Morning, mid-day or evening workouts?

Options
What do you guys prefer? Does it make a difference in results?

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I feel best working out in the mornings. I found that when I did my workout in the evenings, my energy was lower and there were so many things that could get in the way and prevent me from actually getting to workout.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I do the things I dread in the mornings.......circuit training and treadmill. I reserve the things I love for the evenings......Zumba or elliptical
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I do both. Although I prefer working out in the mornings. It does make me feel better for the rest of the day, knowing that it's done!! :)
  • gidgetsmiles
    Options
    Good question about the difference in results vs workout time of day. I wonder the same though I do prefer morning workouts.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The difference in results is so minimal, you won't notice it. That being said, the best time to do it is when you will actually get it done. :flowerforyou:

I personally like weight lifting in the morning and cardio in the evening. That's just what works for my schedule. I work third shift, so I guess on a "normal" work schedule I would be doing morning cardio and evening weight lifting. If I ever do the 2 together, I always lift before cardio.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can is basically my thing. Today was about 4pm, yesterday was about 10 am. It just depends when I'm not at work, in class or running around running errands like a chicken without a head!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I workout in the evenings because its the only time I can. I am not a morning person and NEVER get up early enough to workout before I go to school.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning because if I wait until the evening I'm either tired or full of excuses. :p
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Definitely mid-day for me. I try very hard to start my daily workout between 10am and 11am. I am lucky enough to be able to fit that into my work schedule. I think I have better results (for ME) because I have the energy to work my hardest. It's when I feel most energetic.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    on the days i have off i go mid day however on days i work i hate to get up early so i workout in the evening after work helps me to re-energize!
  • FatPandaBandit
    Options
    I know when I had softball I would hate waking up for early practice until i was a week into it. I have insomnia problems so working out in the mornings helps me a LOT. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to get to my gym in the mornings anymore so I just try to go after my homework is done and before my dinner. I can still sleep decently well with that, but I don' feel as awake as fast in the mornings