Help, Havent Lost A Single Pound

Options
is getting so frustrated, in the 26 days that i have been doing this i have been exercising 2 + hours daily plus drinking tuns of water and eating my calories properly and i haven't lost a single pound! I know weight loss is slow but really?!?! Should i try not eating my exercise calories? I started 26 days ago and haven't lost anything.

Replies

• sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    What you eat is a big part of it. Try cutting out proccessed foods and stick to lean meats fruits and veggies.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One small switch I'd suggest is swap the evening fat heavy snacks with a well rounded breakfast. Looked at your diary and most days you are not nearly eating your exercise calories. Your net is very low. Do you wear a HRM? Do you really burn 1500-2000 calories in an exercise session? That seems high to me, but I have no idea what kind of exercise you're doing.

Also some days your sodium is through the roof, although it looks like some delicious meals. :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If you're eating your exercise calories it's important that you estimate your burn correctly. The equipment at my gym grossly overestimates for me which I realised once I got my HRM a few months ago. I'd subsequently been eating close to my maintenance calories for a month of so which is why I didn't lose any weight!!

My HRM, paired with my food scale, have greatly helped me to be more accurate with my calorie burns and intakes, and the weight has come off more consistently since then.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising that much are you sure you're eating enough?
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Like kr3851 said, make sure your exercise calories are being accurately measured or stick to eating just half of them, something like that.

With that much exercise, are you sure you haven't lost fat and gained muscle? How are your clothes fitting you?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying don't work out..... But..try not working out for one full week. Eat your normal calorie goal. See what happens. Believe it or not exercising TOO much can hinder your weight loss too.

You re burning 1000+ calories a day.... It's crazy.

Give it a try!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If your burn is accurate then you may not be eating enough. In addition, try eating breakfast, that may help kick start your day.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing that you burn 1700 calories on some days? In your profile, you say you can't do anything strenuous due to the damage to your lung, so I am just curious if that is an accurate calorie burn, and if so, is that safe.
    A lot of your calories are coming from "empty" calories....ice cream, sodas, muffins that are high in calories and low in nutrients to fuel your body. I have a sweet tooth, too, but maybe try to cut out the sweets and eat more veggies and lean protein?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Invest in a HRM and a kitchen scale to make sure your exercise and food calories are as accurate as possible.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    What you eat is a big part of it. Try cutting out proccessed foods and stick to lean meats fruits and veggies.

this
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you eating alot of carbs?? Eating a whole bunch of carbs will make you gain weight, or in your case keep on your weight.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    have your thyroid checked
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Are you using a heart rate monitor to measure calories burned during exercise? You may be overestimating your exercise calories - especially if you are using what MFP calculates for calories burned. THis would be my guess based on a quick look at your diary. Your sodium also looks very high which can cause you to retain water.
  • kimibunny
    Options
    Are you sure you're burning 1,000 calories during your workouts? I'm not questioning your work ethic or anything, but that seems very high for anyone. It would certainly explain a lot if you were getting inaccurate data from your workouts. I also saw a lot of sodium in your diet. Sodium causes you to retain water which might be causing you to carry a few extra water-pounds around. Try cutting back on the salty foods and monitoring your exercise calories more carefully and then see if you get any better results.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey there, good for you for posting after 26 days...:-) Other posters here have good ideas. Try cutting out the KFC, the high fat items, the high sodium items. Watch the carbs. Go for whole foods, not pre processed or drive through. And yes, go a couple weeks without eating back exercise cals and see what happens. All of our bods are different, yours might just need a shake up to let loose of those pounds, and then watch out, you'll be losing before you know it!

-Terri
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I assume you are eating back all your exercise calories? If so, how are you estimating your exercise calories? If you are using the MFP estimates, they may not be right for you - you could invest in a heart rate monitor that will give a more accurate estimate, or you could try eating back only half your exercise calories and see how you go.

Also - are you weighing all your food? Every bite, especially any fat or oil?

Also - are you eating a lot of fast food? The calorie estimates given by chains tend to be underestimates.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    2+ hours a day is a lot and I'm a runner who runs about 1hour to 1:15 which is estimated to burn about 600 calories ( 6-7 miles runs)

Do you weight at night or the morning? It makes a huge difference and I would weight myself once a week in the morning. Now is your scale working properly? If there is nothing wrong with the scale it's either, you're exercising too much that your body is on starvation mode or your calorie calculation is off (which is very easy to mess up)
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Change what you eat. Cut out pop, processed foods, fast food ect.. try a healthier diet.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I recommend you check out Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure book. You have a lot of sugars in your diet and I think that may be sabotaging your efforts. For me, if I ate that much sugar, I'd gain back my 30 pounds lost in a few weeks. Good luck! :)
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i am asking for a HRM for christmas, alot of the exercise i do is wii fit, TUNS of walking and also i love to dance with my dance games for the wii, (mainly michael Jackson's experience) i have cut out a Lot of sweets from my diet except for the past weekend as i was away with my friend at her mothers place. The exercise is making me feel great! my friend said maybe i am losing inches first so i just took my measurements a few days ago. is it possible that i am losing inches first then pounds later? i am considered morbidly obese 5'6 and 243lbs and i dont think i have much muscle mass. though i do find my cloths are getting looser. i jjust really want to see a loss on the scale, maybe i will be surprised when i measure myself again in a week