T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Kristi, I logged and the carbs are super high... Really went over and I followed it to the T.... I am going to give it a week and see what happens.. Thinking I can follow it and modify it a little bit... But seriously, today the plan has me eating a lot of bread :huh: I am a big fan of bread and I've been able to kick the habit... I think I will modify the meal 3 with lettuce wrap or a low carb wrap...

Everyone else, good morning.....

I did my exercising last night - I never do that but I kinda wanted to change it up.. I did 40 mins on the treadmill, wogging... I did 2 miles in 30 mins.. the rest I didn't keep track.. i just stopped at 40 mins.. Did my biceps, triceps, squats and abs... I'm sore this morning so I will again exercise tonight and then tomorrow I am off so I will exercise late morning and try to get back on the morning train.. I think I read somewhere that it's good to change it up and trick your body..

Tough night, the dogs were up and down all night... :noway: I have 2 malteeses and they need to learn to hold it.... I was excited the husband got up with them but each time they managed to wake me up..

Well I am off to get myself ready for work....

Anita
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning team,

I am still alive.. moving really really slow... My whole dang body hurts:sad: :sad: ... but I did soak in my
    hot hot tub.. for about an hour or so...then took a muscle relaxer along with an motrin!!! so I took a little nap then I watched the Detroit Tigers baseball and Dancing with the stars.. Then I went to bed!! The First time I ever went to bed before 10 pm LOL :laugh: :laugh: well I am deffinatley taking today off I have a Dr. Tomorrow to check me out!! make sure I am okay.. I liked walking yesterday and the day before... but I guess I just need to make it not so far as of yet!!! I was just so excited cuz last year I couldn't even walk two houses... so afte a few days of rest and the dr says its okay I am going to get back at the walking.. although when you put the walking in there you cant acount for the wind you have to walk against.... cuz where I walked was from my cousins to the park and once you get into the park its along the water and it is absolutely beautiful... My cousin kept telling me to turn around and go back I was like I want to make it to the end!!! she was like okay Rocky so now she calls me Rocky!!! she is so silly...anyway enough about me...

Dara - I hope everything works out for you at the Dr. I have both osteporosis and osteoarthritis... but
    I am only 38 and I dont want to give up... and just sit here and wither away with all my issues LOL I just cant give up... so good luck...

Kristi - I am very proud of you for Keep going and not throwing in the towl and giving up... I really enjoy your incouragement and motivation so never give up... cuz you and the rest of the team keep me going... as for listening to my mom!!! I have a hard head and I think I can do it .... lol I just forget that I am old and handicaped... and think in my mind I can do it.. until I get out there and I hurt so bad!!! I guess I need to listen more... Those shorts are just so close to me sealling the deal I just dont want to give up!!! I can acctually feel my hip bone when I lay on my side.. I havent been able to do that in a long long time....I do love my elliptical!!! I like it because I can burn more calories on it...I just push myself on it!!! but I love my water areobics better.. I wanted to go to water areobics last night but I was so so so sore I made it home posted then to the hot tub and to bed!!! then got up watch tv and back to bed lol I didnt even care to eat LOL..

Get_Fit - Your are doing great on all your Exercise... Keep up the Great work....

Healthy mom - Keep up on the great times.. you are doing Great....

chanty - dont worry about those stress pounds just get back into the grove and you will be just fine.. have a great vacation.. I have 2 weeks and 3 days before mine.. I so cant wait!!!

Well Team I will check back in later hope all is well and I hope my body feels better soon!!!

Sheila
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    :noway: Great job on the exercise ladies! Thanks for all your encouragement on the wogging. I had to change my ticker today because I am down 20 lbs!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok, since I dont know how to put quotes on top of quotes here goes

Waddles and Healthymom, - thanks so much for the encouragment. I plan on winning this thing. My biggest competitor is actually a 65 y/o lady who lost the most inches on a pryor Weightloss session. Congrats on the 20 lbs loss Healthy. YGG

LI4G - those snack packs on their porches is an awesome idea. Glad there are people out there who understands me :laugh: I;ll bring gift baskets to the next meeting how about that. Warm owee gooey donuts and something to drink with high fructose corn syrup.:laugh: :laugh: Its boys and girls together like on the biggest loser show.

Lulu - I dont know if I ever told you I like the pic of you , it is so cute. If I could get to you I would love to give you a haircut. This is great motivation people are giving me and I am so glad I am back on the threads with you and the rest of them. You guys crack me up. I wish I was in this weightloss competition with all of you to be able to see everyone in person. I would still spike everything with high fructose corn syrup. :laugh: :laugh: JK but I would love to meet you all.

