Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I didn't mean to offend. I think it's admirable for other people to eat "clean". But I eat as many fresh fruits/veggies/meats as I can afford and as few processed foods as I can afford, but I still eat and live healthy. I just don't appreciate being told that I am not healthy just by what I've said on this one thread. That's all.

Yanno, I understand this...it does seem that whole foods or organic foods have a bad rap as far as cost, however, a lot of the stores are carrying more wholesome brands at lower prices (at least around here) because there is a heightened demand for it. I kind of look at it as you get what you pay for though.

I think people think if they are thin they are healthy, but it's not always the same thing.

It does sound like you are eating very healthy for the most part. I worry though, that people see reduced fat and think that makes something "healthy" when in fact it's simply a marketing ploy.

And what could be cheaper than making your own peanut butter? :smile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I didn't mean to offend. I think it's admirable for other people to eat "clean". But I eat as many fresh fruits/veggies/meats as I can afford and as few processed foods as I can afford, but I still eat and live healthy. I just don't appreciate being told that I am not healthy just by what I've said on this one thread. That's all.

Yanno, I understand this...it does seem that whole foods or organic foods have a bad rap as far as cost, however, a lot of the stores are carrying more wholesome brands at lower prices (at least around here) because there is a heightened demand for it. I kind of look at it as you get what you pay for though.

I think people think if they are thin they are healthy, but it's not always the same thing.

It does sound like you are eating very healthy for the most part. I worry though, that people see reduced fat and think that makes something "healthy" when in fact it's simply a marketing ploy.

I do know that just because you're thin doesn't mean you're healthy. Your organs can still be all messed up. And sometimes, I can afford a ton of fresh stuff. It just depends on where I go and what sales I hit up. It's hard when it's for one person too b/c I never know how much to buy and try to at least buy less than what I need rather than more so that nothing goes bad.

But making my own peanut butter, sounds like a challenge that might be worth it. :smile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I do know that just because you're thin doesn't mean you're healthy. Your organs can still be all messed up. And sometimes, I can afford a ton of fresh stuff. It just depends on where I go and what sales I hit up. It's hard when it's for one person too b/c I never know how much to buy and try to at least buy less than what I need rather than more so that nothing goes bad.

But making my own peanut butter, sounds like a challenge that might be worth it. :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    To answer your question.....Try Naturally More Peanut Butter ...This peanut butter cost a bit more than others, but loaded with a combination of wheat germ, flaxseed, flaxseed oil, and egg whites for a protein and omega-3 boost. Naturally More has no trans fat and contain no cholesterol. It has 169 calories, 11 grams of fat, 10 gram of protein, 4 gram of dietary fiber per 2 tablespoons.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

No challenge whatsoever! Making my own PB for a while now, follow the same recipe as tig3rang3l previous post, except I add a bit of honey and cinnamom to mine. Yummy! All you need is a food processor and you will have pb in about 5 min. Literally dump it in, grind up, done. Try it!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Naturally More Peanut Butter. Sold at Super Wal*mart. Here is the link http://www.peanutsnack.com

Lower in fat than regular PB (11 g per 16g for most PB).

It has added flaxseed and flaxseed oil. YUMMY!!!

Otherwise I buy Meijer brand Natural crunchy PB (just peanuts and salt) for my family.

And oh... Almond butter!! Maranatha crunchy roasted Almond butter... :bigsmile:
  • missgrneyes2000
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a peanut butter that I really like it is Better'n peanut butter 85% less fat 40% less calories all natural 2-Tbsp (32g) 100 calories and believe me it goes a long long way. I eat it with apples.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a peanut butter that I really like it is Better'n peanut butter 85% less fat 40% less calories all natural 2-Tbsp (32g) 100 calories and believe me it goes a long long way. I eat it with apples.

it has a whole bunch of sugar in it
  • fondawanda
    Options
    Not technically 100 percent natural but D*** GOOD is White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter from Peanut Butter and Co. I buy it at Walmart. You can find it at www.ilovepeanutbutter.com They have a few other flavors as well, even a spicy one! YUM!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Try Smart Balance Peanut Butter. It's made with peanuts, flaxseed oil, palm fruit oil, molasses, and a little salt.
  • hiddensecant
    Options

I wasn't impressed with that one. What did they do with all the protein?
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A few people have said it so far, but I agree the Naturally More peanut butter is pretty good!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

sacrificed for the low calorie crowd
    a shame people buy into this madness of low calorie low fat

peanut fat is a good fat

drives me crazy
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I have a natural peanut butter trick. Turn it upside down and you won't have to stir like crazy. Enjoy!
  • hiddensecant
    Options

sacrificed for the low calorie crowd
    a shame people buy into this madness of low calorie low fat

peanut fat is a good fat

drives me crazy

Yeah, I'll pass.

Smart Balance has more calories than Naturally More but I like the ingredients better.
  • CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    ok...I really appreciate the help from all of you who are helping answer my question. I feel sorry for the people on here who seem to have a goal to make people feel like they are lesser than them. We are all on here for different reasons, and some people need to understand that.
    I asked that question for a reason...because I wanted an answer, not to be ridiculed for asking. I am eating healthier...in the past, I would have gone to the cabinet and eaten whatever peanut butter I had...today I am actually caring about what I eat and how much of it. I AM being more healthy than I was 2 months ago, and if I happen to slip in some low cal peanut butter in with all the healthy food I am now eating, than so be it. NO ONE is perfect and I don't expect myself to be. AND...if a certain few people out there have a problem with that...they can really kiss my shrinking butt!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    wow Candace

I thought this thread was a good discussion on peanut butter

I dindt see anything personal

sorry you feel that way
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a natural peanut butter trick. Turn it upside down and you won't have to stir like crazy. Enjoy!

That's one of those things where you sit there going, "I wish I'd thought of that!"
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    wow Candace

I thought this thread was a good discussion on peanut butter

I dindt see anything personal

sorry you feel that way

I saw it the same way Dave, some people would rather not be educated.:noway:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I got my natural unsalted peanutbutter confenscated at the airport while flying out to a third world country. It was a conspiracy for my peanutbutter I'm sure of it. I was bitter:tongue: