd be skin and bones.

I think the 50 pounds at a time is a great plan, just see how you feel when you get to that weight, and if you want to lose more, go for it! Good luck!
  • sassiebritches
    Options

Thanks, looked at the self.com article and yup.....137 that is the ideal weight for me. Gonna do my thang and just see what happens, adding small goal ticker here so that will help. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

glad I could help:laugh: :laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    Options

glad I could help:laugh: :laugh:

Me too :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

What weight puts you at a healthy BMI Sass? Although I love ya at 231 he-he.....
  • sassiebritches
    Options

What weight puts you at a healthy BMI Sass? Although I love ya at 231 he-he.....

Healthy BMI would put my weight between 111 pounds and 150 pounds

blk-weight.png
  • sassiebritches
    Options

Healthy BMI would put my weight between 111 pounds and 150 pounds
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i tried that calaculator tonight, too, and it put me at 8 lbs below my goal weight (which was what I weighed in high school when I played sports and, you know, was younger with a better metabolism). 8 lbs lighter seems INSANE! When I made my original goal weight, I thought I was being a bit of a dreamer. Either my goal weight is not as far-fetched as I thought, or that calculator is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. :huh:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i think you should see how you feel at a certain weight and go from there, the mini goal sounds like a good idea

i just tried that happy weight thing and it says 113lbs, which i am just under now, so i know it is not my happy weight, my goal weight is 105.

Good luck with what you decide on
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options

It told me my happy weight was 141! I am 142 now! Nope, not the right weight for me! I think you set incremental goals and evaluate as you hit each goal. Don't make the goal too big...short and sweet will keep you on track!!
    Good luck:drinker: