Wii Fit????

Options
Can someone please tell me about this? We don't have any type of video games or anything, so I'm totally clueless? Also how much would it be?

Replies

• NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me about this? We don't have any type of video games or anything, so I'm totally clueless? Also how much would it be?
  • Zipflipnflutter
    Zipflipnflutter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wii fit you can buy for 89.00 but you need the Wii system also which last I knew was 249.00
    I have it ..it is awesome,
    It has games/exercises which include yoga, strength training, balance games and aerobics.

It tracks your progress (weight, BMI, etc.)

I definitely recommend it ..i use it everyday!
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use mine every day too. I've had it about 5 months now and still love it.
  • tinarigdon77
    Options
    ITS GREAT!!!
    IT IS A LITTLE HIGH BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    If you want to progress in stages, you can just by the Wii and get the "My Fitness Coach" game for it . . . I find that is actually a better workout overall than the Wii Fit. But I love my Wii Fit, too -- it tracks your weight and progress for you, has a good mix of cardio, strength, and balance games, and is just a great addition to my workouts.
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    The Wii is about $250 and comes with one controller, one nunchuck and the Wii Sports game

another controller + nunchuck is another $40

So just for the basic Wii and being able to play 2-player it's going to cost you $300.
    The Wii Sports that comes with the console can get you sweating, if you play the boxing, but the other games aren't all that intensive (even less if you only do wrist flicks to perform the actions instead of full swings).

Wii Fit is an add on balance board that comes with the Wii Fit game, which contains some yoga, strength training, and simple cardio workouts. Wii Fit costs $90.

All in total you're looking at $400 for all this. Now, if your son and husband are into the Wii, it might be worth the purchase, but if it's just for you, I personally, would spend my money on workout videos and exercise equipment like a step, a balance ball, a heart rate monitor, and some dumbells.

If you are going to get the Wii and want a great workout, again personally, I prefer the "My Fitness Instructor" over Wii Fit for exercise.

Wii Fit is somewhat fun, but I can burn far more calories in an hour using My Fitness Instructor than I ever would in Wii Fit.

The only purchase you should really own is a nice heart rate monitor for My Fitness Instructor. My Fitness Instructor can also use a step, dumbells, and the balance ball for ab and upper body exercises, but these are more advanced and depending on your current health you may not even see this equipment used in your workouts (or you can choose to never use them, but to get the BEST workouts you probably should).
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have purchased a heart monitor, I'm just waiting to get it in the mail. The Wii sounds like a lot of fun! Right now though, I can't afford that, so it'll have to go on the Christmas list. It'll be great to have something like that around winter anyway, so I'll have to remember.

Thanks again!