Kristi - I promise I didn't touch the bottle. Yeah, I'm in Michigan, eastern time so it was almost noonish. On the other hand, (piss-on) LI4G. My money is on you or FOR you which ever way it goes :laugh:
    I dont know if you drink or not but if you do try the PERFECT MARGARITA by Applebee's Mmm Mmm Mmm.:happy: Makes moma happy.

If I forgot anyone I am sorry but THANK YOU TOO and a big HELLO to all the newbies.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning, ya'll, for some of you it's nearly noon. I was MIA yesterday because I developed a migraine after working out. Well it had started the day before as a headache but doing the new elliptical and getting my heart rate up there pushed it over the edge. I had hubby go buy me Diet Pepsi last night, nothing else was working, and that seemed to help, and so I am drinking it today too to keep it at bay. So much for kicking that habit right now!

I don't know what my body is doing right now, I'm slowly inching up on the scales... it doesn't seem to be sodium, I did a report of the last week, and I've been good on cals, not too few, and except for one day, not too many... the only real difference I can think of is that i haven't been wogging... and not burning quite as many cals as i was... but I have been tireder and napping in the afternoons, fighting some bug or the migraine... it shouldn't be tom water retention any more... i dunno... so i'm just watching and see what happens, I don't really want to change up my food intake right now, because it's only a week, and I'm eating how I'm supposed to, so I want to see what happens. Worse case scenario I gain a pound or two in the next few weeks keeping at this eating level and learn that my body doesn't want me to eat back all my exercise cals or something. Either way, I'll learn what's going on. Because I KNOW I'm being good and logging everything and not eating crap, and when I go over cals, I log it... last night I thought i was (fried chicken breast from albertsons) and couldn't log it - but then it ended up being just right when all was said and done. Whew!

Kristi, that picture of the puppy and kitty made me LOL - my kids came running to the computer "what mommy? what's so funny?" and of course they don't get it and they think I'm crazy.

Healthymom congrats on the loss!! Way to go!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Ok gang Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all to all of you woggers - I say CONGRATULATIONS - GOOD JOB - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I have been experimenting with the wogging on the treadmill this morning - nothing compared to what yhou all do but an accomplishment for me. It will definitely be in the working in the following days.
    Ya I got in a little exercise after work but wanted to post before I go to bed

renayeb - I can't put quotes on quotes either so I do it like you do it. Good -luck with the competition. You can do it girl.

healthymom - CONGRATULATIONS on the 20 pounds - that is terrefic.

Dwray - good luck at the doctor. let us know what you find out.

Sheila - I hope you check out ok at the doctors. Be careful girl - you got such a beautiful trip coming up.
    I also wantg to tell you that you are an inspiration to me everyday through your posting. You always keep on going and going. Keep it up girl!

Anita - trying to change my exercise routine also to shake up things. Also changing the eating too. Treying hard to watch the SODIUM. let me know if anything works for you. It is so hard for me to change when I have to sleep in the afternoon

Kristi - let me hear what you have on those headaches girl. Still having them. These last few days when the sodium was off the board - I began to think they were sodium related. I will read it through and give me your opinion also. - if there is something you think migfht be far fetched let me know.

To the rest of you hello - getting tired so tyhping is getting ready to quit here. It is bed time for me. I will probably check in quickly tonight. I want to get in some more exercising - eat and watch the firstg hour of Biggest Loser before work.

Adopt4 - your last post I remember is the one where you where going to die on the floor - if you posted since then - sorry but I am joining Kristi and the boys for a pile on. Get up or let's see who can put who on the bottom
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok gang Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all to all of you woggers - I say CONGRATULATIONS - GOOD JOB - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I have been experimenting with the wogging on the treadmill this morning - nothing compared to what yhou all do but an accomplishment for me. It will definitely be in the working in the following days.
    Ya I got in a little exercise after work but wanted to post before I go to bed

renayeb - I can't put quotes on quotes either so I do it like you do it. Good -luck with the competition. You can do it girl.

healthymom - CONGRATULATIONS on the 20 pounds - that is terrefic.

Dwray - good luck at the doctor. let us know what you find out.

Sheila - I hope you check out ok at the doctors. Be careful girl - you got such a beautiful trip coming up.
    I also wantg to tell you that you are an inspiration to me everyday through your posting. You always keep on going and going. Keep it up girl!

