10 kgs unrealistic in a month?

Options
Hi all.
Just wondering is it unrealistic to lose 10kgs in a month?, Is it possible? have any of you done it and how did you go about it?

This week i have lost 4kgs. i know not every week will be like this but i would really like to drop 10kgs in a month as a good kick start!
what i have been doing ;

Calories 800-1200 a day
And hitting the gym every day. sometimes even two times.

looking forward to hearing from you all

Replies

• RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ^bump...even i wanna know :flowerforyou:
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    The more you weigh the quicker you will lose, so maybe. I wouldn't expect any constructive replies to this thread, people do not react kindly to crash dieting/not eating enough.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Well, I lost 10 kilograms in 5 weeks a few years back because I was very unhappy. I was eating about 150 calories a day. If you want to you can, but is it healthy? No... and you'll put it all back on and more.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    As in 22lbs?
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ^bump...even i wanna know :flowerforyou:
  • Rewinds
    Rewinds Posts: 60
    Options
    Depends on your starting weight.

It may be possible but it will be unrealistic to maintain unless your diet remains 1200 calories after the weight loss.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Just wondering is it unrealistic to lose 10kgs in a month?, Is it possible? have any of you done it and how did you go about it?

This week i have lost 4kgs. i know not every week will be like this but i would really like to drop 10kgs in a month as a good kick start!
    what i have been doing ;

Calories 800-1200 a day
    And hitting the gym every day. sometimes even two times.

looking forward to hearing from you all

could you lose it? yes. could you keep it off? unlikely.
    our bodies need food to survive and whilst limiting your cals that much you will not get adequete nutrition you need.
    also, when you up your cals you would start gaining weight like crazy. why not just be healthy about it and go slow and steady?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but that is VERY VERY unrealistic. 2 lbs a week (or 1 kg) is the MOST you should aim for . With the exception of the morbidly obese under strict doctor's supervision.
  • psmhirons
    Options
    Healthily i would say yes, its unrealistic and you would most likely gain it back quickly as soon as you stopped beating yourself up.

I would aim for maybe 5kgs in a month, remember you body needs fuel to work so whilst going to the gym twice a day is great your body will need extra food/energy to not break down.

By all means try for 10kgs, but its not healthy to lose weight that fast.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    FWIW - I think it is unrealistic and unhealthy. Not only that, but people who do this bounce right back, and then you have another event and you want to lose weight ... it becomes a yo yo diet. Find a goal weight and work on staying there. Just my opinion.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It would be incredibly hard for you to maintain if my maths is right and you're aiming for a 22lb drop? It would be detrimental to your health. Plus, you should be eating more anyway if your exercising. 1200 a day is the bare minimum, for when you're sedentary. 800 a day puts you at serious risk of plateau's and health issues. Up your calories, and aim for an 8lb drop in a month.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Definitely unrealistic and not really healthy. Healthy weight loss is 0.5 to 1 kg per week.
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you have a huge amount of weight to lose yes it is possible bearing in mind that some of it is water weight as well! However my opinion is it is advisable to lose slowly like 1kg a week so a maximum of 4 kg/month is healthier. Personally eating below 1200 calories is not recommended because to sustain this over a long period is hard and you do put your body under unnecessary strain especially if you working out two time a day! Try and Enjoy your journey of weight loss by doing it gradually and with great healthy food:)

That said ,this is my opinion entirely.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    That 20lbs or a stone and half. How much do you weight? If you weigh over 300lbs maybe.
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    If you are eating that few calories and losing weight that fast you should reconsider.

That is to little food.

Simply to little, unless your body weight is like 100 pounds already and you are a very tiny person.
  • JRhinoC
    JRhinoC Posts: 22
    Options
    That's roughly 77000 calories. Doable, yes. Healthy, no.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you are eating that few calories and losing weight that fast you should reconsider.

That is to little food.

Simply to little, unless your body weight is like 100 pounds already and you are a very tiny person.

Who are you? What you done with the REAL Karg? :(
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It depends how big you are now. It's possible but probably not the best option. I started at 137kg and in just over three months have lost 18kg. I've had ppl tell me that was too quick. You're at least 30kg lighter than I was (based on your profile)

Quick fixes don't last. Listen to someone who kept hoping for the impossible. Ultimately you end up disappointed and give up when you don't hit you goal.

Congrats on the 4kg lost!
  • PepperMan98
    Options
    It's definitely doable, I have lost 15kg in the last 70 days or so, and I by no means killed myself. I still ate about 2400 calories a day, and burned 1000 off in the gym. Now, the tricky part is keeping it off after losing it that fast. 1kg/week is easy to keep off, but 2.5 is a lot to do. You will have to work hard to maintain it for a while until your body learns this is the new norm, and you aren't trying to kill it. FWIW...
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ok men really shouldn't comment on these questions using personal experience. Women don't lose as fast as men. Period.