Low carb, low fat takeaway lunches?

Options
Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for a low calorie, low fat takeaway for lunch? I am tired of making my lunch (salad) every day for work and would love to mix it up with some takeaways to give myself a break.

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have subway most days (because it's right by my work!) and it works in well, as long as you have a good long look at the nutrition info and know what's good and what's not! It's useful in that it has all that info there, whereas the local hare krishna or malaysian or whatever doesn't tend to give that information
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    also am a huge fan of sushi, and fresh fruit! I had strawberries dipped in choc yoghurt as a snack today, under 200cal but felt super indulgent :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    A break from making sandwiches and salads? ....
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    But...sushi is a good one...about 6 small pieces is ~ 200kCal and tastes nice... Plenty of supermarkets do low calorie low fat ranges too for take out.
  • beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    subway isn't that good for u... as much as they say it is, eat simple, more veggies and fruit for lunch the better:)

grilled veggies/roasted veggies are good..

salads are good but if you getting bored for them then sushi is okay, just depends what u like to eat.. if u plan your day out before u eat it u can see how many calories which sushi is and how many calories u have left:) hope it helps
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My occasional escape from my power salads is also subway or sushi - either in moderation cannot be bad for you!!
  • Aroz25
    Aroz25 Posts: 40
    Options
    Sushi is one of my favourite takeaway foods because it is so healthy but only if you know which ones to choose. Stay away from anything battered or teriyaki. Salmon and avocado are one of the healthiest, also the vegetarian rolls but salmon and avo is my personal fave :)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A salad sandwich or a bought salad from Sumo Salads...you can choose what you want on it....lettuce and 5 others...just wear your glasses...I got a bug once and fortunately my daughter told me BEFORE I ate it!!
    Cuppa soup (boring beef) is low in calories too and a slice of toast....or homemade fruit salad!!
    Good luck :)
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Thanks guys. I forgot about Sumo Salad...and I had sushi today, and it was such a nice change!!!