Anita - trying to change my exercise routine also to shake up things. Also changing the eating too. Treying hard to watch the SODIUM. let me know if anything works for you. It is so hard for me to change when I have to sleep in the afternoon

Kristi - let me hear what you have on those headaches girl. Still having them. These last few days when the sodium was off the board - I began to think they were sodium related. I will read it through and give me your opinion also. - if there is something you think migfht be far fetched let me know.

To the rest of you hello - getting tired so tyhping is getting ready to quit here. It is bed time for me. I will probably check in quickly tonight. I want to get in some more exercising - eat and watch the firstg hour of Biggest Loser before work.

Adopt4 - your last post I remember is the one where you where going to die on the floor - if you posted since then - sorry but I am joining Kristi and the boys for a pile on. Get up or let's see who can put who on the bottom

Lisa, we are online at the same time! I just wanted to point that out! Now, back to read what everyone has been up to!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    sorry about all the typing errors in the above post - TOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED to correct them right now
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm up! I'm up! No dogpiles!!! :tongue:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Morning gang, short post then I am off to exercise. weight_lifting.gif

Anita, thats a great idea about changing some things to lower carbs in the meal plan you are following. I have a hard time being creative like that, but I am learning. Will you replace the bread calories with something else, like veggies, or dare I mention it again, MEAT? Keep us in the loop! Good luck!

Renya - I am confident you can beat the 65 year old gal! Especially with your sneak attack! dde85913-1.gif Thanks for the tip on margaritas,:drinker: that will have to be for li4g, I am no longer a drinker. Gave up that addiction 30+ years ago. Today, I do drug and alcohol counselling. So, full circle, I guess. Been thinking, when I gave up alcohol, I prolly just switched to food. So, now I am FINALLY getting a handle on the underlying behavior! Slow learner! :blushing: But, I am geting there, and so are you! Good luck on the contest. I don't expect you to have to ante up any dollars for gained lbs!

Rocky aka Sheila - it is so cool that you now can walk 7 miles at a time. I totally get how you feel. When ever I used to go anywhere with friends or family, I worried about two things - and I mean really worried! The things were, how far will I have to walk from the car, and will there be a chair big enough for me when I get there? Well, last night, I went out to dinner with some friends (which, by the way, I did a great job of planning ahead and ordering healthy fare). We parked about a block away. After parking, my friend who was driving turned to me and said, "Oh, I forgot, I should have dropped you off at the door." I, on the other hand said, "No problem! But thanks anyway." It was only a block, but it was so nice to stroll along with them! So, I get you - but an injury puts us on the sidelines my friend, and we don't need that! You are doing so great. Rocky is a great name!

Healthymom - 20 lbs!! happy dance for you!!! fatbellydancer.gif Nice to see her again, isn't it!

Adopt4, oooh. Kicking caffine is a bugger! When I did it, I bet I spent a week dragging around. My legs felt like lead. Headache. Yikes. So, I think the leg aches were more from the sugar than the caffine. Since then, I have learned that increasing your Vit B12 intake about a week before kicking the habit is a good idea. You know what I like about you? You do the personal research and figure things out. Thats way cool. Being in touch with how you body feels and why it feels that way is kind of a new thing for me. Been ignoring the poor thing for so long! Good luck on that!

Lisa, here are a couple of websites with information on migrane and its possible relation to diet. Pretty interesting stuff. The first site is sponsored by AstraZenica, and I am a big conspiracy nut about big pharma, so I take it with a grain of salt, but still - its an interesting thing to think about and look into. Their website has a common trigger matrix, which is interesting. In the diet catagory, they mention the following foods: chocolate, nuts and peanut butter, cheese yogurt, sour cream, red wine and other alcohol, {winks at renyab} processed meats and MSG. In the lifestyle catagory, they mentioned emotional stress, depression, lack of sleep, exercise or over-activity and skipping meals. Hmmm! When I first started on MFP, I was trying to do what I always did before, which was STARVE and lose a ton of weight quickly. What used to happen was I could maintain that for a couple of weeks, and then I always gave it up. So, I would lose about 15 or 20 lbs, then regain them plus ten. Great program! :grumble: :grumble: Anyway, that was trying to stay well below 1200 calories a day. At 1200 calories, I was still having headaches, so my fitness/nutrition coach smacked me upside the head and said, listen, eat at least 1500 calories a day. So, I did, and the head aches went away and the pounds keep going. Today, I eat around 1700 calories a day. So, TMI, I know. The last two websites are more research based, however, they seem to agree that aged cheese is a likely trigger. Good luck with all that information.

http://www.zomig.com/migraine-trigger-chart.aspx

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/food-related-headaches

http://www.nutrition4health.org/nohanews/NNS02DietMigraineHeadaches.htm

Adopt4, I see you are up. About time! :wink: :happy: animals.jpg

Love you guys!

