feeling so down

Options
2»

Replies

• CLAinFLA
    Options
    When I had lost 25 pounds, no one really noticed, and I was wondering if all my effort was worthwhile.

I happened to be at the grocery store and realized how much I had achieved when I saw the size of a 25-pound bag of dog food and lifted it. I decided right then I surely didn't want to put that much weight back on my body!

That encouraged me to keep going, and I've continued to lose. Total weight loss to date: 34 pounds, and I'm going for more!

Just stay with your program and it will work. Best to you!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    40 pounds is incredible! You are doing so, so well. But everyone has those down days where they get depressed about how they look and that progress isn't happening quickly enough. Remember that the weight didn't come on overnight, so it won't come off overnight either. Stay focused and committed, and you will get there.

Every morning, tell yourself that you're beautiful. It may feel silly at first, but eventually you'll believe yourself and it'll make start increasing your self image!!

Keep your head up, J!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thoughts like that will only create more and more things thoughts where you focus on all the things you don't like. Start thinking more about things you DO like, no matter where you are. You might like the sound of the rain, or a familiar song, or the way you children? dog? friend? does something. Even just focusing on those things will give you a more positive outlook on the rest of your life. Things are not as bad as they appear. :flowerforyou: Best wishes.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    When I had lost 25 pounds, no one really noticed, and I was wondering if all my effort was worthwhile.

I happened to be at the grocery store and realized how much I had achieved when I saw the size of a 25-pound bag of dog food and lifted it. I decided right then I surely didn't want to put that much weight back on my body!

That encouraged me to keep going, and I've continued to lose. Total weight loss to date: 34 pounds, and I'm going for more!

Just stay with your program and it will work. Best to you!

Oh my...what a great concept!

We all have our down days...I certainly do and I'm struggling just to get back to where I was this summer. But 40 lbs is a huge accomplishement and one you should be really proud of!