Protein Peanut Butter Cups; No baking required!

Options
cirellim
cirellim Posts: 269
Ok I mentioned every night my last meal before bed is a little homemade protein peanut butter cup recipe and someone had asked me to post the recipe which is why I decided to make this thread. So here goes!

Things you will need / Ingredients:
-4.5 tablespoons of All natural peanut butter (Or the regular kind if your heart desires)
-1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (Choc pb, even vanilla or any other flavor can be substituted)
-1 scoop of chocolate casein powder. (The casein makes for a thicker batter and I only use it because I would drink a shake of it every night anyways so it worked nicely for me. You can use just a single scoop of whey or 2 if you prefer the cups will still turn out great).
-1 tablespoon of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
-About 5-7 grams of Stevia or some other 0 to low calorie sugar substitute (The amount on this one is really just preference I've used as low as 3 grams or as much as 8-10 all up to you)
-6 Foil baking cups; I prefer foil for the durability
-I use a baking cup tray to keep the cups in good form while being in the freezer.
-One somewhat large bowl to mix ingredients

Ok these are the ingredient amounts I use only because I save all my fats for the very end of the day and these fit my macros/daily calories perfectly. You may obviously need to adjust them according to your caloric allowance and/or macronutrient needs. This recipe with the given ingredient amounts I list should make 6 rather large peanut butter cups. If you wanted to make them the size of a reese's it can probably make more like 8-9.

-For starters, begin by taking your tablespoon of hershey cocoa powder, 5 or so grams of sugar substitute, and 1-2 scoops of protein powder and putting them all together in a mixing bowl.
-Slowly add small amounts of water like 1/8's of a cup making sure to mix the ingredients after adding a small amounts at a time until you get it to a batter type substance.
-I use prefer to use a little extra water so that I have slightly larger cups but that is not necessary other's may like the thick chocolate batter much more just play with it.
-Take your foil baking cups and place 6 of them in the baking cup tray
-Add a bottom layer of batter to each of the foil cups and then place in freezer for roughly 25-30 minutes.
-Remove from freezer and take your natural peanut butter and place a chosen amount (as allowed by your goals) into each cup. It breaks up evenly for me to add about 12 grams to each cup. But I've done as little as 8 before and they came out great.
-Place back in freezer for about 15-20 minutes and let the peanut butter harden up.
-Take out of freezer and add the final layer of your batter over the hardened peanut butter.
-Any toppings you'd like to add can also be added on top now such as cinnamon, brown sugar, whatever the case may be, I tend to just leave them plain.
-Place the tray back in the freezer for another 25-30 minutes or until as hard as you desire and your protein peanut butter cups are complete.
-I know its a lot of taking out and replacing them back in the freezer which is why in time constraints I've skipped the 2nd freezer time and just put the peanut butter on the hardened bottoms and put the batter directly over the peanut butter. That way it cuts out the extra 15-20 minutes and allows for a quicker make.
-Last step, enjoy and feel like you're cheating when you're eating a perfectly healthy, tasty, little treat! Hope you all enjoy!

Replies

• ToniAnn411
    Options
    Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!
  • nowornever78
    nowornever78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! Thanks :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious.....I may have to try to make a version of those that would fit into my daily allotment!

thanks for sharing!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    They sound great! Thanks!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • rensker
    rensker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Can't wait to try this :D
  • tobi459
    tobi459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I think I love you
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    evil thoughts of what I could do with some PB&co dark choc dreams & this recipe :happy:
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    Options
    Mmm...homemade peanut butter cups, can't wait to try. Thanks for posting
  • muskiemama
    Options
    Bump
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stephabef
    Options
    I'm making these right now, but had to cut the recipe since I ran out of whey protein after one scoop! I'm also adding a couple of tablespoons of almond milk rather than water.
  • stephabef
    Options
    Ok, epic. Here's what I used with my limited supply:

4 tablespoons Smuckers natural crunchy PB
    1/4 cup almond milk
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 hazelnut flavored Splenda (only sweetener I had on hand!)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 scoop Designer's Whey chocolate protein powder - wish I had more of this!

The only issue is that they melt pretty fast after you take them out of the freezer. Delicious, though! My batch made 4 at 127 calories a piece. I ate half of one and was satisfied.
  • makemeover428
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I love love love Reese's. Did i mention im coocoo for peanut butter and chocolate. Definately trying this one:love:
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to try this asap.