Hmm - not so short!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Kristi - Haha, I hope that they are!

Sheila - I know, I will get back on track...I almost am already!:smile:

It has been so nice and sunny outside, I think I am going to go read my book out there!:smile:

Hope it is all sunny out everyone else's windows as well.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    ...And here's me finally showing up at 2 p.m. (Ontario, Canada) time and trying to catch up.

A pleasant surprise for me today. My mother called me up, offered to take me to the grocery store...and she paid for them! Holy cow...I have such a lovely mom. So I loaded up on fruits and vegetables - and all's right with my world.

I was actually trying to take a personal day today, but that's not working so well for me. With fibromyalgia, I've learned, I can go out and do a bit for a day or two, but then I need to plan a very quiet day. Planned on sitting, watching trashy TV, painting...
    But somehow, I managed to find myself standing on a chair, trying to hang wallpaper in my bathroom. Even worse, turns out the glue is too old to stick to the wall. (I buy most of my furnishings at flea markets or thrift stores...Guess you get what you pay for...) So then I had to scramble with the all-purpose glue before the paper completely fell off the wall.
    I think that counts as some form of exercise, doesn't it?

On the topic of artificial sweeteners...I read somewhere that Splenda is okay for fibromyalgia. It's got different ingredients (maybe no aspartame?) Can anyone confirm?

A side bonus to watching my calories...I'm getting creative in the kitchen again. For awhile, I'd gotten into the habit of microwaving...a lot. But I'm using the slow cooker again, trying to be creative. Today's soup is chicken broth, mixed vegetables, 1/2 cup leftover risotto, diced tomato and green onion...
    Loads of spices...
    I think I'm going to use the soup as my main course and just add salad and fruit.
    (We have fruit again! Lovely!!!)

Anyway, better go and eat my late lunch. And drink more water. I'm just learning how to drink water again. I've worked my way up to 4 - 8 oz. servings a day...

And oh yeah...I love the pictures and stuff everyone adds. I'm a wee bit jealous because I'm not technically advanced enough to do that...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    chantybear...It's cold and rainy here. I'm in Southern Ontario...Canada.
    Where are you?

Please send a bit of your sunshine my way...:happy:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just checking in..

I weighed myself today.. Very happy with the results....

I have lost 3 yes 3 more pounds..

My first 30 gone gone gone forever!!!!!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Healthymom ~ YAAAAAAYYYYY you!!!!! I'm so doing a dance right here in my living room for you!! I am very happy for your progress ~ I'm right behind you friend!

Renayeb ~ Uh-huhhhhh, I see how you work - The margaritas and donuts you toss as bait. LI4G is a baaaaaad influence:laugh: We must keep you two separated!!

Getfit - Exercise shakes??? You are really hyper-exerting! Wowser - it's not often I reach that level of intensity in a workout, but when I have, I feel really good about what I've done. You go!!

Kristi - I quit smoking two years ago this week - when I quit I figured I would replace the habit with food - it's just so common for people to gain weight when they quit smoking. I decided that I would allow myself to not stress about the weight and just concentrate on not smoking. That is why, here I am two years later and 40 lbs heavier than I was then and now trying to conquer my over-eating issues. I think it's typical to trade one addiction for another. That said, I'm so glad I don't smoke anymore I refuse to complain about the changes I am now having to make - I'm glad you don't drink anymore too. Now we are just on an adventure to reframe the way we think of food. I'm happy you could walk with your friends to the restaurant! I'm happy I can go to a restaurant and not think before hand about whether or not I can smoke there. I LOVE that we are all in a position to choose to make our lives better! Aren't we a fortunate bunch of folk?!?!

I am off to the grocery - gotta take a break from typing - and my son has my car so I'm going to drive the giant 3/4 ton truck we used to haul stuff this weekend! Yippeeee - me in a big truck:laugh: :laugh: I need a step stool to get in the thing!!

Later gators!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!

Kristi- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That cat sorta looks like my nilla!

Nitag- woohoo!!! congrats on the 3lbs gone!!

Indiana- welcome to woggers world! Start out slow and be sure you stretch good before and after. It really does make a huge difference!

