pregnant? just trying to maintain? friend me!!

Options
So, I'm not new to this site, but I'm in a different situation from when I started in January. I lost 60 pounds as of august and then got pregnant!! Yea!!! So, needless to say, I stopped keeping my food diary and havn't been on MFP very much since. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and keep track of what I'm eating so I gain a healthy ammount of weight ( not the 70 pounds I gained with my daughter!) I'm looking for some friends that are in a similar situation or just trying to maintain and be healthy!!!!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You may be interested in looking at some pregnancy sites too. The only one I can think of right now is BabyFit, but I know I used several others as well. They have food trackers that focus on the specific needs of a pregnant/nursing mother. Even if you continue to use MFP for all of your logging (the food database here is better than when I used those sites), you can at least get the macro and calorie suggestions from those sites to input as your goals here. Congratulations and best of luck! If you can find a prenatal (or even aerobic for elderly/injured) swim class, that feels so good while pregnant - stretches out those sore muscles, relaxes you and helps with strengthening.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    You may be interested in looking at some pregnancy sites too. The only one I can think of right now is BabyFit, but I know I used several others as well. They have food trackers that focus on the specific needs of a pregnant/nursing mother. Even if you continue to use MFP for all of your logging (the food database here is better than when I used those sites), you can at least get the macro and calorie suggestions from those sites to input as your goals here. Congratulations and best of luck! If you can find a prenatal (or even aerobic for elderly/injured) swim class, that feels so good while pregnant - stretches out those sore muscles, relaxes you and helps with strengthening.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went to see a nutritionst with my second pregancy because I was concerned about all the weight I gained during my first and she tolda me that expectant mothers should only consume an extra 300 calories per day. that would be one tiny meal or two snacks. It was hard but I only gained 15 pounds the whole pregnancy. Keep in mind my pre-pregnancy weight was 175 and I also began to walk 30 minutes a day and went swimming a couple days a week. If you mention to your OB or midwife that weight gain is a huge concern they will refer you to a nutritionist. Hope this help some...And CONGRATS!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, thanks for the friend request. I actually did very well with my first pregnancy...only gained 23lbs. The second one has me scared though lol! I've heard and read that it's more difficult to keep your weight under control for subsequent pregnancies. I got in great shape after having my son, now the goal is not so much weight related as it is health related. Just want to stay as active and as fit as possible! Let's do this! :)