Help me tea lovers!

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
My boss is a fan of tea. She usually just gets the lipton ones to drink at work. I thought I would get her some tea or a tea gift set for Christmas. Anyone know of some good tea?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    teavana!!!!!!
  • jsymo
    jsymo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Christmas time and cold weather is a great time for spiced chai tea. It's my favorite. They come in all sorts of flavors but anything spiced chai this time of year would make a great present!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    I've learned that people who like Lipton...like Lipton, period.
    So, maybe you can just get him a Lipton sampler or, if you're brave, a moderately priced black tea.
    Like silvergurl518 said: teavana works!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Earl Gray is a good tea.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like Tazo. But if you have a shop in the area that carries loose-leaf teas, check there. Sometimes they have some really neat and different flavors. You can find them online, but they're really, really pricey that way.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    For gifts and special occasions, I really like the Tazo teas. The China Green Tips is delicious, and the other ones I've had I really like too.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you are a regular tea lover, most folks like the Twinings teas. I drink Lipton, but I enjoy Earl Gray and Orange Pekoe, and their Irish teas is good too. They have sample set. Just be sure not to get some herbal crap. ;)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    NUMI Rooibos (Earthy vanilla south african healer) I drink 3 or more cups of this tea a day; it has a real mellow taste and is great hot or cold!
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Does she like traditional fancy teas? Loose green teas are pricey but good for fancy tea lovers. Pu'er tea is earthy but also for the snobby tea person with the desire to have healing powers.
    Also you can go to David's tea if you are in Canada (I think it's only Canadian) :P
  • HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Lipton lovers comment and would suggest a nice glass tea mug. I don't know why but tea tastes best in a glass mug!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Twinnings and Celestial Seasonings are really good. Bigelow has some cool black tea flavors. Stash is also good.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Tea Pigs!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Teavana is nice but expensive!

Stash is good too. Less spendy and they offer really nice variety gift packs on their website.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    If you think she might be up for something a bit stonger you could go for PG Tips.
    Otherwise, Archer Farms has some tasty teas at Target. Tazo is another good brand.
    I enjoy Teavanna but they can be a bit spendy. If you go for the loose leaf tea route you may want to consider getting her a tea infuser as well or she'll have the tea but no way to steep it.
    Check your local stores, there might be a tea shop in town and they'd have everything you need!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've learned that people who like Lipton...like Lipton, period.
    So, maybe you can just get him a Lipton sampler or, if you're brave, a moderately priced black tea.
    Like silvergurl518 said: teavana works!

I agree with this... Lipton is a very weak black tea and doesn't taste anything like the stronger teas you're likely to find in a (black) tea gift sampler. So... unless your boss has an adventurous palate (which she probably doesn't if she drinks Lipton every day), then I would not get her black tea. Maybe go for some herbal teas? Numi is a line of organic tea that is really, really good. Tazo is also nice. Hope you find something that works! :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I really like Tazo and Harney & Sons. The earl grey in both brands is great.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    For gifts and special occasions, I really like the Tazo teas. The China Green Tips is delicious, and the other ones I've had I really like too.

I like Tazo too - we have it at work.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Lipton comment too. Does she drink sugar and cream in her tea? Maybe a nice set? Or what about one of those mugs with the tea pot on top? You steep your tea in the pot and then pour it in the mug?
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Teavana is a great place to stop if you're giving the gift of tea.

Knowing that your boss drinks Lipton means that he or she doesn't have any taste to speak of, so your search should be easy.

If you want great tea and you're willing to order it online or over the phone, Capital Teas [http://www.capitalteas.com/] is phenomenal. I haven't had a bad tea there. I usually stick with a simple Darjeeling.

Maybe if you don't know his tastes you could get him a nice French press? Encourage him to develop his palate.
    -wtk
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Twining is amazing with a lot of options and gift assortments.