What's for breakfast, Lunch, and dinner?

Options
Thought this could help others who struggle with what to eat who are trying to either lose weight, gain muscle or whatever. Please when ya post, add what it is you are working toward right now.

Me I'm working on losing weight, inches, and toning.

Breakfast - Coffee and a small bowl of oatmeal

Lunch - Water and another bowl of oatmeal (I really need to hit the store lol.)

Dinner - Skinless boneless chicken again, not sure exactly how I'm gonna cook it besides in the oven. With Broccoli steamed, and I don't know maybe some red potatoes again lol. Thinking maybe I'll make some scallop potatoes out of red potatoes. Trying to figure out how to do it without so many calories. 2% cheese? I don't know. I'll figure something out.

Replies

• aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight and this is the plan for today :)

Breakfast: Bran cereal with skim milk and a small banana and a spooful of peanutbutter
    Snack: Light string cheese
    Lunch: 4 gg whites, one egg, 1/2 a diced red pepper, .25 cup of mushrooms and a meduim potatoe diced upp and all scrambeled together.
    Snack: Apple
    Dinner: Turkey breast, cottage cheese, veggies
  • ljholmann
    Options
    Hi,
    Your breakfast & dinner sounds the same as mine. I alternate between baked chicken & baked pork chops. Some sort of steamed veggie & usually a potato. I get so tired of the same old thing. Does anyone have suggestions for ways to cook chicken or pork chops in the oven, other than:
    Bread Crums
    BBQ Sauce
    Italian Dressing
    Lemon Pepper
    Tony Cachere's Cajun Spices
    I am just looking for something different.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    I'm trying to build muscle, and lose a little flap.

Breakfast-- greek yogurt with kashi golean! crunch, and a half of banana.
    Lunch-- avacado ranch tuna salad on whole wheat bread.
    Dinner-- chicken penne pasta and a spinach salad.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I met my original goal but trying to lose a few more inches and maybe another 5-10 lbs without losing muscle tone. I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner today so I'll put yesterday's food I know that.

Breakfast - cup of chocolate soy milk

Lunch - black-eyed pea salad and veggie sticks (celery/carrots) with pb

Dinner - turkey w rice & oats and green beans, mushrooms sauted in olive oil, wine

You didn't ask about snacks but they were: a can of low sodium V8, almonds, a cup of milk and an apple
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Focusing on losing fat and inches.

Breakfast: protein shake, some grapes, 2 egg omelette with a bit of feta cheese and turkey
    Lunch: grilled chicken salad with some parmesan and a bit of dressing
    Dinner: Probably chicken breast and some sort of vegetables
    Snacks: more protein shakes... I am a poor lazy college student and it's awesome to just blend a cup of milk and a scoop of powder and voila! food! :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Trying to lose fat and gain muscle

Today...

breakfast: protein shake with raspberries, avocado, banana, cinnamon, milk, and protein powder
    snack: Greek yogurt and raw almonds
    lunch: sweet potato with 1 TBSP smart balance light, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp Splenda brown sugar blend
    snack: protein shake with avocado, milk, flax seeds, and protein powder
    supper: protein shake with avocado, milk, banana, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, and protein powder

You caught me on a shake day. lol They're really yummy, and I have avocado to use up!

yesterday...

breakfast: protein shake with milk, protein powder, avocado, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, and Greek yogurt
    snack: honeydew melon
    lunch: sweet potato (same as today's)
    snack: raw almonds
    supper: turkey soup (chicken tortilla soup but made with leftover turkey instead of chicken), sans chips, sour cream, and cheese.
    late snack: ice cream with Hershey's syrup
  • mhughescmu
    mhughescmu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Training for my first half marathon (May 2012) and my ABE goals (abs by Easter)
    Build endurance and eat as clean as possible

Breakfast: 6-8 egg whites scrambled or omelete with spinach, red onion and mushrooms. Fruit of some sort, primarily berries. Cottage Cheese and 1-3 times per week I will add a meat. Turkey bacon or Canadian bacon. Both are high in sodium so I double my water intake those days to help flush it through my system. Also try and have toast 1-3 times per week.

Snack: Pure Pro 50 Banana Cream

Lunch: Almost always chicken (12-16 ounces) or fish Mondays: Indian, Tuesdays: Sashimi, Wednesdays: Salad with grilled chicken, Thursdays: Roasted chicken with sweet potatoes, Fridays: Chili or sliced beef with small side of pasta.

Snack: Edamame (double serving) or cottage cheese

Dinner: All over the place. I love grilled fish and veggies. Also have probably over 100 recipies for chicken, flank steak and turkey. I usually will have potatoes two times per week, baked or mashed. At least two different vegetables with the meal.

I love to cook and do a lot of prep work on the weekends processing food into single size portions. I will roast 3-4 whole chickens and break them down for use in recipies. Fresh vegetables as well. I try not to eat processed food at home, and really watch the ingredients when I go out. I travel for work often and go online to look at menus before eating different places. This helps research what not to eat as well as 2-3 options of what is healthy.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose fat & inches.

Todays menu:

B/fast. Maxicol fibre & soy protein shake made with water.

Lunch. Smoked Tofu Salad with dressing from an Appetite for Reduction recipe.

Supper. *Cajun stew with homemade seitan, quinoa & steamed greens.

Snacks. Pear, green grapes, booja-booja trufles x 2 Green & Black chocolate (mini bar).

Drinks. Water.

I'm already a veggie but I'm trying to go vegan to see if it helps my asthma. Dairy is making me cough like crazy ATM.

* Homemade stew with onion, root veggies, mushrooms, tomatoes, seitan and a hot 'cajun' spice mix.