Have you ever read a book that CHANGED your life(style)?

Options

Replies

• cheyenneandcosmo
    cheyenneandcosmo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Bible

Yeah..same for me!!! Great choice of book =)
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow I am loving your responses...even your jokes! I would love any other suggestions. I am book hungry and am loving the new convenience of a Kindle Fire.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
    We read this for my freshman psych class. It was a little hard for me to get as a sheltered 17 year old but I've been meaning to read it again
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I am Hoping that the New Rules of Lifting for Women is about to change my life. Or at least my body

*two week countdown*
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, I haven't turned my books into Kindle versions yet. Sorry.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Like someone else mentioned, "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. COMPLETELY changed the way I look at what I put in my mouth; it changed what I buy and what I eat.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Diet for a New America by John Robbins.

Ditto.

+2

Very good book. I also like The China Study and Eat to Live
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    not fitness related: "The Rules" By Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider
    Seriously changed my way of going on dates/being back into the dating world, for the better :)
    It does mention fitness in it tho, just not fully based on fitness/working out
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    Zen habits: handbook for life :)
  • Jholt47
    Options
    Spike Diet by Russell Branjord
    I have it on my kindle!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the Walking Dead: Compendium One and I am definately starting a strenuous running routine. The fat people always get eaten first and my husband told me he doesn't have to be the fastest...just faster than me!
  • StrongerJess
    Options
    Diet for a New America by John Robbins.

I looked this one up on Amazon, and they say that his new book "Food Revolution" is basically a rewrite of "Diet for a New America" with newer information. I am going to try it out. Thanks! Keep them coming!
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    Conversations with God was pretty awesome. Whether or not you believe the premise, it still has some pretty good answers to some fundamental questions.

I'm agnostic and I think this book series is bad *kitten*!
  • StrongerJess
    Options

Ooh! I love his blog. Maybe I should check out his book. Thanks for the suggestion!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The gospels, even though I'm an atheist now, still have a huge influence on my life. The teachings against hypocrisy, against using people for my own ends rather than caring about their welfare as I care about my own, the admonitions against harboring ill will and hate, even in my inmost heart, the commandment to love even my enemies, to bless those that curse me, to wish good for those who mean to cause only evil, all have shaped who and what I am.

I'm not saying this is a good thing, not in the world I live in, if anything, it's detrimental to survival, much less to thriving. Nevertheless, these are the words that have had the strongest influence on me in my lifetime. It's a pity so many so-called Christians have been less influenced by them.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Green Eggs and Ham
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • plinke
    Options
    Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Serioudly...I'm kidding by Ellen Degeneres

The Janet Evanovich Series -:smile:
  • KaylaTie
    Options

Ooh! I love his blog. Maybe I should check out his book. Thanks for the suggestion!!

YES-if you love the blog you'll love the book on your kindle. Great reference point!