30 minutes on the "hard" elliptical this morning. Wasnt sure I would make it the whole time. My legs felt pretty rubbery from yesterdays intervals. I told adopt4 when we hit the 2 minutes left mark that my legs were getting really tired.. LOL She was like "suck it up... only 2 more minutes" :laugh: Then we went and swam. I did about 40 minutes in the pool so my total today was another 1000 calories burned. That seems to be my magic number every day now.

Just came home and got some lunch. Now Im off to get a hair cut. Havent had one in 2 months and I desperately need one. Also gotta take my car through DEQ so I can renew the tags since they expire in a couple days. Almost forgot about that!

I'll check back in later tonight...:wink:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Cyndee - I do not trust splenda..I find it has a disgusting after taste! I just stick to regular sugar, but less. You should try agave, it is a little pricey but really good! You do get a lot more creative in the kitchen when you cannot(or will not) eat the high cal boxed crap! I live in BC, it was warm and sunny, but now it has clouded over, oh well I already did my reading outside.

I have been cleaning..blah! Hope everyone else is doing something more fun!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    anita - 3 pound whooo hooo!!!! that is great....30 pounds down is just awesome

Indianagranny - dont do what I did and start out to far to fast!! Take your time and start out with a mile or two then add more the next week then more each week after that... Take it from me... My body hurts mostly my left foot and calf... The rest I can deal with.. and do what Li4g said and make sure you stretch really good... it makes all the difference..

Li4g - be sure to share your hair cut with us... cant wait to see the new you!!! I love the elliptical I am able to do 1 hour on it... I like it cuz you can burn more calories on it then the bike or the treadmill but like walking you have to start out slow.. remember when I first started MFP i could only do 2 minutes on the elliptical and now I am up to 1 hour .....

lulubar - Have fun at the greocery store... I would need a ladder to get into that truck as short as I am LOL... My sister has a big truck and she has to park next to curbs just so she can get into it...

I am starting to feel a little better but my foot hurts really bad!!! I just have to stick to my water areobics and elliptical for now!!!

Kristi - I am very proud of you... Keep up your good work and making us all laugh and smile...

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Cyndee - I do not trust splenda..I find it has a disgusting after taste! I just stick to regular sugar, but less. You should try agave, it is a little pricey but really good! You do get a lot more creative in the kitchen when you cannot(or will not) eat the high cal boxed crap! I live in BC, it was warm and sunny, but now it has clouded over, oh well I already did my reading outside.

I have been cleaning..blah! Hope everyone else is doing something more fun!

Hey, just wondered, have you ever used Stevia? What do you think?

And, Cyndee, all natural products might be a good thought - at the very least, it would be interesting to experiment and find out if you are allergic to any of the foods you are regularly eating. I copied this from the International Food Information Council. Just something to think about!

"What Is a Food Allergy?

A food allergy is an adverse reaction to a food or food component that involves the body’s immune system. A true allergic reaction to a food involves three primary components: 1) contact with a food allergen (reaction-provoking substance, virtually always a protein); 2) immunoglobulin E (IgE-an antibody in the immune system that reacts with allergens); and 3) mast cells (tissue cells) and basophils (blood cells), which when connected to IgE antibodies release histamine or other substances causing allergic symptoms.

The body’s immune system recognizes an allergen in a food as foreign and produces antibodies to halt the “invasion.” As the battle rages, symptoms appear throughout the body. The most common reaction sites are the mouth (swelling of the lips), digestive tract (stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea), skin (hives, rashes, or eczema), and the airways (wheezing or breathing problems).

Allergic reactions to food are rare and can be caused by any food. The most common food allergens, known as the “Big 8,” are fish, shellfish, milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts such as walnuts, cashews, etc. Symptoms of a food allergy are highly individual and usually begin within minutes to a few hours after eating the offending food. People with true, confirmed food allergies must avoid the offending food altogether.

There are numerous misconceptions regarding allergy to food additives, preservatives, and ingredients. Although some additives and preservatives have been shown to trigger asthma or hives in certain people, these reactions are not the same as those reactions observed with food allergies. These reactions do not involve the immune system and therefore are examples of food intolerance or idiosyncrasy rather than food allergy. Most people consume a wide variety of food additives and ingredients daily, with only a very small number having been associated with adverse reactions.

There are also some adverse reactions to foods that involve the body’s metabolism but not the immune system. These reactions are known as food intolerance. Examples of food intolerance are food poisoning or the inability to properly digest certain food components, such as lactose or milk sugar. This latter condition is commonly known as lactose intolerance."
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    <- me with bangs. She butchered them good cuz I told her I was tired of keeping them out of my face!