Burger King Commercial

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with Burger King using that song "I like Square Butts" to sell kids meals??? I know they are advertising it like that because Spongebob is square but I just don't think they should be using Butts to sell to childre, round or square. I'm no prude but to me that is just wrong.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with Burger King using that song "I like Square Butts" to sell kids meals??? I know they are advertising it like that because Spongebob is square but I just don't think they should be using Butts to sell to childre, round or square. I'm no prude but to me that is just wrong.

Memaw
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    I agree! That one part where the king is looking at the butt of someone who isn't a little girl, but close enough, just completely creeps me out!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    I used that commercial for a project to show how fast food companies are brainwashing kids. It's a sick commercial. I mean, at the end he says "Booty is booty". Now if they had spongebob shaking his thing, or maybe even football players of something, it would have been fine. But using sex to sell children? That's sick and wrong.:noway:

I'm amazed that commercial isn't banned. It's not right to show that to kids. Adults, sure. Kids, no way.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    I really think most of Burger Kings commericals are inappropriate! The King is just creepy!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    very simple solution

dont buy that crap

the end
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I totally agree....I couldn't believe what I was watching...
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    I can't stand that stupid king they use it is just annoying :grumble:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I was going to say that I've never seen or noticed the commercial
    My kids don't watch much TV but when they do (only 4/5.5) it is ONLY kids TV (not even that Nick Jr crap) and they are supervised
    I prefer shows that are taped/DVR/educational or movies that we have screened/appropriate
    I think we need to focus more on parents/supervision/responsibility and less on society as far as 'brainwashing' our kids

It annoys me when society is being blamed for over weight kids....this may be a touchy subject and every situation is unique
    BUT what about looking at the parents that buy the food, cook the food and how much activity the kids have (sports etc)..again which falls on the parents

Just my thoughts

Kim
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    I also screen what my children watch, however, if I am watching the news while they are doing their homework, and happen to walk in on inappropriate commericals, they see it and it catches their attention cause its spongebob.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Hi

My kids don't watch much TV but when they do (only 4/5.5) it is ONLY kids TV (not even that Nick Jr crap) and they are supervised
    I prefer shows that are taped/DVR/educational or movies that we have screened/appropriate
    I think we need to focus more on parents/supervision/responsibility and less on society as far as 'brainwashing' our kids

I annoys me when society is being blamed for over weights kids....this may be a touchy subject and every situation is unique
    BUT what about looking at the parents that buy the food, cook the food and how much activity the kids have (sports etc)..again which falls on the parents

Just my thoughts

Kim

how can you think straight with those glasses on?

but you are right....parents must take responsibility for what their kids eat and what they watch on tv
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    very simple solution

dont buy that crap

the end
    Ditto....very well put!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

Memaw

I agree.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    :angry: I agree! It's sick and reprehensible to have children marketed in that way. That "King" has totally creeped me out since day one when he appeared in bed with some guy.

I don't know if their marketing is making them more popular with the younger set. When they first came out with the creepazoid I read where BK was trying to get a new "hipper" version of Ronald McDonald. It sure doesn't make me take my kids to BK any more, of course I never took them there much before that either.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I think the commercial is hilarious personally-
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    very simple solution

dont buy that crap

the end

AMEN!!
  • memaw66
    very simple solution

dont buy that crap

the end

AMEN!!
    I don't go there and don't buy that crap but I'm afraid that won't make the commercial go away, if anything, they will come up with even MORE ill placed ads!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Hi

It annoys me when society is being blamed for over weight kids....this may be a touchy subject and every situation is unique

Just my thoughts

Kim

Good point-- My kids are so busy they don't have much time for television and my kids actually watch animal planet and stuff like that where they can learn- How ever my girls are very busy in playing outside school as well as their sports so really no time to veg out and they like it like that and so do I because I think its ashame how lazy american kids are not to mention how fat they are.- Then again kids are eating the same as there parents and their activity levels are the same
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Hi

Just my thoughts

Kim

I disagree entirely. Why should parents be weighed down by the task of raising their own children when science has created the perfect baby sitter in the form of electronic images transmitted over the airwaves? What good is the technology if it doesn't give us enough time to enjoy being selfish?

I swear, there's always that one person who thinks that just because we can reproduce, we are somehow "responsible" for the offspring we bring into this world. How dare you, missy!!!! I mean, really, do you honestly think these tiny people are important enough to sacrifice anything for?!? Puh-lease!!!! :explode:

:wink: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

Just my thoughts

Kim

I disagree entirely. Why should parents be weighed down by the task of raising their own children when science has created the perfect baby sitter in the form of electronic images transmitted over the airwaves? What good is the technology if it doesn't give us enough time to enjoy being selfish?

I swear, there's always that one person who thinks that just because we can reproduce, we are somehow "responsible" for the offspring we bring into this world. How dare you, missy!!!! I mean, really, do you honestly think these tiny people are important enough to sacrifice anything for?!? Puh-lease!!!! :explode:

:wink: :laugh:

At first I thought I was getting a serious lashing...

Kim
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    I think it's funny...only because I like the original song :laugh:

I don't have kids so I can't weigh in on if I think it's appropiate or not...

I think it could be worse, they at least covered the butts by making them square lol :tongue: