So last night, we were out for my daughter's b-day at Red Ro

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
I thought to myself, hell why not. So I orderd a Royal RedRobin burger. Holy mother of &)*&^(&(*_.

1191 calories just from the burger. hahaha. Oh and I ate the fries too. (1600 calories total) I just happened to skip breakfast that day.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/red-robin/royal-red-robin-burger. ended up 590 caloires in the red that day.

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Your making me hungry
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    Imagine my Horror when I first started, and went to Chili's and ordered my favorite burger. The Southern Smokehouse with Avocado. 2,400 calories. In the burger....
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    its fine as long as it doesn't happen too often :-)
  • alynk
    alynk Posts: 27
    Options
    I have not found anything healthy at Red Robin... but then I always get sucked into eating their fries dipped in campfire sauce!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's only one day. No biggie.

But, I bet you've learned a lesson from this. I'm AMAZED at the calorie totals for restaurant foods. Now that I'm paying attention to them - HOLY GOODNESS! No wonder we are an obese society with a screwed up view of portion sizes!
  • msShari1
    Options
    Those fries are dangerous! But really delicious!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's shocking. I think about how I used to eat...like that, on a very regular basis without thought.

Nowadays, I still have that kind of stuff, but once in a while.....and often, I feel like crap after I eat it, so then I want it less the next time. One here and there won't kill us...but daily or even weekly just might.....

Live and learn, right?

:smile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

But, I bet you've learned a lesson from this. I'm AMAZED at the calorie totals for restaurant foods. Now that I'm paying attention to them - HOLY GOODNESS! No wonder we are an obese society with a screwed up view of portion sizes!

I knew they were bad but not THAT bad. But it was good, real good. The greasy fried egg in the middle.........................:heart::bigsmile:
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I went to an event at the mall a few wks ago and we stopped by the food court. I got one slice of pizza from Sabarros and it turns out that the one (not that yummy) slice was 730 calories...I had enough cals because of all the walking I did. I won't eat there again....
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Went there for my son's birthday a few months ago, the food was horrible!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

I knew they were bad but not THAT bad. But it was good, real good. The greasy fried egg in the middle.........................:heart::bigsmile:

LOL.

Last time I went to Red Robin (which was.. oh, probably 8 months ago).. I had the salmon. Figured it would be good, right? WRONG. It had something like 600 calories in it.

Really? Sheesh.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, pizza's diabolical. even the thin crust types can pile on the kcals faster than you can say "pass the parmesan."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    WTG
  • MommyLyssa
    Options
    I did this last month. I agree whole heartedly!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    i_hug_that_feel.png?1300595876
  • e_morr
    e_morr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went to RR the day before I started my diet, as a "last hurrah", and yikes, I was just like you - burger/fries/water == 1463 calories, but what floored me was a whopping 77g of fat and 2496 mg of sodium! Still, it was good though.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's crazy to see how many calories food has! I used to love nachos-- but no more. At Red Robins I like to get the small hamburger with a side salad with lite ranch dressing. Then I snag a few of my son's fries and call it a meal!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmm
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Where we live, the county has mandated that calories be posted on all restaurant menus. It has taken ALL of the fun out of eating out.

(sigh) If I want burger and fries at McDonald's, then I order a happy meal. It's the only value meal on the menu that doesn't bust up my numbers too badly. FTW, sometimes I get a really cool toy.

Take a look at the Turkey Avocado burger at Ruby Tuesdays. 1171 calories and 58 grams of fat. From a TURKEY burger.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It's crazy! I get a little stressed out when I got out to eat sometimes!