Snow Boots

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
What are your recommendations for non-ugly but very functional snow boots? I'm now within walking distance to work, etc. and in Wisconsin. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Very Water Resistant
2. Tall
3. Super warm
4. Non-fugly
5. Comfortable, no high heels, thanks :)
6. under $150

Danke.

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    not sure about water resistance, but i have some awesome super warm and definitely non fugly (in my humble opinion!) under $140 boots from aerosoles. they're comfy too. way. comfy.

edit: these look great. not super tall but hopefully tall enough. i may have to invest! :)

A0211793_02.tif

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65942?feat=503075-GN3
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    these are HOTT

gameboyboots.jpg
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. So what's up with the all high heel snow boots? Seriously? Yes, I'd like a radius/ulna fracture and a sprained ankle, please! I have a fistful of promotional coupons for JC Penney and Kohls this weekend, so I'm going to see what they have. And at my age, I might just settle for fugly, as long as my feet stay warm and dry. Snort.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How did I forget comfort and non heeled? *LOL*

Rocket, I adore you...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sorel makes some cute ones.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    these are HOTT

gameboyboots.jpg

YES YES THEY ARE :)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    SOREL - Women's Joan of Arctic - they go for about 140$, cold weather performance (-25) and waterproof
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do NOT get the kind of boots with the tassels that hang down. Not sure if they are still in fashion this year but I bought a pair last year and wore them to go for a walk in the snow. I tripped on one of the long tassels, slid on the ice and broke my elbow. Surgery followed as did 5 months of PT.

Stay away from the tassels!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    these are HOTT

gameboyboots.jpg

YES YES THEY ARE :)

wow. and we can even play gameboy in the snow.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Bump. I need boots for snowshoeing and was advised that I do not want to use my snowboard boots
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    not sure about water resistance, but i have some awesome super warm and definitely non fugly (in my humble opinion!) under $140 boots from aerosoles. they're comfy too. way. comfy.

edit: these look great. not super tall but hopefully tall enough. i may have to invest! :)

A0211793_02.tif

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65942?feat=503075-GN3

I have these, actually. They are SUPER warm and comfy, and while I personally don't find them that stylish, I get a lot of compliments on them.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hunter Wellies, they are tall, rubber, you can get fleece inserts to keep your feet warm in the winter, and take them out to use in the spring/summer when it rains. They come in many different colors, and I don't think they are fugly...
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Where are you in Wisconsin? I go to the Pleasant Prairie outlet mall that's probably about halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago. There is a Northface outlet and they usually have boots for a good price. :smile:
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    I second the Hunter Boots----I live in a state that is notorious for LOTS of snow, and this fit the bill perfectly!! I also got some hunter wellie socks........they come in a variety of colors and are necessary for keeping your feet warm!
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would suggest checking into Keen's.
    I have a pair. They are extremely durable, waterproof, and warm.
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wall/shoes/women

I have the 'Betty Boot'
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    these are HOTT

gameboyboots.jpg

Um, wow......I have no words.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I work outside all winter and love my Bogs. They make lots of different styles. They're light weight, warm, and super waterproof.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have the Columbia Bugaboo Omni Heat boots. They retail for $110 but I found them on sale last year for $89. They're not super tall, but I wear them for snowshoeing, walking, barn chores, etc. and my feet don't get cold in the Minnesota winter!

Here's the link for the specs.
    http://www.columbia.com/Women's-Bugaboot™-Omni-Heat®/BL1469,default,pd.html
  • DawnJanette
    DawnJanette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I still love my Snowjoggers........so comfy!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options