December Challenge with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options
Hello, Fellow Walkers.

We are a small group of walkers who use the Leslie Sansone walks for our exercise routine and who post our progress and support each other in meeting monthly walking goals. Although originally a walking group, we have evolved into a very open, free-style support group. Some walk, some do strength training, and some mix it up. Everyone has different schedules and is at varying levels on their weight loss journeys, so you set your own goals; the only one you are competing against is yourself, and the group is here to offer motivation and support.

If you’d like to join, just introduce yourself and post your goals for the month. Check in as often as you can --- daily, weekly, whatever works for you.

The SWAT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds originator) and the name stuck. For those of you not familiar with Walk Away the Pounds (now referred to as Walk at Home), they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. There are four moves to each workout (walk in place, kicking, knee lifts, and side steps), and most workouts offer modified movements for a beginner or someone who needs a less strenuous walk. They range from one mile (about 15 minutes) to five mile (about 80 minutes) walks and can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are available at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. They also can be rented from Netflix or downloaded from the Internet, and some cable providers have them available in the Free Zone.

I found this group last year, and it has helped to keep me on track (and accountable!) with regular exercise. I missed my goal in November, but want to get back on track, especially with all the holiday goodies that will be everywhere! My December goal is to walk for 60 miles for the month (an average of two miles per day). Hope to walk and support along with you this month!

Elaine

Replies

• brasslady1
    Options
    I would love to join this group as I have just started doing the walk away the pounds with Leslie...Just don't know about how to post what I'm doing or where to post it........
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Brasslady--Welcome!:flowerforyou:

You just make a goal and then post here how you are doing. You will find this thread under 'My Topics' on the Community tab.

I'll be back tomorrow!:happy:
  • patience842003
    Options
    This is great! I love the walking videos. I have the 2 mile and the 5 mile. I'm looking in to getting some others.
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm back for December. Thanks for starting this again AZChatter. Appreciate it! I'm setting my goal at 60 miles. I'm trying the challenge on the Leslie website so I'd like to succeed at both! Good luck to all of us and welcome to all the new challenge walkers.

Patti
  • Luneytoonz
    Options
    Did 5 big miles today. I love how quickly the time and miles pass on Leslie's workouts. It's really great. Hope everyone is having a good start to the month.

Good night all.

Patti
  • Luneytoonz
    Options
    Good morning!

2 miles with intervals this morning. Not sure how to log the calorie burn on that. Does anyone have a simple calculator for figuring out how many calories are burned during a workout? Thanks

Have a great day!

Patti
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Welcome, Patience, and "Hi!" Luneytoonz!

I have set a goal of 70 miles for December and I'm not off to a very good start!

I forgot I had an early morning class at the local Worksource office and then I met a friend and went to lunch, did a bit of shopping and got home really tired. Only a little over a mile in yesterday.

I WILL get back on track, though!

December goal--1/70
  • Luneytoonz
    Options
    Hi walkers!

pmjsmom---sometimes it takes a while to get back into a routine for exercising. You're trying and that's what matters! You know I missed a few months while we were planning my daughter's wedding, but I'm back now and happy I'm here!

Another 4 miles today. We're going to the Kris Kringlemart in Chicago today so I should be logging a few more miles by the time we get home. Should be fun. Have a good day everyone. Walk, walk, walk!

Patti
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--3/70

Got 2 miles in yesterday--not my best effort but better than the day before.

I have GOT to finish the decorating today and get to work on the cards!

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--5/70

2 more miles in--better than none!

Decorating is finished except for a few Christmas-y knick-knacks I want to find a place for. Cards will be started today and gifts are 75% completed.
    Once I get all this done I'll add to my walking and workout time.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

Glad to see everyone is off to a good start for December. I'm determined to stay on track this month (hence the train for my ticker!). I did the three mile Super Fat Burning (Thursday), the three mile Walk Your Belly Flat (Saturday), and the two mile Big Burn (Sunday). It's great to have a variety of tapes to keep it fun.

Patti, I use the MFP exercise Walking at 3.5 mph Brisk Pace to log calories. It's pretty much on target with the heart rate monitor I use (actually about 20 to 40 calories lower, but I figure it's better that I underestimate calories burned).

Have a great week, and keep walking!

exercise.png
  • wyndesnow
    wyndesnow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm a few days late but need to make myself more accountable and walk more (like I used to).

December Goal - 60

Have a great day!

Wendy
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone!

December goal--7/70

2 miles yesterday. Not bad but I sure hope this knee gets better so I can go for my walks again!

AZChatter--How did you manage to get the ticker?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 40 miles (I do other workouts too, but I love Leslie).

Now - gotta make a ticker......
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--8/70

Only 1 mile yesterday, though I did get some strength training in, too.
  • wyndesnow
    wyndesnow Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This was just what I needed! I got a walk in yesterday and am looking forward to my walk in the afternoon today.

December Goal - 3.5/60
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    I know I'm a little late but I would like to join. I have several of the Leslie Sansome tapes and used to use them daily but have gotten out of the habit so by joining this challenge I hope to get back.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    December goal 6/40

Fri - 2 from 5 Really Big Miles
    Sun - Leslie's Basic Stepping (big hair alert!)
    Mon - 2 from 3 Really Fast Miles

Gotta throw in some more oldies but goodies......
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--10/70

I better get moving or there is NO way I'll make my goal! I'll get lots of walking in today as I am going out and will be walking almost everywhere! (I don't drive.) I won't count what I do in the stores but I will count the in-between walking. I am going to downtown Olympia and then to downtown Lacey (where I live)--no mall for me!

Welcome, 1grammie! :flowerforyou: It's NEVER too late to join us!
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Managed 2 miles today. Used to do 3 miles easily but today was struggling to keep up for the 2 miles. Guess it will take a little while to get back in shape.